Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boxer or ufc fighter in a fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default boxer or ufc fighter in a fight?

wat if a hw boxer or ufc fighter fought in the streets who do u think would win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxer or ufc fighter in a fight?

ufc 9 out of 10 mabey 10 out of ten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeast101
    wat if a hw boxer or ufc fighter fought in the streets who do u think would win
    the rules are thrown out now.....biting, fishhooks, eyegouging, NO GLOVES, kicking when someone is down, stomping on someones face, punches/biting to groin area, makeshift weapons... you can't say....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know really the UFC fighters ? ? ? I know just that Bob Snap was 1 and the 1 from Wresling Goldberg ? ? ?

In a street fight i pick Rahman,Peter,Tua,Akinwande and McCall . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have no idea what your talking abou theyd all get submitted or in case where theres no submision they get killed because if those no rules theres no taping so a choke out becomes a death a arm bar becomes an arm break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    You have no idea what your talking abou theyd all get submitted or in case where theres no submision they get killed because if those no rules theres no taping so a choke out becomes a death a arm bar becomes an arm break
    and a straight right hand becomes a broken orbital bone, broken jaw, broken cheek bone, instant KO, then you'd have a p*ssed of boxer who normally comes from the streets (literally) beating a KO'D lifeless body. In a street fight there is no rules...trust me, there are plenty of boxers with wrestling or martial arts in their backgrounds..This is a question with no true answer...just really good for debating.
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't get submitted in a street fight, you get your leg broken and if you can still fight it continues. Either that or they will choke you until you can't fight anymore I have no idea a boxer could punch and get his arm caught in a bar and then be in trouble. Ask Floyd Mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the more reason why a boxer is going to lose, ufc fighters fight standing up fight on the ground etc.. Boxers box Mike tyson cant wrestle and if he can its better than an ordinary man but not a pro, hes not versed in submiisons, boxers are gonna throw that one big punch its simply to east to defend against when you can shoot counter and not be limited to only throwing a punch, boxers get anihlated i n pride fighting which is more kick boxing let alone freestlye, if you face the best in anything your gonna lose and there are no bxers who can beat professional fighters, yes they can whip 90% of the population but not a ufc fighter. Boxing is designed around rules regulations, even bare knuckle fights like that dude kimop was in, he lost to a second rate mma fighter. If he had fought a ufc champ with or withoout rules he would have been submitted or knockout with a kick very shortly, your talking a whole different world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

unless its a real grappling artist from UFC like Gracie...I'd take the boxer...because most of those UFC guys can't take a punch...they all go down from the first clean punch or are seriously dazed...and boxers are already fast with wearing 8 and 10oz gloves if they wore the kind UFC fighters wore I believe they's really murder some with a few punches...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The grappler will always defeat a striker. Everytime I've seen a boxer fight any other style they get beat, they don't know how to defend against kicks and once they are on the ground they are easy prey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cant compare the two, Boxing is more of an art. UFC fighters just swing wild allot of times and get cough or catch the opponent with a lucky shot, ie look at Silvia nd Arlovsky, arlovsky was clearly winning and bam one lucky shot, why because he had no defence like a boxer would have. either that or they roll around in the ground and see who can catch the opponent in and arm bar or something. So it could go either way , standing up the boxer would win hands down, but on the ground it depends if the boxer also knows how to wrestle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that why UFC fighter dont make the same kind of money that boxers make..because nobody really wants to see what appears to be untrained fighters.....even though they do have martial arts a skills some of them...it's street ball and NBA...those who excel in a sport of order are percieved to be better..besides it's a lot easier to teach a boxer a few wrestling counter moves than it would be to teach a ufc fighter to box....or take a punch for than matter.....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take a look at matt skeltons MMA fights and that shows that boxers struggle at MMA. They are completly different sports. In the street, I couldn't say. Probably the MMA fighter wins most of the time, but boxers with no gloves on would do serious damage.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not boxing or ufc but Remy Bonyasky is awesome at k-1 . . . He would beat Vitaly at kick boxing what u think ? ? ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well, that is because boxers dont kick they box and it is an art.

Thread Information