Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sunny Edwards v Jesse Rodriguez December Sixteenth

good fight. this s the first flyweight unification since brian viloria v hernan marquez in twenty twelve
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sunny edwards v jesse rodriguez december sixteenth

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ron sawnson we finally got the fight we both wanted.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sunny Edwards is a legend.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad night for Sunny after the mid point. The clouds are rolling in via Bam. This fight is not getting its buzz worth.

Can we just say that the best thing Dazn has done are the fly and Spr fly plus divisions? It's been very solid exposure.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good piece. What comes off is both are emphasizing being comfortable in camp. Easy to forget Sunny was bantam early on. This is going to be Bams fight to catch up and flip the switch on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is such a good fight
    I'm not confident at all with picking a winner
    Gun to head, I'm going with Rodriguez
    After the 1st round we should have a better idea of how things will play out

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sunny Edwards v Jesse Rodriguez December Sixteenth

Sunny Edwards against Jesse Rodriguez is the Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk fight of the flyweights.

Flyweights know they don't get the same exposure as the heavier divisions. The smaller weights, anywhere from featherweight down, really have to work for their money and their fans. That's how boxing is.

It might not have the glamour of a Fury-Usyk, but Edwards-Rodriguez is the flyweight equivalent.

Edwards and Rodriguez are clearly number one and number two, just like Fury and Usyk.

Whoever wins becomes the premier guy in the 8st division. For a single fight, the magnitude is huge.

What makes this such a compelling fight is we've got two guys at their peak. Stylistically it's a fight where both guys are so talented, but what they do so well might not work for the first time in their careers.

Edwards is the David Blaine of boxing. You know the American illusionist guy? Whatever you see with Edwards is not what you get.

You think he's the guy who runs, he doesn't. He gives you a target to hit, he volunteers his whole body, his chin sometimes.

As soon as you commit to attack, he disappears. When you look up, he's behind you tapping you on your head. Or he hasn't really gone anywhere, a constant illusion.

That's the best way to describe him. If you're a fan of footwork, which I clearly am because it's all I talk about, you're a fan of Edwards.

Edwards always has great balance, always in the right place at the right time.

'Bam' Rodriguez is one of the best, if not the best fighter under the age of 25 on the planet. Easy. Young fighters rush their work, even at world level - not Rodriguez.

His footwork is poetry in motion. He's so assertive with his work and knows how to slow down to get purchase on his shots.

That's rarely seen in any fighter. He's as good as it gets.

He is arguably the best to watch in his division because he has all the beautiful skills, but he's also exciting.

Every attack is designed to get you out of there.

He went in on late notice to beat Carlos Cuadras for the WBC super-flyweight title then he beat Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. These are future Hall of Famers.

They might be at the end of their careers, but Rodriguez didn't have any real trouble with either of them. Massive pressure fights for the young man and he went in there like they were sparring sessions.

He's blown me away.

These two might arguably be my two favourite fighters fighting each other. I'm over the moon with excitement but also I don't want to see anyone lose.

As cool, calm and collected as Edwards is, he is a confidence fighter. Without his confidence he can't do what he does in the ring.

If Rodriguez can dent that confidence early, there might be an unravelling process with Edwards. I don't see it that way, but it's possible.

Like I said, what they both do so well might not work against each other so it's about how they adapt. This is a fight that has danger at every corner.

Having a dance partner seems to be more important now than ever before.

It's a real selling point but Edwards has never had that, never had anybody near his level.

And that's the truth, he has never had to worry about anyone.

Ironically, Edwards might be Britain's best champion but this fight might be his breakout fight.

It's a fight where Edwards might not make a mistake and still lose. He's never been in a fight like that before. Rodriguez is a guy who can match him, whatever he does.

Beating Rodriguez in America is a big ask, but Edwards is good enough to do it. It's a 50/50 fight.

Rodriguez gets the advantage of it being in Arizona. A win for Edwards puts him on a different level as unified champion. He becomes the chased rather than the chaser.

He could further unify the division against Julio Cesar Martinez and could go up to super-flyweight to face Juan Francisco Estrada. In maybe three fights he could be a Hall of Famer.

It's hard to choose between them, but I may be leaning towards Rodriguez. You tend to think that Edwards will be better at adapting because of his movement, but I just think Rodriguez won't be deterred by anything he does.

Edwards usually squares up on the ropes to give him an option to go either way. It's worked brilliantly so far, but I think that is what might get him in trouble.

I'm not quite sure, I wouldn't put my house on it, but I think that's where this fight might be won for Rodriguez. Tactics will be so important for Edwards.

It will go the distance. There could be a knockdown or two. I don't think it'll be a war for the ages, but I think it will be a brilliant fight. I can't wait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67697243

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything after this Yafai fight or straight to main? Stream lagging big time.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any updates Tic? Has he shut Sunny up yet

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

round one just started

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first was close. gave it to bam

Thread Information