Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazier

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ali is the greatest heavyweight ever and he gave us some of the greatest fights and moments in history.

All your hate will never take that away.
    I do not doubt for one minute that he certainly gave us some of the greatest fights and moments in the ring in the history of the sport of boxing. For that I appreciate him. For me I think his biggest win was over George Foreman. I believe he should have retired after that fight. That would have been an amazing retirement the world would remember him with only one loss and more importantly he still had all his faculties at that time

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Tuesday ~ August 26, 1975

Four Seasons Restaurant ~ New York City, New York

~ Press Conference ~

Smokin' Joe Frazier was the first to arrive, and was polite and cordial to the Press Corps and News Media.

Joe discussed his general plans for pre-fight Training during a 30-Minute question and answer session.

Then the {pre-staged} entrance.

It was all set up, that Muhammad Ali would arrive with his 'entourage' and disrupt the Press Interview
    with a 'ranting tirade' aimed at Smokin' Joe.

On Cue >

There was a loud rumbling of noise at the Door Entrance of the 'Four Seasons', an up-scale and fancy
    mid-town Restaurant for the 'high-enders'.

Yes, it was the World's Heavyweight Champion - Muhammad Ali, with his 'gangling mob', an entourage
    of '15' hangers-on, plusTrainer - Angelo Dundee and 'The Head Cheerleader Clown' - Drew 'Bundini' Brown.

The muffled sound at the Door Entrance grew louder and louder, until it couldn't possibly be, wait a mistake >

Muhammad Ali entered the Press Room with the 'Clown Posse'.

The Champion walked into the Room with a sudden boisterous intrusion.

Smokin' Joe Frazier {acted surprised}, but he knew that the game {event} was pre-staged, so he played along.

Muhammad came barreling in by ranting-and-raving.

But the insiders knew it was 'rigged' before-hand.

It was a staged publicity event.

Joe Frazier was one that didn't go for 'Lunch Charades', but he said that he would play along, to make the
    'show' look good.
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 10-11-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Ali is the greatest heavyweight ever and he gave us some of the greatest fights and moments in history.

All your hate will never take that away.
    There could be some argument about Ali being the greatest, he was definitely one of the best. I have no desire to change anything Ali did in or out of the ring. I want to remember all of it! It keeps my blood flowing. Know what I mean?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tuesday ~ August 26, 1975

Four Seasons ~ New York City, New York

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali behaved like an ass for his behaviour and comments to Joe. Ali admitted it, apologised and wished he never did it.

Get over it and remember the fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali behaved like an ass for his behaviour and comments to Joe. Ali admitted it, apologised and wished he never did it.

Muhammad Ali 'never' apologized for anything.

It was 'half-hearted' gesture at best from a 'Certified Sell-Out'.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post

Muhammad Ali 'never' apologized for anything.

It was 'half-hearted' gesture at best from a 'Certified Sell-Out'.
    He did now get a life and move on.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are You Aware

That the Muhammad Ali Sales and Marketing Team were promoting the sale
    of these blue Tee-Shirts.

From August 1975, thru 1980.

Yea, that Muhammad Ali was 'some-kind-of-guy'.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what? Joe could have sold T shirts about Ali's infidelity.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, but the point is, HE DIDN'T. Because Smokin' Joe was a Class Act, something scumbag Ali could never come close to being. Joe was also a faithful family man, while Ali whored around the world acting like a devout Muslim and fucking everything that moved (and some things that DIDN'T move).

Cheated on HIS wife/WIVES incessantly. What an Uncle Tom, trying to copy Elvis Presley. bwAAAAAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In that doc we talked about called facing Ali Foreman said Frazier called him saying " George, Ali keeps calling me an uncle Tom, I don't want people thinking I'm peeping in other people's windows, I'm not a pervert." Frazier thought an uncle Tom was a peeping Tom. Kind of classic, shows how little Frazier grasped all the bs Ali was doing.

Brian Gumble, a great sports writer, of African descent, also wrote an article called Joe Frazier, the white fighter in a Blackman body. He now regrets he ever wrote it but says it was easy to get caught up in that stuff back then.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    True, but the point is, HE DIDN'T. Because Smokin' Joe was a Class Act, something scumbag Ali could never come close to being. Joe was also a faithful family man, while Ali whored around the world acting like a devout Muslim and fucking everything that moved (and some things that DIDN'T move).

Cheated on HIS wife/WIVES incessantly. What an Uncle Tom, trying to copy Elvis Presley. bwAAAAAHAHAHA
    In that ring he was great do not forget that
    Last edited by Master; 10-12-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at this Mister Master.

Isn't it 'Fucking Hilarious'.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

In that ring he was great do not forget that
    Yes, Ali was a great fighter and he may have been one of the first to create a brand the way he did. Yes, he said some dirty stuff to sell tickets but he showed boxers how to make the fight build up profitable. It's a shame Ali is in the state he is today, it would be great to hear him talk on all that stuff he did back then. It was easy to get caught up in the racial bs in the US in the 70's. I truly dislike what Ali did to Joe. Had Joe had People in his camp who were more adept at counter punching the Ali nonsense it would have been interesting. What I truly disliked reading about Ali is how he was prone to using his thumb on opponents eyes. That and some other tactics rather bothered me as I always have Ali on a pedestal. Still, the man is ONE of the all time greats, I don't subscribe to the greatest of all time but certainly give Ali his due. God, it really hurt me to watch that Spinks fight, I know Ali got a good deal of money but look at his face in the ring prior to the fight, I truly believe Ali was already ill before that fight and that just put the icing on the cake. That fight should have been stopped very early. It was one of the saddest fights I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Master; 10-12-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

spinks fight was sad, but this here is worse:

Thread Information