Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Happy Canada Day

I know everyone says that their country is the best, but if you just happen to be Canadian you aren't talking shit, you're telling the truth!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Happy Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I know everyone says that their country is the best, but if you just happen to be Canadian you aren't talking shit, you're telling the truth!
    Canada definitely has a couple of very interesting perks, wouldn't say it's the greatest land on earth though as I don't believe there is one but it is definitely a good place to live in. Bilbo would disagree though but as he's not here to rant anymore ...
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

147 years young. But in the future when Tuesday is our National holiday the Government of the day needs to ensure that the day off is the Mon. There is no such thing as to many long weekends. The bonus is that I actually went to work Monday instead of making a four dayer and got a weeks worth of work done w/o any disturbance.

I hope we make it past 200. You cant have this much oil and fresh water and not expect to have any problems.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Canada and if I could live there it would be Vancouver or Toronto.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lest we forget...

^ Hah hah hah, we just won't go away, will we, always there to remind you...

1. 1867 Confederation. 147 years old.

2. What about the 1764 Treaty of Niagara? 250 years old.
    "On this day the English and twenty-four indigenous Nations concluded negotiations at Niagara to extend The Silver Covenant Chain with the 24-Nations Belt, or simply, the Treaty of Niagara. The treaty permitted the sharing of the land across the eastern continent and mutual recognition of autonomy among distinct people rooted in peace, friendship and respect. Without it there would be no Canada, neither in ideational nor material terms." - Hayden King.

3. What about Trudeau's Canada Act in 1982 ? 32 years old.
    Is that when Canada really became independent and sovereign of Britain Parliament?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and Canada remains a British colony to me, where the Canadian Prime Minister, Senators, and Premiers must all swear allegiance to the British Crown, and the British Queen is on Canada's money, and the Crown and colony of Canada are in violation of Nation-to-Nation agreements that the Crown signed with various First Nations, and that this Colony has tried to legislate the indigenous peoples out of existence with garbage like Canada's oppressive Indian Act and the accursed Residential school system. And it continues politically today with an indefensible discrepancy in native child apprehension by the state, and non-democratic legislation like Harper's omnibus bills, Bill C-38 and Bill C-45, that serve oil corporations instead of the citizens of Canada.

But hey, it's all about balance too though, y'know...
    Sure, we continue to stand up for our Constitutional rights and to be free from Canada's abominable Indian Act, we have to, but yet when I look at other Nations around the world, there's still no other place I'd rather be than right here in the land known as Canada, MikanakOMinisi, Turtle Island, and I love this land.

Ni sagiton nidakim.
    Ni sagitoman ni dakimonan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Canada and if I could live there it would be Vancouver or Toronto
    Heh heh, I don't even think of those places as being Canada!
    I lived in Toronto for a bit, my brother's been living there 25 years.

I think of them as like their own little fiefdoms, kind of like what Samoa was in the 1800s when lawless sailors and passengers of all Nations would stop by.

They're not representative of this land, particularly Toronto which is more like a big Yankee city regarding the violent crime rates.

Oh yeah, just last Wednesday, Vancouver formally announced that their city sits on unceded, unsurrendered First Nations land, 3 First Nations in fact.
    Imagine being a Canadian citizen where you bought a little property, built a house, paid all the taxes, and then Vancouver announces that they sold you land that they didn't own?!

It means about 891 thousand Canadian homes are illegally occupying First Nations land in Vancouver.

More important and historical was the Tsilhqot'in First Nation's land claim win in the Supreme Court of Canada on Thursday.

A new free app was released on Monday covering 5 indigenous languages in Saskatchewan.

Last week was one-hell-of-an-exciting week regarding these kinds of issues!

City of Vancouver formally declares city is on unceded Aboriginal territory - BC | Globalnews.ca

This land is your land: Vancouver city council to local First Nations | Vancouve

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...220234880.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy Canada Day!!

Thread Information