Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fernando Vargas - Great?

Fernando Vargas - Great? :P

I see many people put Fernando Vargas down.

I admit I am a fan of his, I like his style, he looks the part, and he is your typical "say what he feels like" boxer, who can get alot of peoples tails up. But if he wasnt like that....it just wouldnt be Vargas, would it?

Many people will argue he choked at his career defining fights, maybe, but if I was a boxer I wouldnt be too down harted having Oscar de La Hoya, Felix Trinindad and Shane Moseley as my own losses in a 29 fight career, which still has a lot to give.

To have names as Raul Marquez, Ike Quartey and possibly the P4P best in World Boxing today, Ronald "Winky "Wright, some credit is deserved.

I think a great point to Vargas, is that he fight anyone who wants to get in the ring with him. He is afraid of no-one, he doesnt duck and dodge nobody. How many other so called P4P greats today do this, they are more bothered about fighting second rate opponents to keep there Loss record to "0".

He also has been a World Champion, I know its easier to get your hands on these days, but it is still why boxers box. To become the very best, and as a World Champion in most cases, you have to be uop there with them.

You cant argue either that Vargas isnt value for money. Again how many supposedly P4P top boxers today, have put on value for money matches, like Vargas has. The guy has been in wars, and fights that for me that will go down in history as being some of the best wars ever.

He has heart, ability, desire, he has alot more than many, and for me, his name will go down in history for what he has done in his career.

He still has a lot to give, and it wouldnt surprise me if he has another World Title somewhere down the line.

So in conclusion, for me....

Fernando Vargas = Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fernando Vargas - Great?

Agree to disagree before we even start disagreeing...then again...we already do.

I don't think that the man's great in anyway shape or form.

He's good against 2nd tier opponents...but when he steps up he get's spanked.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronald Wright isnt second tier, nor Ike, well not in my opinion.

But maybe I am biased cuz I like Vargas, I just feel he doesnt get all the praise he deserves.

Do you think he would beat Mayorga?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he would murder mayorga
    but i dont think hes great nor ever will be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    Ronald Wright isnt second tier, nor Ike, well not in my opinion.

But maybe I am biased cuz I like Vargas, I just feel he doesnt get all the praise he deserves.

Do you think he would beat Mayorga?!
    I don't think that he beat Wright...nor do many others.

As for Mayorga...it's hard for me to say...boxing skills yes...5 or 6 years ago...yes...today...not sure.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Trinidad beat De La Hoya, but at the end of the day, on his record he did...

Its all a matter of opinion with some fights, Ive seen many people say Tito did win, and I cant see how?

But thats another story

Thread Information