User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lessons learned: Wladimir Klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Lessons learned: Wladimir Klitschko

Anyone notice at the end of the 4th round Wlad was in his corner taking advice from Manny and Manny said something about Byrd's strategy "It's the same thing Sam Peter was doing" and before he could finish the sentence Wlad said "I know, I saw it" the 5th round goes on BANG first knockdown...You think Wlad and Manny are really starting to work well together

In my opinion the fact that Wlad knew what Manny wanted him to do without Manny telling him is the biggest thing to take away from that fight, I was very proud of my boy Wlad, he did a great job especially once he had Byrd hurt in the 5th he didn't sell out going for the KO he took his time but was going to land power shots anyways. He showed killer instinct but with a conscious of what can happen if you can't KO the guy right then and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lessons learned: Wladimir Klitschko

yeah, i give Wlad props...he's a great fighter

El Kabong Guest

I also would like to ask what would be the best fight for Wlad to get next?

Title holders are currently occupied
    Rahman-Maskaev then Rahman-Toney II
    Valuev-Beck
    Lyakhovich-Brewster II

Contenders
    TUBBY...I mean Toney
    Brock-Timur Ibrigamov
    Sultan Ibrigamov
    Shannon Briggs
    Sam Peter II
    Joe Mesi
    John Ruiz (honestly a decent match up for Wlad and his new style, Ruiz would get battered unmercifully though, I'd pay big to watch it!!!)
    Luan Krasniqi
    Sinan Samil Sam
    Ruslan Chagaev
    Danny Williams
    Jameel McCline II
    Andrew Golota

Honestly I think the Brock fight makes the most sense if he wins vs Timur. And in second place is James Toney because if they fight and Wlad WILL stop Toney no doubt in my mind, he'll make Rahman, Ruiz, Holyfield, and Guinn look HORRIBLE (though it's easy to make Guinn look bad)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to see him fight luan krasniqi
    i think he will really give him a good fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People have been saying the next big thing for 10 years now.First Purity burst his bubble, then Sanders and Brewster.

But Kudos to Wlad, he has carried on, and now once again is in position to be considered the #1 contender at Heavyweight.

He now has perhaps his final opportunity to break though, and become a dominant World Champion. Time to spit get off the pot, he has everything in place this time to achieve dominance, there can be no excuses this time IMO.

El Kabong Guest

Well as we will recall, Lennox had his upsets too, and right at 30 years of age Manny Steward stepped in to help guide him to dominance. Manny is like 9-2 in heavyweight title fights as a trainer, 1 being the loss to Rahman and 2 being the loss to Brewster. I think Wlad can and will avenge that loss.

I think James Toney is the main peice for Wlad to begin to unify the titles. Toney has no power, and only a good defense, he doesn't train hard obviously and he drew with one champ and COULD have claimed the WBA belt if it wasn't for the roids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Anyone notice at the end of the 4th round Wlad was in his corner taking advice from Manny and Manny said something about Byrd's strategy "It's the same thing Sam Peter was doing" and before he could finish the sentence Wlad said "I know, I saw it" the 5th round goes on BANG first knockdown...You think Wlad and Manny are really starting to work well together

In my opinion the fact that Wlad knew what Manny wanted him to do without Manny telling him is the biggest thing to take away from that fight, I was very proud of my boy Wlad, he did a great job especially once he had Byrd hurt in the 5th he didn't sell out going for the KO he took his time but was going to land power shots anyways. He showed killer instinct but with a conscious of what can happen if you can't KO the guy right then and there.

nice post man. i, also am a big klisthcko fan, and i was very happy with the fight. hopefully wlad wont waste time unifing the titles!

Thread Information