Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Law School

Does anyone have any advice? What if someone wants to consider getting into decent law school and might score low on the LSAT test, but has a whole 3.75 as a GPA?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Law School

1, Is there a specific law school you trying to get into?

2, And when you say scored low, how low?

3, What's this got to do with boxing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has nothing to do with boxing. I just thought I'd ask. Maybe some law school in NY.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    It has nothing to do with boxing. I just thought I'd ask. Maybe some law school in NY.
    I don't see why you should have a problem getting in. A 3.75 GPA is impressive. Your whole school history is usually reviewed. It's not only based on one test. You didn't completely embarrass yourself on the test did you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone have any advice? What if someone wants to consider getting into decent law school and might score low on the LSAT test, but has a whole 3.75 as a GPA?
    retake the LSAT. The closest you can land with a score in the mid 150's and a 3.75 GPA is probably, Univ of Minnesota and the Univ of Arizona. But you better be handicap or severely impoverished.

Get the Powerscore Logic Reasoning Bible, and the Powerscore Games. Hit these books night in and night out, then tackle practice LSATS.

But do not ever think that you can with surety land a top 30 Law School. You might be able to squeeze in on a wait list, but that with be a long shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably NY Law School or Touro, but those are 3rd tiers. He will have big loans and low job prospects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i went to law school and now work as an attorney in new york state.........my advice would be to take a training course for the LSAT before taking it.....they will give you good test tips and practice exams with time limits to prepare you..........

also GPA is important but if you score high on the LSAT and your GPA is mediocre you still have a good chance to get into a good school........

my first job out of school sucked but i quickly found a better gig and have been at the same job almost 6 yrs now and doing very well............after you have had a job or two it really doesnt matter where ou went to school or what your GPA is....as long as you perform well and dont burn any bridges you'll find better gigs and work your way up...you'll start meeting people and gaining professional contacts and opening up doors you never dreamed were there............the real world is based more on your people skills and personality versus what your GPA overall is or where your degree is from.....the people that are really successful are the ones that know how to treat people and that conduxt themselves in an impressive fashion...

my grades and LSAT score were not much better than average..but i have a good presence and a good personality and treat people well basically( i honestly think that having an athletic background really helps in this realm--helsp give your an aura of confidence and self assuredness that employers and colleagues like) and its helped me to be far more successful than folks i went to school with that had high GPA's but who cant relate to people and arent likeable.........

good luck to you................

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely retake the LSAT. It's not like college where they're somewhat serious about the whole "it's just one thing we consider in our holistic review of your application package" -- it's easily the most important piece.

Your GPA is good enought to get in anywhere with a high enough LSAT score (I went to HLS with a 3.78, and now work for a large firm in SF), but if you're not in at least the low to mid-160s, you may have trouble getting in anywhere worth the money even with a 4.0. (by worth the money, i mean that if you're talking about paying $100,000-$150,000 for more education, it had better be from a school that more or less guarantees you work upon graduation.)

Personally, I think the prep classes are a waste of time and money--my method was to take pretty much all of the available real tests (you can get them from the lsac website if you haven't already) under real time conditions. My wife (whom I met at law school) took a Kaplan course though, and insists that it helped her (though I question whether she wouldn't have done just as well practicing on her own).

Oh yeah, Go Zahir Raheem!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wish I lived in the states I'm studying Law in England and finding a job is a bitch even if you have the highest grades possible!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where you at? if the uni isnt in the top 10 it is gonna be hard to get a decent law placement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Wish I lived in the states I'm studying Law in England and finding a job is a bitch even if you have the highest grades possible!!!
    law is much more "noble" in England.

In America its all about oppressing and squeezing money out of the public

I had a custody battle with my wife, and I had to fire my lawyer. The fees was too high, and I wasn't getting much for it. I took on the case myself, and got it settled favorably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    i went to law school and now work as an attorney in new york state.........my advice would be to take a training course for the LSAT before taking it.....they will give you good test tips and practice exams with time limits to prepare you..........

also GPA is important but if you score high on the LSAT and your GPA is mediocre you still have a good chance to get into a good school........

my first job out of school sucked but i quickly found a better gig and have been at the same job almost 6 yrs now and doing very well............after you have had a job or two it really doesnt matter where ou went to school or what your GPA is....as long as you perform well and dont burn any bridges you'll find better gigs and work your way up...you'll start meeting people and gaining professional contacts and opening up doors you never dreamed were there............the real world is based more on your people skills and personality versus what your GPA overall is or where your degree is from.....the people that are really successful are the ones that know how to treat people and that conduxt themselves in an impressive fashion...

my grades and LSAT score were not much better than average..but i have a good presence and a good personality and treat people well basically( i honestly think that having an athletic background really helps in this realm--helsp give your an aura of confidence and self assuredness that employers and colleagues like) and its helped me to be far more successful than folks i went to school with that had high GPA's but who cant relate to people and arent likeable.........

good luck to you................
    do you practice in the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I actually have not taken the LSAT yet. I was just weighing options. What I did do was take the practice exam and I stunk it up, but then again it was the first try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd also suggest working as a paralegal perhaps. I worked as a paralegal one summer and it was enough to make me realize this aint the ishhh i want to be doing. I wanted to be an agent and represent talent so I just ended up working in the Entertainment Industry right out of college. I just made several contacts, networks, connections etc to get to where I am. That's what its all about unfortunately(who you know). You know thats how this country operates. Look at our damn President haahha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I aint passed the bar but I know a lil bit, enough to know you are illegally searchin my sh*t!"- Jay-Z

Thread Information