Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody as impressed as me at Linares!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anybody as impressed as me at Linares!

Perfect.... Perfect.

21 years old? Composure already. Jab, uppercut, hooks, looping body punches! Stamina, speed!
    He has no punching power, but he still managed to stop Cho-lo-lo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anybody as impressed as me at Linares!

Yeah he was extremely immpressive. He can pace himself, hes patient, great jab and good speed too. He fights very mature for a 21 yo. Hes a great finisher too. He is the real prospect among the young guys tonight and I think he will be a big force.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fully impressed.
    He fixed a lot of problems I had seen in his last fights. He no longer stands around and waits, he held his hands high.

THe combos this kid throws are insane. Anyone have the punchstats on this fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Perfect.... Perfect.

21 years old? Composure already. Jab, uppercut, hooks, looping body punches! Stamina, speed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Yeah he was extremely immpressive. He can pace himself, hes patient, great jab and good speed too. He fights very mature for a 21 yo. Hes a great finisher too. He is the real A prospect among the young guys tonight and I think he will be a big force.

I agree completely. I am all up on his bandwagon after tonight!

Though I wouldn't say he doesn't have any power ...some of those body shots he was landing were THUMPING

Larios moved up in weight to fight Pacman and went the distance.
    And Linares straight dominated him.

He wasn't fazed at all taking a major step up in class...like you guys said great composure. He looked like the veteran in there tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he was extremely immpressive. He can pace himself, hes patient, great jab
    The knockout flurry started from the jab. Knocked Larios' head back. Amazing man!

He fights very mature for a 21 yo. Hes a great finisher too. He is the real prospect among the young guys tonight and I think he will be a big force.
    Hes a great finisher too

THAT counts BIG in my book, especially so young. Many... I mean Many are comfortable to skate to an easy victory.
    Sure that's the right choice most of the time, but against the right opponent, it's better to finish them off and win big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Fully impressed.
    He fixed a lot of problems I had seen in his last fights. He no longer stands around and waits, he held his hands high.

THe combos this kid throws are insane. Anyone have the punchstats on this fight?
    If this kid keeps this up I may have to take a visit to Vegas again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    Perfect.... Perfect.

Yeah he was extremely immpressive. He can pace himself, hes patient, great jab and good speed too. He fights very mature for a 21 yo. Hes a great finisher too. He is the real A prospect among the young guys tonight and I think he will be a big force.

I agree completely. I am all up on his bandwagon after tonight!

Though I wouldn't say he doesn't have any power ...some of those body shots he was landing were THUMPING

Larios moved up in weight to fight Pacman and went the distance.
    And Linares straight dominated him.

He wasn't fazed at all taking a major step up in class...like you guys said great composure. He looked like the veteran in there tonight!

Completely agree with you!

cc you all! This was a great card IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Golden Boy Promotions doesn't move him too fast...... they move their fighters too fast IMO. Not all of them but a lot... he's just 21, even this fight was pretty risky. Many times Larios tried to make it clear he was going to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would just like to say that I called this guy a age ago! I remember posting an article written about him by Steve Kim and I tracked down 4-5 of his fights and was massively impressed. Sure,he had flaws but he's still young and it sounds like he ironed them out in a fight against a rugged,tough veteran!Yessssss!

I know the powerful Japanese promotional team behind him(I've forgotten their name at this moment) want to make him a star in the US,he is quite popular in Japan already so we can hopefully,look forward to seeing more of his fights. He and Edwin Valero are in the same promotional group,I wonder if they have sparred? I hope he rubs off on Valero,teaches him to clean up his technique!

Glad to see someone i backed succeed,feels good

Does Golden Boy have rights over him stateside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I would just like to say that I called this guy a age ago! I remember posting an article written about him by Steve Kim and I tracked down 4-5 of his fights and was massively impressed. Sure,he had flaws but he's still young and it sounds like he ironed them out in a fight against a rugged,tough veteran!Yessssss!

I know the powerful Japanese promotional team behind him(I've forgotten their name at this moment) want to make him a star in the US,he is quite popular in Japan already so we can hopefully,look forward to seeing more of his fights. He and Edwin Valero are in the same promotional group,I wonder if they have sparred? I hope he rubs off on Valero,teaches him to clean up his technique!

El Gamo.... you called it... props to you man ... cause this guy is JUST AWESOME!!!
    He just blew me away.
    I hope GBP doesn't mess this guy up in terms of development... I don't think highly of team GB... sure they get paid well... but their opposition is crazy! Perfect example....The moment Barrera signed with Oscar's new Promotional Banner... he faced Manny Pacquiao.

Alright.... I backed up Edwin and you Linares....
    So one of these days these guys will face each other ... we'll see who wins. haha
    (I might be rooting for your guy. haha)

I just assumed that he was friends with Edwin and moved there to get quality sparring.

I didn't think Japan had an eye for venezuela fighters ?

Anybody know the story behind this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Gamo.... you called it... props to you man ... cause this guy is JUST AWESOME!!!
    He just blew me away.
    I hope GBP doesn't mess this guy up in terms of development... I don't think highly of team GB... sure they get paid well... but their opposition is crazy! Perfect example....The moment Barrera signed with Oscar's new Promotional Banner... he faced Manny Pacquiao.

Alright.... I backed up Edwin and you Linares....
    So one of these days these guys will face each other ... we'll see who wins. haha
    (I might be rooting for your guy. haha)

I just assumed that he was friends with Edwin and moved there to get quality sparring.

I didn't think Japan had an eye for venezuela fighters ?

Anybody know the story behind this?
    So wait up?

This guy is with a Japan Promotional Team?
    Oh Damn I must be a fan NOW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To clarify Gyro,in Japan,Linares is promoted by a powerful Jap promotional team,I'll find out the name later. He has learnt to speak Jap and has a decent following there. They wanted to make him a bigger star stateside so I think that whenhe comes to USA,he is promoted by GBP? I'm not sure how it works.

Also,Valero moved to Japan because he could not find the right sparring here and there were too many distractions. He and Linares are in the same camp and I'd put $$$ on if they ever fought,Linares would beat his ass. And don't foget,I was one of the first on the Valero bandwagon too.

CC back bro,DOugie wrote this awesome article on Jorge but I can't find. It'll explain everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To clarify Gyro,in Japan,Linares is promoted by a powerful Jap promotional team,I'll find out the name later. He has learnt to speak Jap and has a decent following there. They wanted to make him a bigger star stateside so I think that whenhe comes to USA,he is promoted by GBP? I'm not sure how it works.

Also,Valero moved to Japan because he could not find the right sparring here and there were too many distractions. He and Linares are in the same camp and I'd put $$$ on if they ever fought,Linares would beat his ass. And don't foget,I was one of the first on the Valero bandwagon too.

CC back bro,DOugie wrote this awesome article on Jorge but I can't find. It'll explain everything.
    Alright, I hear yah I hear yah.

Venezuela!!! Whatever they are doing over there, they do it well for boxing.

I really have a feeling that this kid and Edwin already spar in Japan.

Maybe not.... if not... Japan might be on it's way to making them rivals.

Both are big and owned by Japan Promoters, why not square off in a multimillion dollar showdown.
    Those guys there in Japan are FIGHT CRAZY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The kid looked like a young mid-career Barrera, granted he was fighting Larios who is very good, but not quite the elite, but he made him look so far out of his depth it was incredible. Bring on Luevano or Chris John.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very impressed. With all Larios' experience he had no answers to deal with Linares. Gotta love that jab!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information