Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
I've not read a single post in this thread, the love for Canelo on this site is sickening, even for a gay man like me.

However, Andre Ward told me Kovalev was his best win, so if the cherry picking Canelo beats him it proves how overrated Ward is. Fact. That is all.
Ward was probably top 3 talents I’ve seen during my lifetime. He went up in weight and fought Kovalev who was very feared. I had Kovalev at #1 p4p at the time. He was easily in the top 3.

With that said, Kovalev isn’t what he used to be at all. He has really gone down hill. So Canelo fighting Kovalev now isn’t the same as Ward fighting Kovalev at the top of his game. That’s just a ridiculous argument
Yeah it's ridiculous. It's also ridiculous that a bonafide all-time great can name Kovalev his best win whilst people are calling Canelo a "cherry picker" for the same man.

Is Kovalev past his best? Yes. Is he still an active winning champion? Yes. Top 3 at 175? Yes. Does he have a significant natural size, height and reach advantage? Yes. Is he still a quality boxer? Yes. Does he still possess big power? Yes.

So how can that man possibly be regarded a "gimme" unless the guy he's facing is special? Special like Ward? If Kovalev is such a "gimme" what does that make Elider Alvarez? Pascal? Even unbeaten prospects like Yarde?

The point is - fans who can't separate their personal feelings for a fighter - love or hate - don't make sense. Without realising it they're saying Canelo is special. Fact.
It’s the fact that styles make fights. It’s not to say beating Kovalev isn’t impressive, but beating Kovalev may be easier for Canelo than to beat Andrade. That’s why I like fighters to stay in their weight class and clean it out. Much more impressive
Who we'd prefer Canelo to fight is an entirely different argument. Personally I'd rather Canelo fight Saunders, Andrade or Charlo.

It's more impressive to clean out a weight class? Like Loma is attempting? Why do you want him to move down in weight?