‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker

British heavyweight Derek Chisora and former world champion Joseph Parker have agreed to fight on 1 May after a friendly exchange on FaceTime.

Chisora was filmed repeatedly phoning Parker earlier this week but the New Zealand fighter did not pick up given it was 2am in his time zone.

When the pair did connect on FaceTime, Chisora, 37, told Parker, 29, he was "ready to rock and roll" on 1 May.
    "I've been trying to get hold of you, son," Chisora told his rival.

Parker replied: "Listen, you've been trying to get hold of me at 2am.

"Are you ready to go 1 May? I am ready to rock and roll too. Let's make it happen."

Parker - who held the WBO world heavyweight title before a points defeat to Anthony Joshua - was poised to face Chisora in October 2019 but withdrew after being bitten by a spider.

The withdrawal is still on Chisora's mind and after raising the issue during their call he eventually asked Parker to "pinky promise" they would fight on 1 May.

"Here's Joe FaceTiming me and he's definitely confirming the fight's happening," explained Chisora, while holding a phone showing a smiling Parker up to the camera.

The fight is yet to be officially confirmed but Chisora ended the call by stating the pair will instruct their legal representatives to move things forward.

Parker overcame compatriot Junior Fa on 27 February to take his record to 28 wins and two defeats.

He continues to seek a route back to a shot at one of the heavyweight division's champions - currently Joshua and Tyson Fury.

Chisora lost to Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk in October and has 32 wins from 42 fights as a professional.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56296949
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora and Joseph Parker confirmed, plus Katie Taylor v Natasha Jonas

British heavyweight Derek Chisora and former world champion Joseph Parker's bout has been confirmed for 1 May as part of an exciting card.
    Undisputed world lightweight champion Katie Taylor will also defend her titles against Natasha Jonas.

New Zealand's Parker was poised to face Chisora in October 2019 but withdrew after being bitten by a spider.

"I'm looking forward to the fight, I cannot wait to get back in the ring," said 37-year-old Chisora.

A venue is yet to be announced but Parker, who held the WBO world heavyweight title before a points defeat by Anthony Joshua, said the fight would take place on British soil.

The 29-year-old, who continues to seek a route back to a shot at one of the heavyweight division's champions, added: "I'm excited to start this new chapter in my career with a new coach and some fresh ideas.
    "Chisora and I have unfinished business and inside the ring one of us will get the job done.

"I am well aware that a win on British soil and on worldwide television will put me in pole position whereas a loss will be catastrophic."

Parker overcame compatriot Junior Fa on 27 February to take his record to 28 wins and two defeats, while Chisora lost to Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk in October and has 32 wins from 42 fights as a professional.

Parker is working with Andy Lee, who also works with Tyson Fury, and would like to train alongside the Briton in preparation for the bout.
    "He's not the same size as Chisora and he doesn't have the same style but I think being around a champion like him, if I can get in there and do some rounds with him or train alongside him, it would be very beneficial," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It's exciting to be in an environment where you can be lifted from others around you."Now that I've changed camps and I've got a new trainer, a new environment, I have to go out there and make a statement - we're working on that now so I can climb and get closer to challenging for the world title again."

Ireland's Taylor and Liverpool fighter Jonas will face a rematch of their bout in the quarter-finals at the London 2012 Olympics, which Taylor won on her way to claiming the gold medal.

"It's a fight that people have been asking for and those are the type of fights you want to be part of," said Taylor, who has a 17-0 professional record.

"People still talk about our fight in the 2012 Olympics and I think that proved to be a real eye opener for people in terms of what women's boxing is all about."

Chris Eubank Jr meets Marcus Morrison in an all-British middleweight tussle and Russia's undefeated WBA light-heavyweight world champion Dmitry Bivol will put his title on the line against London fighter Craig Richards.

"This is one of the strongest shows we've promoted and there is still even more to come," said promoter Eddie Hearn.
    "Chisora versus Parker is a brilliant style match up that has been brewing for years and Taylor versus Jonas is one of the biggest fights in women's boxing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56464595

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

14yrs 42 fights old. some serious miles on those 42 bouts, Derek will be one of those guys that just gets old in one fight. I like Derek, but think Parker takes it by decision.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to retire ASAP.

He’s suffering serious damage in there.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    14yrs 42 fights old. some serious miles on those 42 bouts, Derek will be one of those guys that just gets old in one fight. I like Derek, but think Parker takes it by decision.
    Funny thing is , I thought that is exactly what happened in the 2nd Fury fight. Watching that fight, you would think he would never fight again. I always thought he was the luckiest HW to keep getting good earning fights because he never beat anyone. That was a good few years ago.
    To be fair to him, he has produced some of his best performances since then.
    But if you said he shouldn’t be doing it anymore, I wouldn’t argue. Too tough for his own good.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May 1st I just want a decent top tier heavyweight scrap for my B day . This is closer to it than the PBC same day steamer Ruiz v Arreola on PPV . Hope Parker comes with more fire than his waltz with Junior Fa though. Good to see Bivol back in action on card.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dereck Chisora is the best paid journeyman in history!

Joking aside, I would have picked Parker to comfortably beat Chisora prior to the Fa fight, but now, I'm not so sure.

Parker looked very flat versus Fa & I don't know if it is because of Fa's style, or whether Joseph has slipped, but he'll need to up his game, otherwise he's in for a tough fight.

I'm going with Parker, but the fight might be more interesting than I previously thought such a fight would be.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    I'm going with Parker, but the fight might be more interesting than I previously thought such a fight would be.
    I'd agree with that. Wasn't impressed by Parker vs Fa at all. It's easy to forget he's not even 30 still but he seems like an old fighter.
    This could be a pretty competitive fight, especially if Chis comes out swinging for the fences like he did vs Whyte.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    I'd agree with that. Wasn't impressed by Parker vs Fa at all. It's easy to forget he's not even 30 still but he seems like an old fighter.
    This could be a pretty competitive fight, especially if Chis comes out swinging for the fences like he did vs Whyte.
    Chisora comes out swinging against everyone including Usyk and still loses.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    He needs to retire ASAP.

He’s suffering serious damage in there.
    I honestly don't think he will retire, as long as he is making a few bob from his fights and there is still a little interest in them he'll keep taking them, I think he genuinely just enjoys it, he doesn't need the money, I think its just a nice little bonus.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora teams up with new trainer Buddy McGirt ahead of heavyweight clash against Joseph Parker

Derek Chisora announces Buddy McGirt as new trainer to oversee preparations for his crucial heavyweight clash against New Zealand's former WBO champion Joseph Parker on May 1,

Derek Chisora has teamed up with new trainer Buddy McGirt ahead of next month's crucial heavyweight clash against Joseph Parker.

Chisora faces former WBO champion Parker on May 1, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and respected American McGirt will now oversee the British contender's preparations.

Announcing his trainer on social media, Chisora wrote: 'Building on the team, preparing for war!'

McGirt most recently trained Sergey Kovalev, the former WBO light-heavyweight champion, and also previously guided the career of Sky Sports expert Matthew Macklin.

Parker has also revamped his training camp, bringing in Tyson Fury's coach Andy Lee after the New Zealander amicably split from long-term cornerman Kevin Barry.

"I think it's exciting to see how it plays out," Parker's manager David Higgins told Sky Sports.

"We've heard good things about Andy. The two of them will spend a bit of time together and get to know each other.

"(Parker) He's excited about freshening things up a bit and maybe learning some new things, in a new environment.

"He had a wonderful run together with Kevin Barry and became world champion, but now it's time for a new chapter."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-joseph-parker

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

D. Chisora will plod along and get hit a hella shots and lose but not by knockout. He's gonna claim injury and then have more future fights. I don't think he should be fighting anymore at this point but he will plod on.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Too tough for his own good.
    This.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'd be some boxing story if Derek won

where would he go next?