Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Will recent events of the cop who could not tell the difference between a taser and a gun impact on the case?
    I have to say it seems to me that the standards of law enforcement officers has dropped over the years.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will recent events of the cop who could not tell the difference between a taser and a gun impact on the case?
    https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/st...87546233147392

In yet another case in Chicago:

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1382787596556894209

https://twitter.com/oyebee/status/1382796303873282051

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

9. Carbon monoxide from vehicles' exhaust killed Floyd!

Just when I thought they couldn't pull any more straws out of their ass... they come up with this one. LOL

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nse-rests-case

Well... seems like the defense has rested their case, and closing arguments are set to begin shortly. Chauvin declined the option to testify... which is just as well. He would've been skewered by the prosecution, practically ending the case right there.

Let's see what the justice system does with this one.

One... justice is served and Chauvin is found guilty of the charges leveled against him... goes away for a VERY LONG TIME... and everybody goes home satisfied.

Or "B".... another travesty of justice where he gets less than what he deserves, opening the floodgates for the riots that are sure to follow.

Then many will blame the protesters... rinse and repeat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj84...-footage-shows

Maybe if cases like this were highlighted more then more people could get on board with the fact that a lot of police are a bunch of thugs who need sorting out.

I sympathise a lot with the position a lot of police are in. I'm sure the majority of police are fine upstanding people and they do an incredibly difficult and dangerous job. I wouldn't like their job. But there are obviously massive problems that need to be dealt with eh.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://twitter.com/MisterResiste12/...96685631897608

https://www.chicagotribune.com/la-me...205-story.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/05/...turns-to-duty/

Another one. He has an identical twin brother and they're both fucking criminals who should be prosecuted, not serving the public. I'm sure I read somewhere that the entire Vallejo police force has a massive problem with criminals in uniform.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Current and former employees describe a department where bullies thrive, whistleblowers are dealt with harshly, and the pressure to shoot and kill civilians is strong. “Some days I feel like I work with a bunch of thugs who take pleasure out of hurting people,” a current member of the department told Open Vallejo on condition they not be named.

While reporting this story, Open Vallejo received a series of threatening emails from an anonymous account using the name, “Tariq Aziz.” Law enforcement sources believe the author is a high-ranking Vallejo official with knowledge of the badge-bending tradition. This is consistent with Open Vallejo’s analysis of the emails and other evidence.

https://openvallejo.org/2020/07/28/v...tal-shootings/

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait aren’t we waiting on the trial to finish and the jury to make the call. If the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict are we gonna burn shit down? Does the jury have access to facts we don’t or do we use Twitter to make these calls. I’m mean we kinda know how the Twitter algorithms lean. If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty. Damn there is always the hung jury right, to we burn shit down if the jury can’t agree to a verdict and he is tried again or do we wait till he’s tried again snd see. Shit if he is guilty we burn shit in happiness like a World Series win. I guess in that regard it a win win. As long as shit burns. Fuck me, Twitter. It’s like a poison. Keep feeding people the shit the they agree with.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Wait aren’t we waiting on the trial to finish and the jury to make the call. If the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict are we gonna burn shit down? Does the jury have access to facts we don’t or do we use Twitter to make these calls. I’m mean we kinda know how the Twitter algorithms lean. If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty. Damn there is always the hung jury right, to we burn shit down if the jury can’t agree to a verdict and he is tried again or do we wait till he’s tried again snd see. Shit if he is guilty we burn shit in happiness like a World Series win. I guess in that regard it a win win. As long as shit burns. Fuck me, Twitter. It’s like a poison. Keep feeding people the shit the they agree with.

If he's found not guilty, or more likely one fucker on the jury won't agree that he is guilty and there's a mistrial, do you think that that would be a fair result?

What with you getting your news and opinions from Fox News and talk radio I can understand your anger about people getting information from other sources.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty."

Insightful.

Yeah I know. The justice system... due process... presumption of innocence unless proven guilty... blah, blah, blah.

Thousands upon thousands of public funds spent in a weeks-long trial... of a case where half a dozen cameras were pointed at the murder from several different vantage points.

Cameras with sound, whose videos clearly show Floyd pleading "I can't breathe!" over and over... until he stops breathing.

In the Court of TitoFan, the process would go something like this:

"Has the jury seen every video submitted as evidence?"

"Has the medical examiner determined the exact cause of death?"

"Was Floyd already dead when Chauvin put his knee on Floyd's neck?"

"Ok. Jury... go huddle for half an hour... and come back with your guilty verdict... so I can pass sentence and go home. I have a Minnesota Timberwolves game I gotta watch tonight."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Insightful.

Yeah I know. The justice system... due process... presumption of innocence unless proven guilty... blah, blah, blah.

Thousands upon thousands of public funds spent in a weeks-long trial... of a case where half a dozen cameras were pointed at the murder from several different vantage points.

Cameras with sound, whose videos clearly show Floyd pleading "I can't breathe!" over and over... until he stops breathing.

"Ok. Jury... go huddle for half an hour... and come back with your guilty verdict... so I can pass sentence and go home. I have a Minnesota Timberwolves game I gotta watch tonight."
    Due process blah blah blah. I’m just saying we are almost at the end. Now everyone on twatter is a lawyer. I made my views clear a while back. Will you accept the juries verdict regardless or do you think you know better if you disagree with the outcome. Did you convict the guy 100%
    Last edited by walrus; 04-18-2021 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Due process blah blah blah. I’m just saying we are almost at the end. Now everyone on twatter is a lawyer. I made my views clear a while back. Will you accept the juries verdict regardless or do you think you know better if you disagree with the outcome. Did you convict the guy 100%

Honest answer? No.

I won't accept the jury's verdict if he's found not guilty.

Nothing I can do about it... but I won't accept it.

Will I personally riot? Hell no.

Do I think riots would be warranted if Chauvin gets off on some technicality or the jury's blind, deaf, and dumb? Sure... why not.

It is what it is. Had there been no video, Chauvin would be walking the streets today, probably as a cop having served a suspension.

Even with videos from every angle, we're still watching a weeks-old trial.

Justice is important. But mockery of justice is not a good thing.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

Do I think riots would be warranted if Chauvin gets off on some technicality or the jury's blind, deaf, and dumb? Sure... why not.

It is what it is. Had there been no video, Chauvin would be walking the streets today, probably as a cop having served a suspension.

Well that’s fine. I think it looked like murder. But I don’t have all the facts. A video yeah. Would I say someone is 100% guilty by that, no, there may be more evidence that needs to be looked at. For all I know it may make the cop look worse. Maybe not though. It may be blah blah blah but I’ll take to due process thing when available

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does it have to be a unanimous decision for a guilty verdict and not just a majority? Seems like a unnecessary high bar.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does it have to be a unanimous decision for a guilty verdict and not just a majority? Seems like a unnecessary high bar.

Fair question, and one I'm sure has been asked privately many times.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

Well that’s fine. I think it looked like murder. But I don’t have all the facts. A video yeah. Would I say someone is 100% guilty by that, no, there may be more evidence that needs to be looked at. For all I know it may make the cop look worse. Maybe not though. It may be blah blah blah but I’ll take to due process thing when available

How many more facts do you need? At this point you're just regurgitating the standard answer to all crimes where it should be a slam dunk but are dragged anyway in the name of "justice." It's why criminals are more brazen in their acts even when they know they're being filmed (aka.. Chauvin)..... because they know that blah blah blah is going to buy them some time until they get off on a technicality.

If you're fine with that, you're totally within your rights.

Thread Information