Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DUVA TO KLITSCHKO: CONGRATULATIONS, NOW LET’S GET IT ON WITH A PETER REMATCH

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DUVA TO KLITSCHKO: CONGRATULATIONS, NOW LET’S GET IT ON WITH A PETER REMATCH

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Eh....let's give Peter a little bit of time He's not quite ready yet. He will be though. Onvce he learns how to move his head and move in without coming squared up then I think he has the tools to beat Klitschko. I mean he ate Klit's right hand the whole fight and was never really in danger of going down until round 12. He has a chin and he has a ton of heart, just needs to work on the fundamentals. He's very raw right now, just gotta cook him a little bit

And man, what happened to the bandwagon? I mean you wouldn't think people would have abandoned him like this, I mean he lost a competitive fight against the best heavy in the world and knocked him down 3 times. Why are people all the sudden so down on him?
    agreed. peter does need more time....my only problem with this is that since the wlad fight he has shown little in the way of any real improvements. we can give him more time but we need to see real progress in the next few fights...

peter should not fight wlad again at this stage, he needs at least a year to try and get the skills and the strategy to improve upon last time. he did okay but he got 3 knockdowns and still lost on points. he needs to work....he can potentially beat wlad in the future...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DUVA TO KLITSCHKO: CONGRATULATIONS, NOW LET’S GET IT ON WITH A PETER REMATCH

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Eh....let's give Peter a little bit of time He's not quite ready yet. He will be though. Onvce he learns how to move his head and move in without coming squared up then I think he has the tools to beat Klitschko. I mean he ate Klit's right hand the whole fight and was never really in danger of going down until round 12. He has a chin and he has a ton of heart, just needs to work on the fundamentals. He's very raw right now, just gotta cook him a little bit

And man, what happened to the bandwagon? I mean you wouldn't think people would have abandoned him like this, I mean he lost a competitive fight against the best heavy in the world and knocked him down 3 times. Why are people all the sudden so down on him?
    agreed. peter does need more time....my only problem with this is that since the wlad fight he has shown little in the way of any real improvements. we can give him more time but we need to see real progress in the next few fights...

peter should not fight wlad again at this stage, he needs at least a year to try and get the skills and the strategy to improve upon last time. he did okay but he got 3 knockdowns and still lost on points. he needs to work....he can potentially beat wlad in the future...
    Yup. I actually like what he's doing now in laying low but I wish he was fighting more often. Bu I pretty much agree with everything. And I would think it would take more then a year but I do think if he gets a new corner the process would be sped up greatly

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree completely, amat....he definately should be fighting this class of opponent on a more regular basis...

he needs to work on his movement, he is too static....a sitting target for wlads jab, if you will....

a change in corner teams would be great. i like peter and im sure he can get into contention again.

peter would be interesting against any of the champs, wlad would give him the biggest problems so stay away from him for now....but to step up against one of the others before too long, that would be good...

valuev: peter could be just bizarre!!!

El Kabong Guest

I thought promoters were supposed to help out their clients....seems to me Duva wants Sam Peter to have a nice looong retierment

Thread Information