Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What Happened???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 'weak punching, non straight punching, brawler' beat the 'powerful, straight punching, tactician'

So what happened DOUBTERS AND HATERS??!!!!!

Let me guess, hopkins is too old right?

Next when jones gets beat he will have excuses and then when pavlik is beat he will have excuses aswell right?

Bhop put on a classic performance for himself, showed great skill and philly style BUT also dirtyness and rule breaking!

He used his style effectively early on and knocked joe down in round 1...but like a true champ ALWAYS DOES, joe found the way to beat bhop and OUT MASTERED THE MASTER!

Joe came back into the fight showing his stamina, skill and landeed more punches on bhop than anyone else ever has. No doubt bernard is a class fighter, an all time great, i think he proved it tonight BUT the class of joe calzaghe shined above anything even the chess master himself could bring to the ring.

For joe to come to vegas, fight bhops fight AND OUT WIT HIM AT HIS OWN GAME when bhop put in one of his best performances (just like the one that destroyed tarver)...calzaghe shows his class.

Will this silence the haters?

Hell no!

Will beating jones silence the haters?

Hell no!

Will beating pavlik silence the doubters?

Hell no!

But face it guys, even as much as it pains you to say it, this 'weak, slapping, non straight punching brawler' is gonna beat all the best champs in the world, retire 49,0,0 and id say it either number 1 or 2 p4p with mayweather beside him (all depends on mayweathers results though).

Joe will now beat jones and pavlik...of course the haters will be rooting for jones and rooting for pavlik, but the haters never learn do they

Im one of the brits who agreed that hatton had serious weaknesses and would prob get beat by mayweather...but make no mistake!!! JOE CALZAGHE is no hatton! You just saw this as he played bhop at his own game and won!

You will continue to hate, but when joe beats the best of the usa (in their backyard), i'll let you hate him and criticise rather than simply admire the beauty his ability and incredible champ that he is!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Happened???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good posting bro. I hate haters too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty? I think Joe takes away the no.1 spot from Manny Pacquiao in the p4p rankings.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok mighty spirited post and I know you are vindicated right now but come on, Joe was the favorite this fight so let's not make it seem that he was some huge underdog. Calzaghe did what most people expected of him.

And he did it with weak slappy punches. He makes those punches count and he sends a lot of them but he does slap with them and he doesn't land clean nor with a lot of power either.

He's not that discredited anymore as far as his schools and what he is critiqued for is fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JLAQ View Post
    In all honesty? I think Joe takes away the no.1 spot from Manny Pacquiao in the p4p rankings.
    Calzaghe won, no doubt.
    But this is a stupid exaggeration.
    You can be called number one pound for pound, when you dont really land any decent clean shots.
    Calazaghe hurt Kessler far more than Hopkins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by richard (mossley) View Post
    Calzaghe won, no doubt.
    You can be called number one pound for pound, when you dont really land any decent clean shots.
    Are you saying Floyd hit DLH more cleanly than Joe hit Nard?

Cant have your cake and eat it too, you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha i got neg repped for this thread lol.

Someone says 'hopkins got robbed'...i wont mention who.

Funny isnt it how i get neg repped, yet im polite and havent insulted anyone...

The fact is no hopkins didnt get robbed, only the delusional and haters would say that!!!

Joe adapted his game and won 7 of the rounds clearly. HOW CAN SOMEONE BE ROBBED WHEN THEY LOSE 7 ROUNDS?

FUKIN IDIOTS !!!

USE YOUR FRIGGIN EYES, TOTAL HATERS THAT WONT EVER LEARN, WATCH AS CALZAGHE BEATS JONES AND PAVLIK AS WELL BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER LEARN HAHAHAHAHA!!!

WAIT N SEE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um, yeah Floyd did hit De La Hoya cleaner then Joe hit Hopkins. Don't think there is any arguing that, Mayweather is a pinpoint puncher who lands clean almost every time he lands. I never saw one really big shot from Joe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by richard (mossley) View Post
    Calzaghe won, no doubt.
    Are you saying Floyd hit DLH more cleanly than Joe hit Nard?

Cant have your cake and eat it too, you know.

Youve said he took no 1 from Manny Pacquiao, not Floyd Dull as dishwater Mayweather.

Neither Floyd or Joe have a great knock out record in recent years. Mayweather knocked out Hatton, a guy who is not a welterweight.
    And Calzaghe knocked out Manfredo and that fight was a mismatch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Um, yeah Floyd did hit De La Hoya cleaner then Joe hit Hopkins. Don't think there is any arguing that, Mayweather is a pinpoint puncher who lands clean almost every time he lands. I never saw one really big shot from Joe.
    WTF? Joe hurt Nard in at least two occassions, hit him three times to Nard's two, and yet you have Floyd's pitter-pat punching DLH over Joe's? Can we say, HATER?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LondonBB View Post

The fact is no hopkins didnt get robbed, only the delusional and haters would say that!!!

Joe adapted his game and won 7 of the rounds clearly. HOW CAN SOMEONE BE ROBBED WHEN THEY LOSE 7 ROUNDS?

FUKIN IDIOTS !!!

USE YOUR FRIGGIN EYES, TOTAL HATERS THAT WONT EVER LEARN, WATCH AS CALZAGHE BEATS JONES AND PAVLIK AS WELL BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER LEARN HAHAHAHAHA!!!

WAIT N SEE
    LOL if Cal beats Jones and pav as expected, the haters won't still give him his props. Nay, even if he KOs them both in one night, the haters would still refuse to recognize him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    WTF? Joe hurt Nard in at least two occassions, hit him three times to Nard's two, and yet you have Floyd's pitter-pat punching DLH over Joe's? Can we say, HATER?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LondonBB View Post

FUKIN IDIOTS !!!

WAIT N SEE
    LOL if Cal beats Jones and pav as expected, the haters won't still give him his props. Nay, even if he KOs them both in one night, the haters would still refuse to recognize him.
    Who cares about the base opinions of a handful of haters? I know who the haters are and I seldom give them the time of day. Anybody who knows anything about boxing gives Calzaghe his props and its only their opinions you should be bothered about.

Calzaghe got the job done. Wasn't perfect as he himself says, but its not easy to look perfect against Hopkins.

Just enjoy the win for what it is....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joe overtakes Floyd in my p4p rankings cuz Floyds best win was over a washed up Oscar. Joe just beat the man who beat the man plus Hop beat Winky who was also p4p rated .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are no excuses and no way to take away from Calzaghe's win. The "BHOP was too old" excuse is rediculous because Bhop is just coming off of a win over one of the best P4P fighters in the world, Winky Wright.

So this definatly was a fantastic win for JC

Thread Information