Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bellew v Eubank Jr .........on Twitter?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bellew v Eubank Jr .........on Twitter?

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v Eubank Jr .........on Twitter?

I made up a nonsense fight like Junior v haye/bellew and it could become a reality.

This is just getting ridiculous.

Watch this be the next big sky box office event.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Bellew accuses Chris Eubank Jnr of 'losing his bottle' over Gennady Golovkin as Twitter war escalates

Tony Bellew has accused Chris Eubank Jr of 'losing his bottle' when it comes to taking on middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin in an online spat that has escalated into a challenge for a fight at catchweight.

WBC cruiserweight belt holder Bellew, who beat an injured David Haye at heavyweight this month, kicked off the Twitter clash claiming Eubank Jr's IBO super-middleweight crown won from Renold Quinlan wasn't a real world title.

"He's conned everyone to be honest with that last fight - I have seen better belts sold in Matalan, if I am being totally honest," Bellew said in a video for SkyBet.

"Don't pretend to be a world champion, it is nothing worth pretending to be. I think he is a good fighter, I do think the boy can fight. Boxer? Not really, no. But as a fighter great on the inside, solid all round on there, mixing it up.

"I think he will lose when it comes to a talented boxer as he already has done when he came to Billy Joe Saunders. He was beaten by Billy Joe Saunders once and I believe he will be beaten once again."

In his rant, Bellew also managed a dig at Eubank Jr's friend Haye, who tore his Achilles and fought on for more than half of their fight at the O2 before his corner threw in the towell.

"I hope he enjoyed that stint in Miami with the playboy on the jet skis because it worked out it didn't work out at all, didn't it lads - so enjoy that one," he continued.

The video sparked a quick response from Eubank Jr on social media.

"[ Tony Bellew] don't get too brave mate it took u 6 rounds to beat a man with 1 leg. Davids injury made the fight even # CouldntBoxEggs," Eubank Jr fired back.

Bellew responded: "The same man who said he'd leave me asleep within 2 rounds and put me in hospital. As for your IBO? Next have got more prestigious belts."

"No one is laughing at me cos I'm a REAL world champion! UNLIKE you @ ChrisEubankJr, You keep calling GGG and losing your bottle at last min."

For context, Eubank called out Golovkin after his win over Tom Doran, in which he retained his British middleweight title with a fourth round TKO.

He then listed Golovkin, James DeGale and Billy Joe Saunders on his next-fight wish list after winning the IBO title from Australian Renold Quinlan with a 10th-round finish.

Eubank Jr's only defeat in his 25 fights as a professional was back in 2014 by split decision to Saunders, who now holds WBO middleweight belt coveted by WBA, WBC, IBF and IBO title holder Golovkin.

Golovkin and Saunders are in advanced discussions for a middleweight title unification fight.

Eubank and Bellew weren't finished though.

Bellew hit back as the spat took a downhill turn: @chrisEubankJr hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah lad the last time I was under 12st you was in your Dads sack! You may as well still be there! "Every1 knows without that injury you would've got banged. Rematch or come down to SuperMiddle & ill show u what boxing is about @ TonyBellew," tweeted Eubank Jr.

Eubank landed his own low blow: "Does your wife know you're sitting around thinking about my old mans sack? She must not be doing her job properly ey."

The Everton fan set Eubank Jr straight: "She's not my wife yet, get it right son.. Do us all a favour and fight someone ranked in the world top 10 and win eh! GL."

"Me & you at a catch weight then my pens ready," Eubank Jr responded.

Eubank Jr and Bellew aren't far off each other in weight class with the former's title coming at 168 pounds and the latter spending much of his career at the next division up, light-heavyweight (175 pounds).

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could Bellew make 175 without sacrificing too much? If so lets get it on. The build up alone will be worth watching.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great crack, another Panto match up!! still @erics44 will buy it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Old Eubank sent Eddie a message (according to Ed) asking if the fight has legs? Now Eddie certainly ain't shy when it comes to making a pound note but that just about says it all about old Eubank.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll definitely make a buck.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    hell yes
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    hell yes
    You muppet.

Thread Information