Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's official, I am shifting to MMA.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's official, I am shifting to MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Mayweather may have won the title but he doesn't deserve it. People were booing him and I honestly believe his win is not enough to put him above Pac. Pac controlled the fight and I just can't believe people win boxing titles by running, hugging and applying all kinds of dirty tricks. What Mayweather had done is not "sweet science". It's surviving. FACT. In MMA, when people give you boos, it means you lost the fight but the judges saw a different fight.
    Switch to Jesus, he never disappoints!
    Doesn't he?

Why didn't his fist show up for Manny?

Where was the fist and what was it doing instead?

Was the fist too busy washing Jesus' hair on a Saturday night?
    Christians do fall sometimes, look at Holyfield, flesh is weak
    But Manny promised us the fist! Where was the fist??!
    He meant you could buy it as a souvenir
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather may have won the title but he doesn't deserve it. People were booing him and I honestly believe his win is not enough to put him above Pac. Pac controlled the fight and I just can't believe people win boxing titles by running, hugging and applying all kinds of dirty tricks. What Mayweather had done is not "sweet science". It's surviving. FACT. In MMA, when people give you boos, it means you lost the fight but the judges saw a different fight.
    Switch to Jesus, he never disappoints!
    Doesn't he?

Why didn't his fist show up for Manny?

Where was the fist and what was it doing instead?

Was the fist too busy washing Jesus' hair on a Saturday night?
    Christians do fall sometimes, look at Holyfield, flesh is weak
    But Manny promised us the fist! Where was the fist??!
    He meant you could buy it as a souvenir
    No. He promised the FIST OF GOD would be there to help him strike Floyd -- the bad sinner man down.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. He promised the FIST OF GOD would be there to help him strike Floyd -- the bad sinner man down.
    I doubt Manny said exactly that. Only Robert Guerero was saying this sinner punishing crap.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

118-110 score? Come on men. Who would have scored something like except if he is in mayweather's payroll. The world saw how frustrated mayweather's father was with his son coz he knew they were losing it.

I would have accepted the result except that the scores were just too incredible. Can you really honestly say that Mayweather convincingly won in that fight? And that was a fight of the century ? It was pacquaio who made it exciting and mayweather in many instances hugged Pacquaio trying to survive. Fact.
    the only fact is that Manny didn't deal well with a guy who could move and avoid his shots, FACT is that Manny landed mainly only shots on his arms, FACT is that Floyd played with him for large portion of the fight, FACT is I had it 117-111 for Floyd, and FACT is Manny always has an excuse as to why he loses a fight so it only makes sense that your ass would follow suit of your pathetic loser leader, if it's not cause of his socks, it's the gloves, or a lucky punch, or that the judges were in the other guys corner despite the fact that he was the big name, GTHO of here with that bullshit, you should probably get into watching WWE or some shit cause at least it's as fake as you and your idol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    118-110 score? Come on men. Who would have scored something like except if he is in mayweather's payroll. The world saw how frustrated mayweather's father was with his son coz he knew they were losing it.

I would have accepted the result except that the scores were just too incredible. Can you really honestly say that Mayweather convincingly won in that fight? And that was a fight of the century ? It was pacquaio who made it exciting and mayweather in many instances hugged Pacquaio trying to survive. Fact.
    the only fact is that Manny didn't deal well with a guy who could move and avoid his shots, FACT is that Manny landed mainly only shots on his arms, FACT is that Floyd played with him for large portion of the fight, FACT is I had it 117-111 for Floyd, and FACT is Manny always has an excuse as to why he loses a fight so it only makes sense that your ass would follow suit of your pathetic loser leader, if it's not cause of his socks, it's the gloves, or a lucky punch, or that the judges were in the other guys corner despite the fact that he was the big name, GTHO of here with that bullshit, you should probably get into watching WWE or some shit cause at least it's as fake as you and your idol
    Damn...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd was looking like Barry Sanders in the ring. With that kind of movement and juking, Floyd with never get beat. if some other boxer does what may does it's called running, when Floyd does it it's called the sweet science. Rico at least engages, he will stand in front of u and not get hit. Headmovement. Roy never bounced around the ring like that. Staying 2 feet away from your opponent is not boxing. It's boring, which is why I paid nothing to stream that shit. "Most underwhelming fight of the century"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there's a big misconception on what "running" actually is. Running is simply fleeing with no plan of engaging, you're simply trying to escape. It's what DLH did in the last few rounds of the Trinidad fight, and yes, it's what Floyd did for a few seconds at the end of a couple of the rounds to avoid a late Pacquiao flurry.

Standing toe to toe with a guy in the middle of the ring, looking to counter and using movement to keep your opponent off balance is not running. Taking a step back or to the side when your opponent lunges at you is not running. Dashing to the left or right when your opponent has trapped you on ropes is not running. That's boxing. You go to a boxing gym and your first day the trainer will show you how to properly move forward, backwards and to the sides. I understand that casual fans aren't going to understand the difference, but I find it weird that so many "real" boxing fans don't understand it.

Floyd ran for maybe 30-40 seconds of the fight, and he held for maybe 20-30 seconds. So let's say Floyd ran and held for about a minute. What about the other 35 minutes of the fight? What's Pac's excuse for being wholly ineffective in that period of time?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is boring to watch particularly lately because he has no punch to hurt his opponent. I can appreciate skill but the fight with Manny was awful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I think there's a big misconception on what "running" actually is. Running is simply fleeing with no plan of engaging, you're simply trying to escape. It's what DLH did in the last few rounds of the Trinidad fight, and yes, it's what Floyd did for a few seconds at the end of a couple of the rounds to avoid a late Pacquiao flurry.

Standing toe to toe with a guy in the middle of the ring, looking to counter and using movement to keep your opponent off balance is not running. Taking a step back or to the side when your opponent lunges at you is not running. Dashing to the left or right when your opponent has trapped you on ropes is not running. That's boxing. You go to a boxing gym and your first day the trainer will show you how to properly move forward, backwards and to the sides. I understand that casual fans aren't going to understand the difference, but I find it weird that so many "real" boxing fans don't understand it.

Floyd ran for maybe 30-40 seconds of the fight, and he held for maybe 20-30 seconds. So let's say Floyd ran and held for about a minute. What about the other 35 minutes of the fight? What's Pac's excuse for being wholly ineffective in that period of time?
    Watch again the fight. Floyd was running trying to survive. FACT. If the fight was boring, it was because of FLOYD. FACT. Pac came to him looking to engage but FLOYD ran all night, hugged all night and did all the dirty tricks he knew all night. He's a disgrace to boxing. FACT.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahahahaaa

I feel badly for you @brucelee I'm starting to see that you're not mentally all there...

And it's not nice to laugh at the less fortunate.

Good luck in life.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Watch again the fight. Floyd was running trying to survive. FACT. If the fight was boring, it was because of FLOYD. FACT. Pac came to him looking to engage but FLOYD ran all night, hugged all night and did all the dirty tricks he knew all night. He's a disgrace to boxing. FACT.
    yet punch stats state that not only did Floyd throw more punches yet outlanded Manny as well, so how the hell did Manny engage more while throwing less and just followed Floyd around all night, bitches like you who suck one fighters dick and don't know anything about anyone or anything else in the sport, that's a disgrace to boxing, you said you're done with boxing, well fuck off and go watch dudes dry hump on the floor of a steel cage

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeah, i like it nuthugging pac. At least I know what Im saying when it comes to Pac.
    Hopefully for the sake of sanity its not "eemmm I think I win the fight"
    With valid reason to think that he won the fight. Mayweather was on the ropes several times. you saw that and i suggest you watch it again. I HAVE WATCHED IT AGAIN.
    99% OF US DON'T NEED TO WATCH IT AGAIN, ONCE WAS ENOUGH.
    Watch it again, watch it again, watch it again!! Why? Is something going to change? Are we supposed to listen to your expert opinion, watch the fight again, and see something we missed.
    Not in this fight, this fight wasn't fought at blazing speed, there weren't a thousand punches thrown by both fighters, it was simple to score.
    Unlike some of you, I enjoyed the fight. It wasn't a barnburner and didn't live up to my best expectations but I was into it.
    And then all the whining started. I lost some respect for Manny then, and some more when he said he fought with an injury.
    Idiot! Give us the best you have, or don't get in the ring.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 05-06-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway it's a good choice for you or anyone else here to switch to MMA. Start with UFC's free card on the weekend. Samoan brawler and kickboxing icon Mark Hunt fights Stipe Miocic. Two KO punchers going to war. None of this "tag, you're it" bullshit that Mayweather and Pacquaio did on Saturday.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Floyd was looking like Barry Sanders in the ring. With that kind of movement and juking, Floyd with never get beat. if some other boxer does what may does it's called running, when Floyd does it it's called the sweet science. Rico at least engages, he will stand in front of u and not get hit. Headmovement. Roy never bounced around the ring like that. Staying 2 feet away from your opponent is not boxing. It's boring, which is why I paid nothing to stream that shit. "Most underwhelming fight of the century"
    i actually think its the opposite. if floyd does it its called running but if somebody else does it its called boxing.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    i actually think its the opposite. if floyd does it its called running but if somebody else does it its called boxing.
    I think he was literally running at times and holding on for his dear life. Preety awful fight to watch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information