Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing is getting to soft

I wish they would change boxing back to the days when it was 15 rounds and boxers were so tired they could barley move and would need the will to win it and show how good they really were and go back to the days when they didn't stop fights so fast and see if the other guy could make it back instead of stopping it to soon I think boxing is to soft now compared to the old days.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing is getting to soft

Yeah it's more of a sport now rewarding technical skill over courage, stamina and will.

I'd love to see the return of 15 round wars with lighter gloves but it's never going to happen unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a 12 round match saves more lifes i couldnt care a less what people think about the sport

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey people can die now in the ring a few rounds i don't think would effect them much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    I wish they would change boxing back to the days when it was 15 rounds and boxers were so tired they could barley move and would need the will to win it and show how good they really were...
    Hmmm... Oscar de la Hoya would have not even made the Hall of Fame then. Seriously. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    I wish they would change boxing back to the days when it was 15 rounds and boxers were so tired they could barley move and would need the will to win it and show how good they really were...
    Hmmm... Oscar de la Hoya would have not even made the Hall of Fame then. Seriously. haha

de la Hoya is a shoe-in Hall of Famer, is what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxing is boxing..

You still get wars..

Take it or leave it..

I wouldnt leave it for the world.. I still love watching the malignaggis.. Fwock kos when your good then your good..No matter how you do your busness
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    If a 12 round match saves more lifes i couldnt care a less what people think about the sport
    I'd rather an extra death or two a year to bring the sport back to its glory days. Makes it more exciting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'd rather an extra death or two a year to bring the sport back to its glory days. Makes it more exciting.
    Not sure I'd go quite that far...

but I would like to see the 15 round fight return, at least for championship matches. They can keep the heavier gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's a really pitiful post Bilbo.....I know you try to push some buttons and irk a few (most) on this site I never expected to see you advocating "Blood sport".....1 death in boxing or any sport is too much....the glory days are gone because boxing left it's fanbase.....PPV destroyed boxing...sure some super ultra mega fights might warrant a PPV but not 90% of the fights that are on it today....when boxing left national telivision it started to decline.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post is ridiculous. Anyone who gets in with another top boxer is not soft. Its easy to sit on your fat ass and call pro boxers soft, get pummeled by cotto, hopkins, hatton for 12 rounds and see if its still soft....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins

but I would like to see the 15 round fight return, at least for championship matches. They can keep the heavier gloves.
    15 is to many... maybe for jr middles and under but for the big men too many...

well if you like seeing them battles.... them great warriors would be like Ali not hopkins when they are 42+yrs. with 15 rounds...

it would dramtically decrease the primes (especially for the great fighters)

but maybe it would be nice if they selected one bout a year out of all the fights..... of course i think you all are forgetting a 15 round Taylor-Spinks could kill boxing

a ruiz-briggs 15 rounder might kill people but it aint gonna be in the ring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    This post is ridiculous. Anyone who gets in with another top boxer is not soft. Its easy to sit on your fat a** and call pro boxers soft, get pummeled by cotto, hopkins, hatton for 12 rounds and see if its still soft....
    i dont think he meant it that way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins

15 is to many... maybe for jr middles and under but for the big men too many...

well if you like seeing them battles.... them great warriors would be like Ali not hopkins when they are 42+yrs. with 15 rounds...

it would dramtically decrease the primes (especially for the great fighters)

but maybe it would be nice if they selected one bout a year out of all the fights..... of course i think you all are forgetting a 15 round Taylor-Spinks could kill boxing

a ruiz-briggs 15 rounder might kill people but it aint gonna be in the ring
    wow....a Ruiz fight that could go 15 rounds.....I just kicked my dog at the thought of it!!! just kidding....I punched my wife in the face!!!.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    This post is ridiculous. Anyone who gets in with another top boxer is not soft. Its easy to sit on your fat a** and call pro boxers soft, get pummeled by cotto, hopkins, hatton for 12 rounds and see if its still soft....
    i dont think he meant it that way...
    Well what did he mean?

Thread Information