Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2022

Cheers for that - good stat. Again will be interesting to see how the further 16 places are allocated.

By the way I was on my phone and accidentally hit dislike rather than like. No idea how to reverse it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey no sweat

Well if they use the current rankings (top 32) as a basis... it would mean the extra 16 places would be allocated as such:

Europe - 8
    S America - 3
    Africa - 2
    CONCACAF - 1.5
    Asia - 1.5

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great group for us and under Southgate things look very promising. Bit weird to be do uncharacteristically optimistic as an England fan, but fuck it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    European qualification is the easiest by far and they have the weakest teams.......but they also a lot of the best teams. But unlike in other continents. In Europe the best teams will be in groups with a lot weaker teams. Europe still gets 13 out of the 32 places. That's like what ? 45% ? And even though Italy didn't qualify through the group stage. they still had a second chance but couldn't get past the mighty Macedonia

Watch what Portigal do to Macedonia on Tues just to show Italy that they were knocked out to a very very very average team

To be honest I think the real tragedy is the fact one of currently the two strongest teams in Africa (Senegal and Egypt) are not gonna be there.

Meaning either Salah or Mane won't be at Qatar and given their ages this might be there last chance to be at another world cup (And though Salah played 2 out of the 3 games Egypt played in 2018. He wasn't at his best as Sergio Ramos bust up his shoulder in Champions league final and 4 or 5 weeks isnt really enough time for a dislocated shoulder to properly heal. But bcoz he's Egypt's main man they kinda rushed him in there.)

And Senegal and Egypt won their groups but then they had to go to another phase and play a two legged straight knockout match to go through

And when you consider all the best African players. Play for European teams.

I mean world champs France is really an African team. The only proper French men they have in the team are Hugo LLoris, Oliver Giroud and Benajamin Pavard. Mbappe's father is Cameroom and his mom is Algerian. Most of the other blk French players are from Guinea or Congo. The likes Pogba, Kante, Coman etc. Even white players like Grizeman is German and Benezema is Algerian.

Belgium and Lukaku is Congo. Germany's Leroy Sane is from Senegal. In England Saka is Nigeria. Delle Alli's dad is Nigerian. Probably loads more I left out. What a team Africa would have if they just said "Let's forget our tribal sh*t and borders. Let's be one country, one language, one currency and lets recruit all these Africam players who are kicking ass for European teams and bring em home"

They'd win every world cup from now till the end of time
    I am happy you are annoyed by africans being wronged, well in your eyes anyway.
    That has made my day.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I get what you're saying Tito but isn't the idea that you should get your best 32 teams there at the finals?

Europe has the best football teams by far and many miss out. Let's face it the euros are basically the world Cup without Brazil and Argentina when it comes to the business end of the tournaments.

No idea what the split is intended to be when it goes to 48 countries.

When you look at the FIFA world rankings, it supports your point. If you look at # of countries in the top 32 FIFA rankings versus how many qualifiers they get, it looks something like this:

FIFA Confederation - # of qualifiers - # of countries in top 32

UEFA - 13 - 16

CONMEBOL - 4.5 - 6

CONCACAF - 3.5 - 3

CAF - 5 - 4

AFC - 4.5 - 3

So actually, Europe and S America are technically underrepresented in the World Cup, while the others are slightly overrepresented.
    You have an opinion on everything you don't ya ?

How's the giants of football (Soccer) Puerto Rico doing these days ?

I'll wait

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get what you're saying Tito but isn't the idea that you should get your best 32 teams there at the finals?

Europe has the best football teams by far and many miss out. Let's face it the euros are basically the world Cup without Brazil and Argentina when it comes to the business end of the tournaments.

When you look at the FIFA world rankings, it supports your point. If you look at # of countries in the top 32 FIFA rankings versus how many qualifiers they get, it looks something like this:

UEFA - 13 - 16

CONMEBOL - 4.5 - 6

CONCACAF - 3.5 - 3

CAF - 5 - 4

AFC - 4.5 - 3

So actually, Europe and S America are technically underrepresented in the World Cup, while the others are slightly overrepresented.
    You have an opinion on everything you don't ya ? Yes I do. Would you like to hear my opinion on other topics?

How's the giants of football (Soccer) Puerto Rico doing these days ? We don't DO soccer. We do boxing, baseball, and basketball.

I'll wait

Sorry I couldn't back up your racist views with facts... but then it's tough to defend viewpoints that always center around racism... real or perceived.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UEFA - 13 - 16

CONMEBOL - 4.5 - 6

CONCACAF - 3.5 - 3

CAF - 5 - 4

AFC - 4.5 - 3

You have an opinion on everything you don't ya ? Yes I do. Would you like to hear my opinion on other topics?

How's the giants of football (Soccer) Puerto Rico doing these days ? We don't DO soccer. We do boxing, baseball, and basketball.

I'll wait

Sorry I couldn't back up your racist views with facts... but then it's tough to defend viewpoints that always center around racism... real or perceived.
    Well everything on this planet is rooted in racism.

Now let's be clear one thing

You brought up race. Not me. I was talking about world cup allocation.

You brought it up.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UEFA - 13 - 16

CONMEBOL - 4.5 - 6

CONCACAF - 3.5 - 3

CAF - 5 - 4

AFC - 4.5 - 3

I'll wait

You brought it up.

You have said in previous threads - no white man can be african.
    So you brought up race as per usual.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    And that was in a previous thread. I never brought race up in this thread and the white man is not indigenous to Africa. No white man or woman is African and I said it in relation to a debate about South Africa.

Don't listen to me because I'm big bad race card playing dude. Right ?

Listen to what white people say (Coz ppl tend to believe what white people say. Because ppl assume that whites are more neutral and objective. It's the Jordan Peterson thing)

Go to 1.30 and listen to what Eugene Terrablance (He's dead now but he was one the biggest white supremacist in S.Africa)

For the first ten years of being Saddo I never talked race. I knew it wouldn't go down well. I knew it get me banned.

But hang on - You know sumtimes u gotta do the Anthony Joshua thing and make non blk ppl feel comfortable but as Will Smith shown last week when you have spent your life making whites and non blks comfortable and being non threatening blk guy, that can wear on you and you can snap at the slightest thing.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-09-2022 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UEFA - 13 - 16

CONMEBOL - 4.5 - 6

CONCACAF - 3.5 - 3

CAF - 5 - 4

AFC - 4.5 - 3

I'll wait

You brought it up.

And I was explaining what I believe is the basis for World Cup allocation after initially supporting your viewpoint that African nations are somehow slighted. A perception that is proven wrong by the statistics I shared with you.

But you seemed to take exception to that, and posted as such.

To which I calmly and clearly clarified that Puerto Rico doesn't do soccer. An irrelevant fact that shouldn't even have been a topic of conversation, except you thought it might get a rise out of me.

But then we all know that your initial post on this thread pretty much insinuated that African nations were somehow being "left out" of equal representation in the World Cup, didn't it.

Why else would you bring that up? Unless it fits together with your constant droning about how "everything on this planet being rooted in racism."

You may not have uttered the word "racism", but your twisted world views practically OOZED out of your post.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    And that was in a previous thread. I never brought race up in this thread and the white man is not indigenous to Africa. No white man or woman is African and I said it in relation to a debate about South Africa.

Don't listen to me because I'm big bad race card playing dude. Right ?

Listen to what white people say (Coz ppl tend to believe what white people say. Because ppl assume that whites are more neutral and objective. It's the Jordan Peterson thing)

Go to 1.30 and listen to what Eugene Terrablance (He's dead now but he was one the biggest white supremacist in S.Africa)

For the first ten years of being Saddo I never talked race. I knew it wouldn't go down well. I knew it get me banned.

But hang on - You know sumtimes u gotta do the Anthony Joshua thing and make non blk ppl feel comfortable but as Will Smith shown last week when you have spent your life making whites and non blks comfortable and being non threatening blk guy, that can wear on you and you can snap at the slightest thing.
    Fuck off will ya! You are not seriously going to turn the Will Smith incident into a Race issue?
    Black guy makes a joke about a black woman’s lack of hair, and the husband of the insulted black woman, laughs at first, then see his missus ain’t best pleased.
    Now she’s got previous for de-masculating her husband by telling him face to face in front of millions of people that she fucked another black bloke.
    So when he sees she’s pissed off, he knows he’s gotta react or face being told he’s a pussy bitch by his wife.
    So he goes on stage, (not stopped by security btw) and SLAPS the other Black guy. Black wife laughs approvingly and claps and the black guy goes back to his seat.
    But I believe the WORST part of it all was Smith going back to his seat and swearing aggressively knowing the cameras are on him. Fucking disgraceful.
    Anyway , in all of what I’ve written above, find something racial ??
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure I agree that no white person can be African ..... we have family friends in Tanzania who are white. Their families have been there for hundreds of years, they were born and brought up there and they think of themselves as sort of one of the many tribes that live there.

That's a bit like someone saying my old neighbour can never be British because he is black. His family have been here for hundreds of years, he was born and brought up here and he thinks of himself as English (the poor deluded fool even supports the England rugby team).

The idea of all of Africa joining up to make one football team is like saying Europe should join up to make one football team, and there is too much history, sovereignty, cultural differences and even genetic differences to think they could be a genuine representative team? ..... except Africa is even bigger, has more genetic diversity, bigger cultural and language differences, vastly differing histories and contains countries whose sovereignty is a matter of considerable national pride, earned through much blood.

I would thing, and I accept that I might be wrong, that there is a greater degree of difference between (say) a Tunisian and someone from Lesotho that between a Dane and a Belgian?

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

..... and incidentally, I think Eugene Terreblanche was a revolting excuse for a human being and I am delighted he is dead.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I was explaining what I believe is the basis for World Cup allocation after initially supporting your viewpoint that African nations are somehow slighted. A perception that is proven wrong by the statistics I shared with you.

To which I calmly and clearly clarified that Puerto Rico doesn't do soccer. An irrelevant fact that shouldn't even have been a topic of conversation, except you thought it might get a rise out of me.

But then we all know that your initial post on this thread pretty much insinuated that African nations were somehow being "left out" of equal representation in the World Cup, didn't it.

Why else would you bring that up? Unless it fits together with your constant droning about how "everything on this planet being rooted in racism."

You may not have uttered the word "racism", but your twisted world views practically OOZED out of your post.
    Have you finished ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you finished ?

Unless you'd like to be enlightened on other topics.

Thread Information