Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Great day in sports today!!

First I watched Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to take the European Champions Cup. Nothing against Juventus, but Barcelona has an awesome team. To watch Messi, Neymar, and Suarez together is to watch something special. Not too fond of Suarez the Vampire.... but maybe he's matured since he didn't bite anybody today. He sure got banged around a lot, though.

Then....... I watched American Pharoah win the Belmont Stakes and thus become the first horse to win the Triple Crown in 37 frigging years!!! Felt wonderful to witness history in the making. I was actually jumping up and down in the living egging him on in the back stretch. Wonderful stuff.

Finally..... to top it all off..... I turned on SportsCenter (as I wait for the Cotto-Geale telecast to begin).... and found out that Tiger Woods had shot an 85 in the 3rd round of the Memorial and ended up in LAST PLACE. Yeah!!!! Crash and burn, baby!!!!! Saw highlights of him hitting all those triple and quadruple bogies with a smile on my face.

Now I'll wait patiently and hope my good fortune continues with Cotto beating Geale.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Great day in sports today!!

In my first 13 years I saw 3 Triple Crown winners and it was good to see a fourth. Though I was doing what I always do and hoping the grey horse would win.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    In my first 13 years I saw 3 Triple Crown winners and it was good to see a fourth. Though I was doing what I always do and hoping the grey horse would win.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AND...................... Cotto just blew out Geale in 4 rounds in spectacular fashion.

My great day in sports is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    First I watched Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to take the European Champions Cup. Nothing against Juventus, but Barcelona has an awesome team. To watch Messi, Neymar, and Suarez together is to watch something special. Not too fond of Suarez the Vampire.... but maybe he's matured since he didn't bite anybody today. He sure got banged around a lot, though.

Then....... I watched American Pharoah win the Belmont Stakes and thus become the first horse to win the Triple Crown in 37 frigging years!!! Felt wonderful to witness history in the making. I was actually jumping up and down in the living egging him on in the back stretch. Wonderful stuff.

Finally..... to top it all off..... I turned on SportsCenter (as I wait for the Cotto-Geale telecast to begin).... and found out that Tiger Woods had shot an 85 in the 3rd round of the Memorial and ended up in LAST PLACE. Yeah!!!! Crash and burn, baby!!!!! Saw highlights of him hitting all those triple and quadruple bogies with a smile on my face.

Now I'll wait patiently and hope my good fortune continues with Cotto beating Geale.

I don't give a fuck about Tiger Woods. I don't care if he ever wins another tournament or not. But to want him to crash and burn and want him to finish last is just some hating ass shit. I'm sure the reason is fucking lame. But i'm gonna humor myself anyway and ask. Why the hate? He skip out on his 2 week obligation or something?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I don't give a fuck about Tiger Woods. I don't care if he ever wins another tournament or not. But to want him to crash and burn and want him to finish last is just some hating ass shit. I'm sure the reason is fucking lame. But i'm gonna humor myself anyway and ask. Why the hate? He skip out on his 2 week obligation or something?

The guy's a fucking, arrogant hypocrite. After his marital scandal, which I couldn't care less about.... 'cause we're all human and imperfect..... he came back to the Masters Tournament and first day was high-fiving fans and kissing babies (something he NEVER did or does). Next thing you know he loses by 4 strokes to Phil Mickerson and he's snapping at reporters and didn't have the decency to even congratulate Phil on his win. Turned me from a fan to a hater.

Second reason.... He fancies himself to be the greatest golfer ever and that title belongs to Jack Nicklaus, who won more majors than him, has infinite more class than him, and played against way tougher competition than him.

Reasons may be lame to you..... but perfectly logical to knowledgeable sports fans like myself.
    Thanks for asking.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm... no answer. Must've liked my reasons.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy's a fucking, arrogant hypocrite. After his marital scandal, which I couldn't care less about.... 'cause we're all human and imperfect..... he came back to the Masters Tournament and first day was high-fiving fans and kissing babies (something he NEVER did or does). Next thing you know he loses by 4 strokes to Phil Mickerson and he's snapping at reporters and didn't have the decency to even congratulate Phil on his win. Turned me from a fan to a hater.

Second reason.... He fancies himself to be the greatest golfer ever and that title belongs to Jack Nicklaus, who won more majors than him, has infinite more class than him, and played against way tougher competition than him.

Reasons may be lame to you..... but perfectly logical to knowledgeable sports fans like myself.
    Thanks for asking.
    Woods is clearly on the downside of his career. And like most great athletes in that situation he's having a hard time accepting it. Reporters are easy targets to take it out on. Some even deserve it. Can't hold that against him. Yeah he should of congratulated Phil. But Phil is a prick himself. So who gives a fuck?

Woods thinks he's the greatest ever. He ain't lying. Yes Jack Nicklaus has won more majors. But Woods pretty much beats him in everything else. Woods has more total PGA Tour wins, more money and scoring titles. And he's been player of the year more times. Jack does have a case. But the Bear loses to the Tiger

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito hates Tiger as much as I hate Mourinho who is an arrogant prick. I take more pleasure in him losing and failing than seeing my own team win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tito hates Tiger as much as I hate Mourinho who is an arrogant prick. I take more pleasure in him losing and failing than seeing my own team win.

Hahaha.....

Yeah. The thing is though..... I used to be a huge Tiger fan, and only did a complete 180 after the incident I mentioned at that Masters tournament. It was like flicking a light switch, and me suddenly seeing Tiger for the arrogant hypocritical prick he is. Ever since then, I've rooted against him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for asking.
    Woods is clearly on the downside of his career. And like most great athletes in that situation he's having a hard time accepting it. (I can understand that. It's the same in every sport. Not an easy thing to come to grips with). Reporters are easy targets to take it out on. Some even deserve it. Can't hold that against him. (Well... the reporter was being extremely kind (and friendly) here. Matter of fact he seemed to be tip toeing around Tiger knowing he might be in a foul mood. Shouldn't have to fear star athletes). Yeah he should of congratulated Phil. But Phil is a prick himself. (Really? I've never heard anyone say that of him... but I can't say for sure so you might be right). So who gives a fuck?

Woods thinks he's the greatest ever. He ain't lying. Yes Jack Nicklaus has won more majors. But Woods pretty much beats him in everything else. Woods has more total PGA Tour wins, more money and scoring titles. And he's been player of the year more times. Jack does have a case. But the Bear loses to the Tiger (Let me give you a stat you may not know about Jack and Tiger. Jack finished 2nd in a whopping 19 major tournaments. To put that in perspective, the second guy on that list is Greg Norman with 8, while Tiger has 6. You might say 2nd doesn't matter. But when you're playing the entire field on every tournament, 2nd place is quite impressive.)

You might very well be right about the Bear losing to Tiger, especially if we're talking peak vs. peak. Tiger dominated in a way no other golfer has. But the Bear was incredibly consistent..... and against better competition. He also was great for a much longer period of time than Woods. Either way, one thing I'll give Tiger credit for is bringing new, younger fans to the sport.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha.....

Yeah. The thing is though..... I used to be a huge Tiger fan, and only did a complete 180 after the incident I mentioned at that Masters tournament. It was like flicking a light switch, and me suddenly seeing Tiger for the arrogant hypocritical prick he is. Ever since then, I've rooted against him.
    Well at least you can probably understand how a lot of former Cotto fans feel now
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone's not getting punched in the mouth then count me out!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Hahaha.....

Well at least you can probably understand how a lot of former Cotto fans feel now

I don't see the parallel, @Greenbeanz .... but then again I'm not blessed with your acute sense of perspective.

To my limited brain, Cotto is a battle-scarred boxing veteran with a Who's Who list of boxing opponents on his record. His sin is that of trying to cash in on his many years of hard work and dedication, as have many other fighters in his position.

Tiger Woods has always been a surly, unapproachable golfer... who does not give his predecessors the respect they deserve. He magically went from snapping at reporters to high-fiving fans and kissing babies..... then magically went back again.

But please..... enlighten me with your superior knowledge of such things..... as I've yet to see the light.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting back to my Tiger hate, it's almost getting to the point where I feel sorry for him now (almost).
    In danger of missing the cut at the US Open? What a shame.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-d...002444155.html

The Golden Bear never went through these horrible stretches.
    Hence, Jack is "..... and still !!"....... the TBE.

Thread Information