Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kid Galahad v Kiko Martinez - 13/11/21

Kid Galahad to defend IBF featherweight belt in Sheffield

Kid Galahad will make the first defence of his IBF featherweight title in his home city of Sheffield against Kiko Martinez on November 13 while WBC super-featherweight champion Terri Harper is set to return from injury.

Galahad realised his world title dream by defeating fellow Briton Jazza Dickens for the vacant crown in August and is set for a swift return to action against veteran Spaniard Martinez at the Sheffield Arena.

“I am beyond excited for this,” said Galahad (28-1, 17KOs). “To make my maiden world title defence right here in front of the incredible people of Sheffield, my family and my fans will be a very special moment.”

Martinez (42-10-2, 29KOs) is a former world super-bantamweight titlist and has fought a number of Galahad’s compatriots in his career, most recently losing a debatable decision to Zelfa Barrett in February.

“Kiko is a former world champion and has been in with multiple other world champions so he has a huge amount of experience, he is a very tough man and never shies away during a fight,” added Galahad.

“We saw how sharp and hungry he looked against Zelfa Barrett recently so with this being his chance to become world champion again, I’m expecting an even hungrier and sharper version and I will be preparing for exactly that, with no stones left unturned.”

Harper (11-0-1, 6KOs) had hoped to unify her division in a bout against South Korea’s undefeated WBA champion Choi Hyun-mi in May but a hand injury scuppered the bout and has kept her sidelined for several months.

However, the Doncaster fighter will be back in action against America’s Alycia Baumgardner (10-1, 6KOs) next month.

“It has been a tough year out with the injury, but we have been constantly working in the gym and I feel so much more focused mentally,” she said.

“I couldn’t think of a better return than at Sheffield Arena back in front of the home crowd.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kid Galahad v Kiko Martinez - 13/11/21

Kid Galahad vows judges will not play a part in Kiko Martinez title defence

Kid Galahad has vowed to leave nothing to chance when he makes the first defence of his IBF featherweight title against veteran Kiko Martinez in Sheffield on Saturday.

The 31-year-old found himself on the wrong end of a contentious split decision in his first bid for the same title against his Yorkshire rival Josh Warrington in June 2019.

And with his notoriously awkward style not always finding favour with officials, Galahad says he has consciously changed his approach as he prepares to face the 35-year-old Spaniard.

Galahad said: “The Warrington fight made me realise I cannot leave anything down to the judges anymore, I have to take it out of their hands.

“It just made me realise I have to always make sure my opponent doesn’t hear the final bell.

“The name of the game is to hit and not get hit, you shouldn’t take risks when you don’t need to but I am at a point where I am making sure I beat guys in a clear fashion.

“I am no longer giving the judges the chance to give a close round to my opponents.”

Galahad’s luck has changed since his loss to Warrington and he finally earned the world title left vacant by his rival when he clearly beat Jazza Dickens in August.

In contrast Warrington is now belt-less after a shock loss and a technical draw against Mauricio Lara, but Galahad is in no mood to be smug about their reversal in fortunes.

“It would be like knocking a guy down in a fight and hitting him while he’s on the floor,” said Galahad. “There is no need, it is unnecessary.

“Josh got the decision against me, I believe I won the fight and he knows I should have won the fight and that is all that matters.

“Hopefully, somewhere down the line, we get that fight on again but both my eyes are on Kiko for now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

KID GALAHAD stripped down and missed weight by one OUNCE - before swiftly returning to scale inside the featherweight limit.

Galahad returns home to Sheffield for the first defence of his IBF belt, won against Jazza Dickens in August.

But the homecoming title parade almost hit the rocks after he stepped on the scales just above the featherweight limit at 126.1lb.

And despite stripping off with only a towel protecting his modesty, the Brit was still an ounce short.

But it did not take long for Galahad to return to the scales where he successfully made 125.5lb, inside the 126lb cut off.

Galahad, 31, has been beaten just once in his 29-fight career, against Josh Warrington, 30, in a disputed 2019 points loss.

But he captured the title vacated by Warrington in 11 rounds against Dickens, 30, in their rematch two months ago.

Spanish veteran Martinez, 35, has fought the likes of Carl Frampton, 34, Scott Quigg, 33, and Warrington in Britain.

He was also unlucky to be on the end of a points loss to Zelfa Barrett, 28, in February.

But Galahad promised no such controversy when he takes on the experienced Martinez.

He said: "Forget those unification fights for now, it's all about Kiko Martinez on Saturday night, going in there and doing a job on him.

"I'm not looking to just go in there and win.

"He's had some bad decisions in the past against Barrett and Warrington, so I know he's going to come and not try leave it to the judges' hands - that's what I'm going to do.

"I'm going to go in there and seriously hurt him."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16719...t-title-fight/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone watching this one ?
    @Master?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it on yet?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is it on yet?
    No Harper v Baumgardener now.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pitters v Cartwright is on channel 5 now.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harper stopped. Standing but completely stunned and out of it. Big overhand right from Alycia Baumgardener.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Harper stopped. Standing but completely stunned and out of it. Big overhand right from Alycia Baumgardener.
    Saw that during the interval very brutal punch.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it on yet?
    What Channel is Kiko v Galahad on?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by primo carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    is it on yet?
    what channel is kiko v galahad on?

dazn
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Is it on yet?
    What Channel is Kiko v Galahad on?
    It is on Dazn my channel says sky sports 8 which could be an Aussie channel.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pitters v Cartwright is in round 7 and is a good matchup.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pitters v Cartwright is in round 7 and is a good matchup.
    Good timing Pitters wins with a stoppage.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad much more accurate in the first round.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information