Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who would win between the two?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Mayorga wins tonight, what about Mayweather next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Mayorga wins tonight, what about Mayweather next?

Floyd is my favorite fighter inside the ring, but I don't see any way that he can keep Mayorga off of him. He uses the shoulder roll and it's basically a numbers game before the unpredictable Mayorga lands a big right hand (similar to what I see happeneing tonight).

Floyd has said in interviews that Mayorga is a nobody and he would be able to beat him easily. Mayorga has also commented on boxingtalk.com in interviews, but I'm not a member.

Alright, answer the question and vote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Mayorga wins tonight, what about Mayweather next?

if mayorga wins pbf should go back and fight tony and then ricky. he's only concern in jr mid would be oscar and that would prob be at a catch weight anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF just fought his second fight at 147 and I expect him to be there for at least 2 to 3 years, he is way to small to move up to 154 right now and when he finally does Mayorga may be retired. But it's the tale of two different fighters. Mayorga is alot stronger then PBF but PBF is such a perfectionist in the ring. He has great defense, jab, quickness, and power. Even though I don't see the fight happening because of the difference in size PBF is just to much of a talent to lose that fight. He has been challenging everybody bigger than him including Winky, Oscar, and Ricardo but he should stay at 147 and dominate the division, he will lose his power advantage at 154.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

PBF just fought his second fight at 147 and I expect him to be there for at least 2 to 3 years, he is way to small to move up to 154 right now and when he finally does Mayorga may be retired. But it's the tale of two different fighters. Mayorga is alot stronger then PBF but PBF is such a perfectionist in the ring. He has great defense, jab, quickness, and power. Even though I don't see the fight happening because of the difference in size PBF is just to much of a talent to lose that fight. He has been challenging everybody bigger than him including Winky, Oscar, and Ricardo but he should stay at 147 and dominate the division, he will lose his power advantage at 154.
    What power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather didn't have a power advantage when he was fighting at 135 or even 130!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMasterpiece

Ask all his opponents what power and they will explain. You don't destroy opponents like that without power.

What power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask all his opponents what power and they will explain. You don't destroy opponents like that without power.

What power?
    Which opponents did he destroy with power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mayorga wins tonight, Delahoya is definitely retired.

And then I guess it would make Mayorga-Mayweather a great possibility. Personally I'd rather see Hatton get the next PBf shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Mayweather didn't have a power advantage when he was fighting at 135 or even 130!
    PBFs power is very underrated.It doesn't look like he hits that hard because he isn't trying.In order for mayweather to hit soeone with a hard punch he has to commit to the punch but he hardly ever does. He likes to throw quick shots. I think he doesn't commit because he wants to always be prepared to defend but if he gets comfortable and realizes you can't get him he then starts to commit. A good example of this is the gatti fight. I don't care what anyone says pbf was hurting gatti and if they didn't stop it he would have been knocked out and seriously hurt. The kids got power when he wants to show it.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What power?
    I would say his most impressive power display would be Diego Corrales where he knocked him down 5 times in route to a KO, or what about the human punching bag Arturro Gatti who could not continue because of punishment, Floyd may not have Felix Trinidad type punching power but he can dish out punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would pick Mayorga apart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    If Mayorga wins tonight, Delahoya is definitely retired.

And then I guess it would make Mayorga-Mayweather a great possibility. Personally I'd rather see Hatton get the next PBf shot.
    I tend to agree here. Hatton should be next in line, or Margarito. Mayorga beating Delahoya tonight would satisfy me to no ends. Forget Maywhether right now, Mayorga has a huge task in front of him tonight, in taking down the Golden Boy. It's gonna be an uphill battle, but one I believe Mayorga will win. Lets go El Matador!!!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say his most impressive power display would be Diego Corrales where he knocked him down 5 times in route to a KO, or what about the human punching bag Arturro Gatti who could not continue because of punishment, Floyd may not have Felix Trinidad type punching power but he can dish out punishment.
    He didn't do Corrales with devastatking power. it was timing, speed and wearing Corrales down with body punches too, he wore Corrales out and dropped him. It wasn't one punch power. Mayweather isn't a devastating puncher he's a volume puncher, he wears you down with presision, accuracy and speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

He didn't do Corrales with devastatking power. it was timing, speed and wearing Corrales down with body punches too, he wore Corrales out and dropped him. It wasn't one punch power. Mayweather isn't a devastating puncher he's a volume puncher, he wears you down with presision, accuracy and speed.
    same like Hopkins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What power?
    Oh for sure man, his accuracy is what scores him all those knockdowns. You can't argue with that
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information