Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boxer or ufc fighter in a fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxer or ufc fighter in a fight?

Whoever thinks that a boxer will beat an mma fighter is on crack. A boxer only has to worry about punches...that's it. MMA fighters have to defend punches, elbows,knees and kicks with barely any padding and that's not even bringing the submission aspect. Plus on the ground, you have to defend punchs, elbows, ect. Why do you think boxing is struggling to sell ppv? This is simply because UFC and Pride offer much more for your money. Guys that fight in the octagon put a hell of a lot more on the line in a fight then a boxer. Sure, both sports are tough ones but which one would the average person want to compete in? The answer is clearly boxing. Boxing is safer and easier to participate in. In a real fight, anything goes and MMA is the closest competition there is to a real fight. Boxing is more of a sport then a fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've done a little of both and had my fair share of "streetfights"... In a street fight all bets are off and you can never underestimate an opponent but the more well versed a fighter is in a myriad of fighting techniques the more successful he will be. I remeber my buddy who played college ball at OSU used to say that cocky football players used to always get their assess beat by the wrestling team. Boxing is more structured and the fighter has less to worry about. I'd put my money on a skilled MMA fighter anyday of the week.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by *Lights*out*
    Whoever thinks that a boxer will beat an mma fighter is on crack. A boxer only has to worry about punches...that's it. MMA fighters have to defend punches, elbows,knees and kicks with barely any padding and that's not even bringing the submission aspect. Plus on the ground, you have to defend punchs, elbows, ect. Why do you think boxing is struggling to sell ppv? This is simply because UFC and Pride offer much more for your money. Guys that fight in the octagon put a hell of a lot more on the line in a fight then a boxer. Sure, both sports are tough ones but which one would the average person want to compete in? The answer is clearly boxing. Boxing is safer and easier to participate in. In a real fight, anything goes and MMA is the closest competition there is to a real fight. Boxing is more of a sport then a fight.
    The old UFC was great... It pitted one Master of a Discipline against another..this new UFC has jacks of all trades and masters of none... the top fighters in MMA barely look better than amateurs in MMA..i haven't watched a full UFC since UFC 10 I think....I have seen a lot of the top fighters in the UFC and have not been impressed.....you'll see what I mean when GRACIE!! taps out Matt Hughes.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And like it was said before in a street fight all bets are off, so maybe either one would just get beat by an average Joe with a good punch if they get cough, also watching the ufc allot of times is like living in new Orleans and watching drunks fight all the time, they always end up on the ground hugging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no question. An MMA fighter would rock the shit out of any boxer. They have to deal with a great deal more than a boxer does. A boxing stance is so open for a take down, it's not even funny. They'd get taken down, and tapped out.

The first UFC's were no holds barred. Pulling hair, head-butts, eye gouging, you name it, it was allowed. It wasn't until they were banned when they got some sense. UFC 1, Joyce Gracie single handedly killed every fighter, without ecen throwing a punch. Most of the fighters in the tournament specialized in boxing. The only time boxers will prevail over MMA fighters in a combat sport is in boxing, and maybe kick boxing.

With that being said, if Pretty Boy Floyd had two or three years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, he would breeze through MMA with no problems at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

K then I am sorry to inform I will now be studying 8 years of all mixed martial arts

Sorry floyd, cant beat ya up in 10 years anymore , unless I see you drinkin my 40 a pub, then your in for it.

Thread Information