0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitshcko - Fury the gloves are off

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fury is sparring a kickboxer and a few unkown novices that haven't had 20 fights between them. Wlad is sparring Helenius, Scott, Towers etc. It just means Wlad has more money to buy sparring partners.
    Yeah sure! A few journeymen fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    How much do you think they get paid?
    For that lot? 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps?

I know Peter Fury has said that Tysons sparring partners get £5,000 a week.
    Wasted money by ol' Pete.....shouldn't even bother sparring really, Tyson Fury doesn't have a chance in hell
    He might not have to looking at the quality of Wlads sparring. People who have lost to Chisora and Browne!!

They wont pose any of the problems Tyson will. They are greatfull to be there and will be respectfull and just do the rounds. They will not be competative.

In fact I watched an IFL interview with Towers who said there is a tall cruiserweight who was giving Wlad problems with movement and Banks pulled him out after a round!!

Johnny Nelson also commented how the ring has a very thick soft foam n it so its very hard to move about on. Slowng the sparring partners down!

Is this camp more about instilling confidence in Klitschko?
    Must be a magic carpet, as you are implying it only slows down the sparring partners.

Tall cruiserweight? Is that the same one who knocked Tyson on his fanny? Steve something or other, you know who I'm talking about, right? I don't think I'll ever forget Tyson setting on his butt. It was funny, right? I'm sorry, don't think about that, I don't want you to lose any sleep.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Fury is sparring a kickboxer and a few unkown novices that haven't had 20 fights between them. Wlad is sparring Helenius, Scott, Towers etc. It just means Wlad has more money to buy sparring partners.

Wasted money by ol' Pete.....shouldn't even bother sparring really, Tyson Fury doesn't have a chance in hell
    He might not have to looking at the quality of Wlads sparring. People who have lost to Chisora and Browne!!

They wont pose any of the problems Tyson will. They are greatfull to be there and will be respectfull and just do the rounds. They will not be competative.

In fact I watched an IFL interview with Towers who said there is a tall cruiserweight who was giving Wlad problems with movement and Banks pulled him out after a round!!

Johnny Nelson also commented how the ring has a very thick soft foam n it so its very hard to move about on. Slowng the sparring partners down!

Must be a magic carpet, as you are implying it only slows down the sparring partners.

Tall cruiserweight? Is that the same one who knocked Tyson on his fanny? Steve something or other, you know who I'm talking about, right? I don't think I'll ever forget Tyson setting on his butt. It was funny, right? I'm sorry, don't think about that, I don't want you to lose any sleep.
    Yes the same one Tyson knocked out. If it is that one Wlads in trouble if he can only manage a round with him

El Kabong Guest

Wlad isn't fighting Chisroa or Browne, he's fighting Tyson Fury.....and Tyson Fury is a big goofy dope.

Tyson won't cause Wlad any trouble at all...unless Fury's head hurts Wlad's hands.

Oh, that interview? Not really a lot to talk about there....a cruiserweight might be a little quicker than the guys like Towers, but no worries at all...Tyson Fury isn't a cruiserweight, he isn't quick like that and Wlad isn't giving 100% in media attended sparring sessions....sorry.

Yes thick soft foam to slow down the sparring partners.....quick question....what's Wlad standing on in the ring? Oh that same foam...you fucking dolt.

The camp is business same as it has been neigh on 10 years now. Wlad's just preparing to end the title hopes of another flavor of the month.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad isn't fighting Chisroa or Browne, he's fighting Tyson Fury.....and Tyson Fury is a big goofy dope.

Tyson won't cause Wlad any trouble at all...unless Fury's head hurts Wlad's hands.

Oh, that interview? Not really a lot to talk about there....a cruiserweight might be a little quicker than the guys like Towers, but no worries at all...Tyson Fury isn't a cruiserweight, he isn't quick like that and Wlad isn't giving 100% in media attended sparring sessions....sorry.

Yes thick soft foam to slow down the sparring partners.....quick question....what's Wlad standing on in the ring? Oh that same foam...you fucking dolt.

The camp is business same as it has been neigh on 10 years now. Wlad's just preparing to end the title hopes of another flavor of the month.
    You need to emotionally detatch yourself. You seem to take anything I say with regards to this fight personally like Wlads your brother or something

Thats not the interview. It was Richard Towers who said it. I just flicked through the same interview to show you but it looks as though it has now been edited out! Maybe Towers asked them to take it out before he gets the sack!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Klitshcko - Fury the gloves are off

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

Yes the same one Tyson knocked out. If it is that one Wlads in trouble if he can only manage a round with him
    Let's talk about that magic carpet some more, does it force everyone to pick their feet up more or just the sparring partners? How do you know it isn't therapy for Wlad's knee? Maybe Wlad was using his magic shoes, the ones that allow him to glide around the ring.

If you are trying to say Fury's win over Cunningham was a masterful performance or convinced anyone he is a world beater, you should watch that fight again! Fury's size and forearms won that fight for him and I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with that, but he will not be able to do that against Wlad.

El Kabong Guest

Watch from 4:06 on

.....can't be serious. Of course I don't expect Fury to give away how he plans on fighting Wlad, but it SURELY isn't what he's talking about with Nelson.

Also, Johnny Nelson is 6'2....Tyson look a legit 6'9 there? Didn't think so

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch from 4:06 on

.....can't be serious. Of course I don't expect Fury to give away how he plans on fighting Wlad, but it SURELY isn't what he's talking about with Nelson.

Also, Johnny Nelson is 6'2....Tyson look a legit 6'9 there? Didn't think so
    Give over with the height thing! Wilder is listed as the same height as Wlad! http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...913-TGS020.jpg

Find me a pcture where Wlad is taller than Wilder... http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/word...chkoWilder.jpg

I think you will find Wlad wears lifts and Nelson did look much shorter despite waring heels...
    Last edited by ross; 11-18-2015 at 10:35 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Give over with the height thing! Wilder is listed as the same height as Wlad! http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...913-TGS020.jpg

.....I just hope the ring is big enough to hold him horizontally is all. You know, once Fury is knocked out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even Mike Tyson wore lifts. Check out this picture and although the sole looks the same there is a lift inside. https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...rMKtoZbDA.jpeg

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson fury will indeed need lifts also , only he will need them to get him on a Gurney to leave the ring after the fight.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Has Tyson Fury taken a punch from a legit power puncher before?

I mean I saw Cunningham put him on his ass, I saw Pajkic put him down. Those guys aren't big time punchers by any stretch of the imagination. To Tyson's credit he recovered well, but there is no way on Earth if he gets cracked like that from Wladimir that he will shake it off and be standing on solid legs right afterwards.

I don't rate Fury as a threat, he's goofy, and he might get to some fighters mentally and yeah Wlad has a lot of stuff going on in regards to his wife right now so maybe Fury thinks he can get Wlad angry or have Wlad use up some energy by being angry or mad or what have you....but Wlad is a fucking professional, he's had guys try to get him angry like that before....I just don't get where the confidence in Fury comes from other than he's probably too fucking stupid to know that he's in big time trouble once the bell rings.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Tyson Fury taken a punch from a legit power puncher before?

I mean I saw Cunningham put him on his ass, I saw Pajkic put him down. Those guys aren't big time punchers by any stretch of the imagination. To Tyson's credit he recovered well, but there is no way on Earth if he gets cracked like that from Wladimir that he will shake it off and be standing on solid legs right afterwards.

I don't rate Fury as a threat, he's goofy, and he might get to some fighters mentally and yeah Wlad has a lot of stuff going on in regards to his wife right now so maybe Fury thinks he can get Wlad angry or have Wlad use up some energy by being angry or mad or what have you....but Wlad is a fucking professional, he's had guys try to get him angry like that before....I just don't get where the confidence in Fury comes from other than he's probably too fucking stupid to know that he's in big time trouble once the bell rings.
    All the same things were said about Clay v Liston

El Kabong Guest

All the same things were said about Clay v Liston
    And it's fine that you wish to keep clinging to really extreme examples like that, but typically the case is the experienced fighter beats the inexperienced fighter.

I mean you come in saying Fury is young, Fury is big, Wlad's never seen anyone like Fury before and I could say.....

All the same things were said about Hopkins vs Pavlik

or

All the same things were said about Calzaghe vs Lacy

or

All the same things were said about Duran vs Barkley

but whatever man

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find the example of Clay v Liston funny , because Liston was a plodding power puncher , Clay was a fleet footed fancy dan who avoided punches better than any HW.
    Fury is a big lump with no defence and is fighting a big power puncher who is fast of hand and foot.
    Lets face it fury is about as hard to " FIND ", as a turd in a punch bowl.

Chalk and cheese.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I find the example of Clay v Liston funny , because Liston was a plodding power puncher , Clay was a fleet footed fancy dan who avoided punches better than any HW.
    Fury is a big lump with no defence and is fighting a big power puncher who is fast of hand and foot.
    Lets face it fury is about as hard to " FIND ", as a turd in a punch bowl.

Chalk and cheese.
    Clay wasn't considered a "fleet footed fancy dan who avoided punches better than any HW" at all!!

He had been dropped twice by much smaller men who neither were ever workd class and the smaller one, Cooper was his last fight before Liston.

He was far from considered either unhittable or having a good chin

This is why I use it as an example. You just cant get your head around how poorly he was thought of before the Liston fight because you have the luxury of knowing his whole career but at that point no one gave him a chamce and he was 8/1 to beat Liston compared to Furys 3/1 to beat Klitschko.

Thread Information