Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: There Is A Good Chance Of There Being No More Olympic Boxing After Paris 2024.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default There Is A Good Chance Of There Being No More Olympic Boxing After Paris 2024.

You can’t have the Summer games without

1. Wrestling
    2. Athletics
    3. Swimming
    4. Lifting
    5. Gymnastics
    6. Boxing

1-5 were the sports that were in the inaugural games in Greece 1896 and been there ever since. Boxing was introduced in 1904 olympics in the USA and been there ever since.

Leave the core sports alone.

Add all the second tier, niche, and fake sports that you want, just

Leave the core sports alone.

What are they going to replace them with? "E-Sports” or some garbage like that ? An Olympic gold medal for the baddest "Fortnite" or "Call Of Duty" player ?

Are the IOC (International Olympic Committee) trying to make the Olympics more white by kicking boxing out ? Cubans are still the strongest nation and then you have blk athletic dominance in Track and Field ........"so hold on now"

"I mean we don't wanna give these negroes too much spotlight, ya know, we've already had that Jamician Bolt fella as the face of the olympics for the past 10 years, we need some white ppl up in this bitch"

I don't think it's a coincedence that the sports the IOC have green lighted over the past decade are from a white background and culture like Surfing, Skate-Boarding, BMX riding and Sport Climbing and even breakdancing (though started by blk ppl, ain't really breakin it's pretty much gymnastics now at the elite level) is dominated by white and non blk ppl.

Meanwhile a great sport like squash despite their many attempts at an becoming an Olympic sport has consistently being told " Erm No" is that because it's a sport dominated by African muslims ? If squash was dominated by Scandinavians I don't we'd be having this discussion.

And from what I've been reading not just is boxing in danger of being kicked out of the Olympics but also weightlifting

OK. Not exactly the height of femininity

But if they are going to get rid of sports for doping all there would be left would be shooting and fking horse dancing.

Look - The AIBA/IBA who run the sport have been getting away with decades of corruption un-checked.

The biggest olympic boxing robberies were Holyfield in 84, Roy Jones in 88, Floyd in 96 (well having watched this again Floyd won but I wouldn't say it was a Robbery), Joshua in 2012 and Conlan against Nikitin in 2016

So the judges keep screwing up but instead of fixing it they're just going to punish the sport and fans?

And why are they doing this now?

Yes the IOC has finally had enough of boxing corruption and told the IBA to get their shit together but the 2020 games were the best so far in terms of officiation. Why ? Because AIBA were banned from organising the boxing at the last Olympics and that's what they should do again if the AIBA can't be trusted.

Not drop the entire sport.

To me it's a bit of a fake discussion by the IOC. They just want to change the Olympics to the maximum money bringer. That means hopping on trends, not giving a shit about tradition and cancelling any sport that can be replaced by something bringing in more money. It's really that simple. As boxing is at the core of Olympic idea they need some drama to cut it.

Funding for amateur boxing will be slashed if not scrapped completely in a lot of countries if there's no chance of an Olympic medal. This could see many amateurs turning pro as soon as they are of age. This is a huge blow for the sport which will have a knock on effect to the pro game eventually.

It'd be an absolute travesty if there is no boxing in 2028. But I still think boxing will stay in the Olympics b/c the host cities after Paris (Los Angeles & Brisbane) will want it included.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 06-15-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information