Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kell brook Carson jones ii

Is just me that think this rematch is a bit pointless for Kell he's already beat him once why go over old ground there Is no shortage of welterweight fighters about even a fight with Lee purdy makes more sence , I do like Kell but this fight just doesn't seem to intrest me at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell brook Carson jones ii

For me the first fight was very close indeed. IMO Brook needs to beat Jones convincingly to prove he's genuinely the better fighter and leave no doubt, as after the first fight, for me, he left doubt.......

I think the second time he will have learned he can't cut corners in training, comes better prepared and he stops Jones....

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not that excited about it, i think its a bit of a daft fight for kell

he needs to win big mind
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't get him any new exposure, but it's a great fight to take if he actually wants to keep improving. Jones is a hungry, dangerous fighter who came on to put Kell in quite a bit of trouble towards the end of their first fight I thought. It's exactly the kind of fight worth doing over for a young talent, there's no better way to find out where he's at currently.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This might actually be the most dangerous fight of Kells young career. He has to win it and he has to convincingly. The pressure is extreme after the Alexander fiasco even if the two pull outs were legit.
    For all of those that like to bet their hard earned cash on a possible upset,this might be a fight to consider.

ICB Guest

I see no problem with a rematch, Kell Brook got his nose broken it was a very close fight. And it was a good fight action wise, Kell Brook needs to win more convincingly if he wants to move on to the next level im quite excited to see this fight, i wish more fighters would rematch fighters wanting to prove a point.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Kell tired badly in the fight and did leave a doubt that he is a world class operator. I believe he should win more convincingly and this should set him up for the winner of Alexander v Khan in an ideal world.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jus seen the undercards for this some good fighters on show Campbell fielding selby and ogogo probably going to be good , still not sold on the rematch lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colinc View Post
    Is just me that think this rematch is a bit pointless for Kell he's already beat him once why go over old ground there Is no shortage of welterweight fighters about even a fight with Lee purdy makes more sence , I do like Kell but this fight just doesn't seem to intrest me at all

I agree, I thought it was pointless when it was announced. Kell looked like a world class fighter when he burst on the scene but he could've stepped it up 2 years ago and I think the fact he hasn't has hindered his development and it is showing in his performances. I would have put money he'd have beaten Alexander quite clearly 2 years ago, but now it looks a close fight. They're clearly just trying to maintain his IBF #1 status by going over old ground with Jones. They should be trying to make a statement with a bigger name.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a good fight considering he just royally fucked up his shot at Alexander - which inturn fucked up possible big fights he could have drawn with a belt.

Considering he's pretty much frozen out at the moment, he could have been matched with someone softer. At least we know it is a competitive match. Also it isn't being sold as the main event, it's actually part of the undercard.
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-25-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's topping the bill can't b Derry matthews or the lad who's jus turned pro with a 4 or 6 rounder

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spmething wrong with this guy mentally. He turned down lots of opportunities when he was with Warren by asking for silly money and then he bottles the Alexander fight. Will crumble when he eventualy gets in the ring with a world class fighter.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jus seen the undercards for this some good fighters on show Campbell fielding selby and ogogo probably going to be good , still not sold on the rematch lol
    Fielding? Good? Get out of town.

I heard Kells team requested 10 rounds rather then 12 which it now is but also requested a catchweight which wasnt agreed. Could be struggling with his fitness?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Fielding? Good? Get out of town.

I heard Kells team requested 10 rounds rather then 12 which it now is but also requested a catchweight which wasnt agreed. Could be struggling with his fitness?
    Kell is in trouble if all this is true, he is falling a part.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's topping the bill can't b Derry matthews or the lad who's jus turned pro with a 4 or 6 rounder
    Luke Campbell is toping the bill, the guy who won the gold medal at the Olympics and was are best amateur ever I've heard.

Thread Information