0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cat Wars: The Devastating Consequences of a Cuddly Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Cats Responsible For Driving Many Species To Extinction

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-an...to-extinction/

Invasive predators major cause of species extinctions

Introduced rodents, such as black rats and house mice, have the most widespread impacts of invasive predators worldwide, linked to the extinction of 75 species, including 52 birds, 21 mammals, and two reptiles.

Feral cats aren’t far behind, coming a close second, contributing to 63 extinctions.

On some islands, rats do slightly more damage than cats. On large continents like North America however, where native predators like hawks, foxes and Great Horned Owls prevent invasive species of rats from spreading into wilderness areas, cats do far more damage to native songbird populations, especially because unlike rats they are sustained and protected by their human owners.

I saw a Cooper's Hawk take a Norway rat in a large local park not too long ago. Rats are just the right size to make for a good meal for a Great Horned Owl, a Cooper's or Red-tailed Hawk or a Coyote, and probably easier to catch than native rodents which have adapted to these native predators during many thousands of years of evolution.
    This is redicoulos. @Freedom is calling for feline genocide. 99% of everything that has lived has gone extinct while humans kill endangered species for trinkets. @Master I call for the immediate ban of freedom for his hostility and threatening to kill every cat on the planet. He has gone too far this time.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Despite the large numbers of birds killed by cats in gardens, there is no clear scientific evidence that such mortality is causing bird populations to decline. This may be surprising, but many millions of birds die naturally every year, mainly through starvation, disease or other forms of predation. There is evidence that cats tend to take weak or sickly birds.

We also know that of the millions of baby birds hatched each year, most will die before they reach breeding age. This is also quite natural, and each pair needs only to rear two young that survive to breeding age to replace themselves and maintain the population.

It is likely that most of the birds killed by cats would have died anyway from other causes before the next breeding season, so cats are unlikely to have a major impact on populations. If their predation was additional to these other causes of mortality, this might have a serious impact on bird populations.

Those bird species which have undergone the most serious population declines in the UK (such as skylarks, tree sparrows and corn buntings) rarely encounter cats, so cats cannot be causing their declines. Research shows that these declines are usually caused by habitat change or loss, particularly on farmland.

image:
    Cat, hunting. Marshside RSPB reserve, Southport, Lancashire, England.

Read more at https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wi...3lW05mEZdbs.99

As u can see freedomito this is fake news created by ((them)) the truth is above

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems that white people are crazy for cats. And a very high percentage of those white people are also cigarette smokers. You just can't make this stuff up there's a different correlation there and it is nauseating

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait I forgot to mention. Somebody's going to accuse me of being a bully now. But I am just stating the truth. Millions and millions of single white women sleep with their cats under the covers and live lonely lives with no companions except for their cats. Millions of millions of men are doing the same thing as well.

****FUCKING MENTALLY ILL BONKERS***

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My cat has never killed a bird or a mouse or anything of the sort. She is asleep right now dreaming of such things but that is very different. A cat is as good as its owner and I am meticulous in that regard.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with people who allow their pet cats to roam the streets and refuse to control breeding. That's where humans become irresponsible owners for me.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I disagree with people who allow their pet cats to roam the streets and refuse to control breeding. That's where humans become irresponsible owners for me.
    I fix my cat but do let her walk around outside. I have a big yard and she just roomps around, lays in the sun and kills a few mice, snakes and birds. My neighbors have two German Shepard’s which keeps her from roaming

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's good. For me it is the uncontrolled breeding that is the problem. Cats are similar to low IQ humans in that they can be very friendly, but just want to have millions of babies and will as Freedom points out use violence on a whim. They have no consideration of their future environmental impact. That is where us super eugenics types must rip out wombs and protect the planet. It's all for their own good of course.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The average mature cat can have 3 litters with a total of 12 kittens per year; 10.2 surviving kittens of which 4.7 are female
    The average litter size is 4 kittens with 15% loss before reaching weaning age (3.4 kittens per litter)
    Gender ratio per litter averages of males to females is roughly 46.5% female (of 3.4 kittens = 1.8 males and 1.6 females)
    35% spay ratio allowance for offspring (unscientific factor balancing owned and stray cats)
    20% annual mortality ratio
    Not factored into this equation:

An immature cat's first litter usually consists of 2 kittens versus 4.
    Unspayed female cats can begin reproducing at 6 months of age and can produce a litter during the same year of birth.
    30% feral mortality
    Year Female Cats Minus Died1
    (@ 20% mortality) Minus Spayed2
    (@ 35% spayed) Breeding Female Cats # Kittens Born # Surviving Post Weaning3 Surviving Female Kittens4
    Year 1 0 - 0 - 0 1 female cat will have 12 kittens 10 will survive and 5 will be females
    Year 2 6 - 1 - 2 3 female cats will have 31 kittens 26 will survive and 12 will be females
    Year 3 15 - 3 - 5 7 female cats will have 79 kittens 67 will survive and 31 will be females
    Year 4 38 - 8 - 13 17 female cats will have 203 kittens 172 will survive and 80 will be females
    Year 5 96 - 19 - 34 43 female cats will have 519 kittens 442 will survive and 205 will be females
    Year 6 247 - 49 - 86 111 female cats will have 1332 kittens 1132 will survive and 527 will be females
    Year 7 633 - 127 - 222 285 female cats will have 3417 kittens 2905 will survive and 1351 will be females
    Year 8 1623 - 325 - 568 730 female cats will have 8766 kittens 7451 will survive and 3465 will be females
    Year 9 4164 - 833 - 1457 1874 female cats will have 22484 kittens 19112 will survive and 8887 will be females
    Year 10 10680 - 2136 - 3738 4806 female cats will have 57672 kittens 49021 will survive and 22795 will be females
    1http://www.animalsandsociety.org/assets/library/199_s15327604jaws07041.pdf
    2http://catvet.homestead.com/devon_rex_project_report_1st_year.doc
    3http://la.rsmjournals.com/content/4/1/99.full.pdf
    4http://www.royalcanin.us/library/catlittersize.aspx

Freedom is evil calling for feline genocide but the numbers are staggering

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything that can fly and still gets killled doesn’t have my sympathy. Do birds even do anything anyways? Only hummingbirds pollinate as far as I know. I’m off to buy feral cats and start breeding them.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Anything that can fly and still gets killled doesn’t have my sympathy. Do birds even do anything anyways? Only hummingbirds pollinate as far as I know. I’m off to buy feral cats and start breeding them.
    My man

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miss our cat. Gave us 18 years of being a twat but loved her anyway. She was spayed and we had a cat flap. Keeping a cat indoors is so unnatural. It is basically imprisoning them and removing their independence which is their very nature.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    When I was a boy, I remember how the rotten son of a farmer who lived not far from us destroyed all the Barn Swallow nests on his father's barns. He used to shoot Tree Swallows and Willow Flycatchers too. The adult swallows returned to South America for the winter that year without producing any young.

The next year there were more flies and mosquitoes bothering people and lifestock.

After a few years without the birds that keep the flying insect populations under control, there were an enormous amount of flies in the area during the summer. We couldn't go outside without being bitten.

Barn swallow (Hirundo rustica) https://eu.news-leader.com/story/spo...tica/15792329/

9 cool facts about barn swallows: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...acts-1.3637139

Roadrunners were greatly appreciated by the Indigenous people of Mexico and the Southwestern US, because they kept the number of Rattlesnakes (which are toxic enough to kill a child) down to normal levels.

Coolest living creature on earth: The Roadrunner

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Miss our cat. Gave us 18 years of being a twat but loved her anyway. She was spayed and we had a cat flap. Keeping a cat indoors is so unnatural. It is basically imprisoning them and removing their independence which is their very nature.
    Beaner my kitty is 18 just got diagnosed with lymphoma. Vet gave me a script for pills which is supposed to slow down the cancer. She isn’t suffering. 18 years is a longtime to have a little buddy but I need to make sure I don’t keep her up too long for my own reasons

Thread Information