Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Fraziers answers :) enjoy

i' typing this out on my lap top which i forgot the "M" key sticks alot so watch for any Mistakes,and please 4give e for not capitalising and punctuation because i am not any type of professional interveiwer or even that good at editing lol

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Me: hey joe how u been doin?

joe: i been doin fine i soppose ...i feel strong ,how about u?

Me: haha i'm fine.. u Makin a comeback then? (we just laugh for a sec)

Me: since i'm here i'm asking these questions on behalf of my favorite boxing site Saddoboxing .com ,i told them id be here and it would be no proble so lets get started

Me: someone wanted to know about your very last fight against Mr jumbo cummings
    they wanted to know if the body shots hurt you and if it prompted you to change your strategy

Joe:no i mostly changed my strategy cause hes a big guy and i was in my late 30s and didnt wanna ake any mistakes ..a smart boxer is one that can adapt
    Me :what about the body shots did they hurt?

Joe : (laughs) getting punched does hurt,Man i know u been punched before right??
    ..but when u get up there in age your body get a little more tender i guess

Me: was foreman the hardest puncher you ever fought?

Joe: big george had a way of knocking you down by swingin at u ...he did hit me in the back of the head but u supposed to protect urself at all times so i got no hard feelings ,but hardest puncher or not he had a way of knocking people down and dropping those bombs so he was definatly one of the hardest punchers of his era ...next to me though!(grinning), he aint never knock muhamad down like i did

Me:someone asked what warmups did you do before a fight because u looked cold alot of times

joe: no i never came in cold,i' just always been a slow starter,i was always better in the late rounds like they say thats when i start smokin haha

Me: what was it like training people who didnt have as much skill or deterination as you ..was it frusterating?

Joe: you can get frustrated reguardless but no i think i' pretty pateint as long as they tried there hardest ....boxings not for everone ..and god blesses people in different ways ...one man might have a great chin and another an may think on his feet enough to cover his weak chin ...Stamina matters alot ..if u dont have to worry about gettin tired it can make a average fighter look real good ...in the end you always get what u put in to boxing

Me: speaking of which ,lol someone wrote me to ask if youd come back to whup audley harrison

Joe : haha i dont need to everyone else is doin it for me

Me:how would you have fought Mike Tyson

Joe :same way Holfeild did it ...i just wouldnt back down & just keep gettin my shots off ,if u go hit for hit w/ Mike he'll fold ,he got that bully Mantality,he like to whup on people but he dont wanna Actually FIGHT ,i was a fighter and i think id have held my own but dont get Me wrong u dont see many fighters as mean and dangerous as mike was for a while

Me: who are you picking for Mayorga - Delehoya?

Joe: Delehoya ,he a hell of a fighter,he aint no philly fighter but he got a real good chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Fraziers answers :) enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a cool article, gotta love Joe Frazier...the guy was all heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

excellent work, means

nice!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    i' typing this out on my lap top which i forgot the "M" key sticks alot so watch for any Mistakes,and please 4give e for not capitalising and punctuation because i am not any type of professional interveiwer or even that good at editing lol

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Me: hey joe how u been doin?

joe: i been doin fine i soppose ...i feel strong ,how about u?

Me: haha i'm fine.. u Makin a comeback then? (we just laugh for a sec)

Me: since i'm here i'm asking these questions on behalf of my favorite boxing site Saddoboxing .com ,i told them id be here and it would be no proble so lets get started

Me: someone wanted to know about your very last fight against Mr jumbo cummings
    they wanted to know if the body shots hurt you and if it prompted you to change your strategy

Joe:no i mostly changed my strategy cause hes a big guy and i was in my late 30s and didnt wanna ake any mistakes ..a smart boxer is one that can adapt
    Me :what about the body shots did they hurt?

Joe : (laughs) getting punched does hurt,Man i know u been punched before right??
    ..but when u get up there in age your body get a little more tender i guess

Me: was foreman the hardest puncher you ever fought?

Joe: big george had a way of knocking you down by swingin at u ...he did hit me in the back of the head but u supposed to protect urself at all times so i got no hard feelings ,but hardest puncher or not he had a way of knocking people down and dropping those bombs so he was definatly one of the hardest punchers of his era ...next to me though!(grinning), he aint never knock muhamad down like i did

Me:someone asked what warmups did you do before a fight because u looked cold alot of times

joe: no i never came in cold,i' just always been a slow starter,i was always better in the late rounds like they say thats when i start smokin haha

Me: what was it like training people who didnt have as much skill or deterination as you ..was it frusterating?

Joe: you can get frustrated reguardless but no i think i' pretty pateint as long as they tried there hardest ....boxings not for everone ..and god blesses people in different ways ...one man might have a great chin and another an may think on his feet enough to cover his weak chin ...Stamina matters alot ..if u dont have to worry about gettin tired it can make a average fighter look real good ...in the end you always get what u put in to boxing

Me: speaking of which ,lol someone wrote me to ask if youd come back to whup audley harrison

Joe : haha i dont need to everyone else is doin it for me

Me:how would you have fought Mike Tyson

Joe :same way Holfeild did it ...i just wouldnt back down & just keep gettin my shots off ,if u go hit for hit w/ Mike he'll fold ,he got that bully Mantality,he like to whup on people but he dont wanna Actually FIGHT ,i was a fighter and i think id have held my own but dont get Me wrong u dont see many fighters as mean and dangerous as mike was for a while

Me: who are you picking for Mayorga - Delehoya?

Joe: Delehoya ,he a hell of a fighter,he aint no philly fighter but he got a real good chance
    Thanks for the interview.....SMOKIN JOE!! is a true champion.
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back at u ...i like any excuse to get 1 on 1 time w/ joe so i' glad u liked it too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm just bumpin this back up one last time incase anyone who asked a question didnt see the answers yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    i'm just bumpin this back up one last time incase anyone who asked a question didnt see the answers yet

Thanks man, that was interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good questions that most people dont ask him. Nice work
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice work means

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Means,great work but how did you manage to get an interview with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, awesome, I owe you a CC man, didn't think you'd actually ask the Harrison question. Perfect answer.... haha, gotta love Smokin' Joe
    Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 fridays ago he was on friday night boxing on ESPN2. He didnt mind at all telling the guys that boxing on the heavyweight level was pothetic. Joe kept saying, what? that was fight! Those guys dont know how to fight! Unfortunately, hes 100% right. I watched a guy from my home state that night, dominick guinn. The guy has great skills and not heart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    how did you manage to get an interview with him?
    thanks guys!!

normally a reporter or anyone would have to call Joes agent Less wolf for an ok to interveiw him or meet w/ him but i had the privilage of meeting joe in philly during a bunch of amature matches i was watching and i went up to him and said how i always admired him and watched him carefully because we are the same hieght and build ...anyway this is when i was 18 and i'm 21 now and have gotten to know joe & Marvis very well and i always train at 2917 broad st. (joes gym) when i' here in phillidelphia ... i visited my family here in philly much more often after i met him lol (i'm fromYoungstown ohio and train at southside boxing gym where Kelly Pavlik trains under Jack leow) but i stay in philly several weeks or More every year

hes done everything from perfected myleft hook & philly style to actually telling me how to catch ground hogs

if any of you r ever in philly u can sign a Medical waver and pay 20$ to train there for a day and maybe meetJoe if hes there and almost definatlly meet marvis ...also an old Man named VaL is there everyday fro noon to 7

Thread Information