Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shane Mosley on Khan, Smith etc

What has it been like sparring Shawn Porter, has he impressed you?

“Yeah he is really impressive. I think of him as my little brother. He has a style and build very similar to mine. He has a lot of power and he moves really good.
    I taught him some little tricks before he fought Broner, but other than that, his dad teaches him everything right. Kenny is a great trainer. I even had him train me for my fight against Mayorga.”
    Will you be gunning for the winner of the Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman fight? Which one would you like to face?

“I actually would prefer to fight Thurman, but I hope Porter wins. I say that because I am good friends with Shawn and won’t fight him.
    I like Thurman too, but I don’t hang out with his family at his house like I do the Porters. So I don’t think I will be fighting either cause Porter is winning that fight.”
    What do you think of Amir Khan’s decision to fight Canelo Alvarez?

“I think it’s a bad choice. I don’t understand it. He has balls but one thing I have learned is sometimes balls is a bad career decision. For example me fighting Vernon or Winky.
    Yeah it was ballsy, but it definitely hurt my career. I could have baby sat it and not taken those and tried to stay undefeated forever, I would have made a lot more money like that.”
    If the chance to fight Liam Smith came around again would you be up for it given how talks went last time?

“Yeah they never wanted to make that fight. They just wanted some publicity for me talking about it. They came back with all kinds of crazy stipulations thinking I wouldn’t agree, but I agreed to all of them just to get the belt.
    So then they had to say the WBO wouldn’t sanction me cause I wasn’t rated, which is just dumb cause I fought Pacman (their super champ) just 4 years ago.”
    Shane Jr (your son) is also a pro boxer, talk to us a little about him.

“Shane is a great fighter. He builds muscle fast, great rhythm, strength, coordination, and athleticism. He dances like he is a pro, he bowls like he is a pro, he runs like he is a track runner.
    I mean all around this kid just excels at everything. He has been around boxing his whole life so he knows the little things that most people don’t know until 30-40 years in the game. He will be world champion.”
    You looked in great form in your last fight against Patrick Lopez, when will we see you back in the ring?

“Finding an opponent that works is hard. I have fought an older Mayorga and a younger Olympian who no one really knows and got little respect after. I need to fight someone with a good record so people can respect the win and trust that I deserve to be back at the top of the sport fighting top guys. The problem is these top guys know I am a problem and so do their promoters.
    I have a name and I can knock you out. For promoters who like to babysit their top guys I am too much risk and not enough reward until the fans get back behind me and believe I should be there. So I am trying to find that sweet spot where the win earns me the respect and the promoter will let them fight me when there isn’t $10 million on the line.”

rest of the article https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2...lks-amir-khan/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley on Khan, Smith etc

Crazy as this sounds, I think Mosley can beat Porter, even at his age. Shane would take advantage of Porter's lunging style and outpoint him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley on Khan, Smith etc

Interesting that Shane said he should not have fought Winky or Forrest because it hurt his career.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information