Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tax Cheating Corportaions

@X why are you not outraged by Facebook and their like?

Facebook paid just GBP 5.1 million corporation tax on its UK operations in the year to 31 December, despite revenues almost quadrupling from £210.8 million to £842.4 million, reports The Guardian. The increase in revenue was attributed to the launch of advertising reseller services.

According to accounts filed with Companies House, pre-tax profits at Facebook UK jumped from £52.5 million to £58.4 million, with the UK corporation tax bill rising slightly from £4.2 million a year earlier to £5.1 million.

However, Facebook only paid £2.58 million after applying deductible expenses.

That money that they are stealing from us the public could be better spent on people at food banks, schools, hospitals, housing and transport.

Tories created this unfair society and now May wants to combat the injustice. She is a hypocrite.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tax Cheating Corportaions

Oh, I despise Facebook. Tax cheats. Manipulative advertisers. Too socially powerful. Subliminal advertising. Interference in countries politics. Decide what order things come up in your feed. Responsible for aiding the rise of fake news. Hate them.

Just because i write in blue, doesn't mean I particularly support the Tories, because I don't. However I don't think politics is as binary as some people think. We have had lots of Labour governments- and even half a Liberal one - who have contributed to the way things are.

Society has always been unequal and unfair, going right back to our prehistoric hominid days. It's fatuous to suggest that one political party alone are responsible for it completely.

I also agree that May is a hypocrite. She is a professional politician, so they all have to park elements of their conscience at the door, ergontheybare all hypocritical in some way. She also has the warmth and empathy of a Dalek.

So there
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, you might have thought I supported the Tories because of my visceral hatred for Jeremy Corbyn trouser press. I can sort of get that, as I can't stand Him and often say so.

In my defence, though, that doesn't necessarily mean I support his opposition.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Writing in Blue is the sign of a somebody who can afford a Parker Pen, buying cheap biros from Poundland
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information