Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Contender bullsh*t!

iv never seen this show, anyway of watching or downloading it on the net?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i liked the show...guess im alone in this one

GO PETER!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77

GO PETER!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Me and you too bud. I don't care if the boxing purists hated I personally loved it. To me it was the best reality tv show of all time, in fact I can't think of a better series I have watched since V was on when I was a kid.

So what if they carefully edited it, that was to make it more dramatic, worked for me :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Thank christ!

I thought that I was in the minority with my feelings on that turd of a reality show. I hated it myself...from start to finish...in fact...I never even finished it.
    I enjoyed the episode's, But lack of fight footage and bad decisions packs the tent for me.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

GO PETER!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Me and you too bud. I don't care if the boxing purists hated I personally loved it. To me it was the best reality tv show of all time, in fact I can't think of a better series I have watched since V was on when I was a kid.

So what if they carefully edited it, that was to make it more dramatic, worked for me :P
    yeah, gotta luv the drama
    It was cool for me, because SRL and Rocky were the 2 superstars that inspired me to take up boxing...
    i was pretty fookin impressed to say the least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked it because I hadnt been able to watch boxing on TV for a real long time. Plus the show got me back interested in boxing. Which was the main goal of the show to begin with was to bring new people to the sport of boxing, and trying to show a side of the boxers outside of the ring.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GO PETER!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was cool for me, because SRL and Rocky were the 2 superstars that inspired me to take up boxing...
    Did it piss you off too when Ahmed disrespected SRL??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok what i mean by scripted is that everything that goes on in the house and everything they say is all bullshit and stallone and srl obviously had scripts during the fights. I dont think Bonsante would of said that many cliches all the time. The thing that shits me the most is that Alfonso lost to manfredo the second time but from the highlights i could of scored the fight for Alfonso. The highlights make it impossible to see what really happens.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney

GO PETER!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Did it piss you off too when Ahmed disrespected SRL??
    yeah, and i was glad the prick got beat up twice by smaller guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Ok what i mean by scripted is that everything that goes on in the house and everything they say is all bullshit and stallone and srl obviously had scripts during the fights. I dont think Bonsante would of said that many cliches all the time. The thing that shits me the most is that Alfonso lost to manfredo the second time but from the highlights i could of scored the fight for Alfonso. The highlights make it impossible to see what really happens.
    That is the thing that I really did not like about the show. They way they edited the fights made the fights really hard to judge at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck judging the fights. I enjoyed the show. It was the bomb.

The Contender was a way for regular people to get into boxing. The sport itself is dying. Think of it as one last chance to bring it back into the mainstream. Don't whine like a girl because it was edited. Theres plenty of non-edited boxing for you to blow your load on.

I probly would have liked non-edited matches better, but it didn't take away anything from the show. I enjoyed all the crazy ass camera angles, the Hans Zimmer score, and the final round in which everything depended on. It made it look as if the person you were routing for had an equal chance at the final round, even if he was getting his ass handed to him the entire fight.

Regular people who don't know shit about boxing call it boring. The Contender gave the average person Gatti/Ward style fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger J
    F*** judging the fights. I enjoyed the show. It was the bomb.

The Contender was a way for regular people to get into boxing. The sport itself is dying. Think of it as one last chance to bring it back into the mainstream. Don't whine like a girl because it was edited. Theres plenty of non-edited boxing for you to blow your load on.

I probly would have liked non-edited matches better, but it didn't take away anything from the show. I enjoyed all the crazy a** camera angles, the Hans Zimmer score, and the final round in which everything depended on. It made it look as if the person you were routing for had an equal chance at the final round, even if he was getting his a** handed to him the entire fight.

Regular people who don't know S*** about boxing call it boring. The Contender gave the average person Gatti/Ward style fights.
    Calm down. I did not say that I didnt like the show or that it took anything away from the shos. I liked learning about the boxers and their lives. That is what made it so interesting. I personally did not like watching the edited fights. I would have preferred watching the fights in full, and I like all of the little things that happen during the fight not just the punching, the feinting, head and foot movements, etc. I understand that the show was not geared toward the purist boxing fans, but more towards getting nonfans interested in the sport again.

And not all of us are able to watch current fights on TV. The only way I get to watch any fights is to buy it or download it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah me too
    and occasionally on german television

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger J
    F*** judging the fights. I enjoyed the show. It was the bomb.

I probly would have liked non-edited matches better, but it didn't take away anything from the show. I enjoyed all the crazy a** camera angles, the Hans Zimmer score, and the final round in which everything depended on. It made it look as if the person you were routing for had an equal chance at the final round, even if he was getting his a** handed to him the entire fight.

Regular people who don't know S*** about boxing call it boring. The Contender gave the average person Gatti/Ward style fights.
    Calm down. I did not say that I didnt like the show or that it took anything away from the shos. I liked learning about the boxers and their lives. That is what made it so interesting. I personally did not like watching the edited fights. I would have preferred watching the fights in full, and I like all of the little things that happen during the fight not just the punching, the feinting, head and foot movements, etc. I understand that the show was not geared toward the purist boxing fans, but more towards getting nonfans interested in the sport again.

And not all of us are able to watch current fights on TV. The only way I get to watch any fights is to buy it or download it.
    I never said I was able to watch current fights on TV. I have to download them too, or catch them on TSN a week after they air (I live in Canada). The last live fight I saw on a TV screen was Manfredo vs. Sergio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It got my Girlfriend into boxing so im happy
    Thats cricket

Thread Information