Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default wlad speaks about his victory

www.boxinginsider.com

Wladimir Klitschko: “Chris Byrd fought just as we expected!”

By Yuriy "Joy" Nesterenko
    [Note: This interview is published with special permission from www.klitschko.com.]

Right after the fight, Wladimir went back inside a locker room, where on behalf of all fans we congratulated him with a victory and Orthodox Easter. Wladimir had to rush as everyone awaited him at press conference, thus we were able to ask just few questions.

Wladimir, we would like to congratulate you with your victory and wish you Happy Easter. Can you describe how are you feeling now?
    First of all I’m pleased to become world champion once again. I waited long for this fight. And now I have a title.

Wladimir when did you realize that you are in control of the fight?
    It happened in the third round. I began to impose my style onto Chris and I managed to land couple big punches. I understood that I would win. In the first round I wasn’t sure what his fight plan was, but by the third round it became clear. From then on I controlled this fight.

Wladimir, can you tell us now what was your fight plan? And did you really wanted to win by a knockout?
    Our plan was to assume this fight would last twelve rounds. Knockdown and knockout require many things to occur at the same time. When I saw that Chris was unable to evade my punched, I just added pressure…and you saw what happened.

Wladimir, is it possible to say that your predictions of Chris’ style proved to be true?
    I want to point out that in my last fights with Samuel Peter and Eliseo Castillo, just like with Chris, we were able to predict my opponents’ strategy. We made our fight plan and I had to stick to it.

Wladimir, were you surprised in the fifth round, after Chris survived your knockdown and lasted to the end?
    No. Chris is very good fighter. We understood, that he could survive and recover even in the worst situations. I saw that I could hurt him, and even though I kept on hitting him, he did everything to withstand my attacks and finish that round on his feet.

Wladimir, do you think referee made the right decision?
    Wayne Kelly’s refereed this fight very professionally and properly. Before he ended this fight, Chris was hit with a lot of punches. Even when Chris got up quickly in the seventh round and was ready to continue, you have to understand that he was putting himself in danger. Thus a referee made correct decision by stopping this fight.

Wladimir, your trainer Emmanuel Steward, stated that he wants you to unify heavyweight belts. Any comments?
    It’s too early to talk about this. For this to happen it would require a lot of time and work. I think that such a fight would bring a lot of interest to boxing fans. I would like to repeat, it’s too early to talk about it.

Wladimir if such fight is possible, who would you like to face – Hasim Rahman, Sergei Lyakhovich or Nikolay Valuev?
    Each one of them is a world champion so I can fight any one of them. But it's too early…

Wladimir, after this fight you approached Chris Byrd’s son. What did he say to you?
    He congratulated me with a victory. It was sincere. I was very touched by his words. I answered that his father is a true fighter, and he should be proud of him.

Wladimir, few words for your fans…
    I want to wish everyone happy holidays [Orthodox Easter] and wish you all good luck. I want to thank you for support. This victory was a gift for you.

For much more outstanding coverage on Klitschko vs. Byrd II go to www.klitschko.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: wlad speaks about his victory

well what do ya know
    tnx for the gift dude

Thread Information