Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Eubank out of order for allowing the Download of the Watson fight..?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Eubank out of order for allowing the Download of the Watson fight..?

Over at http://www.chriseubank.com you can get it for ten squid
    Watson is apparantley cool with it and they are to split the money gained.
    Out of order or what?...(was a cracking fight regardless of the outcome)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Eubank out of order for allowing the Download of the Watson fight..?

he is seriously skint isn't he.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Eubank out of order for allowing the Download of the Watson fight..?

I would never want to see it... not for a tenner... not for free...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't want to see it either, but as long as Watson's cool with it and gets a fair cut we can't complain. After all, until the last two rounds it was possibly one of Watson's best performances, and against a prime Eubank before this fight changed him.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Wouldn't want to see it either, but as long as Watson's cool with it and gets a fair cut we can't complain. After all, until the last two rounds it was possibly one of Watson's best performances, and against a prime Eubank before this fight changed him.
    agreed and if Watson is getting some of the dosh why not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I would never want to see it... not for a tenner... not for free...
    Same here.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's lining Watsons pockets then it's a good thing surely.
    Never seen a more ferocious uppercut in all my life (Eubanks after he got up )..
    And it was a f*cking belter of a tear-up.
    Don't care what anyone says....At the end of the day we all crave fights of that style...
    That (for me) is what pugilism is all about.
    They are fighters end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would want to see it, infact its my duty to see it because i'm a eubank fan.....

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just said this on the main board ....
    Watson maybe 18/24 months prior to this fight was rapidly becoming mine and my older brothers fave uk fighter purely because he actually boxed nice and tidy and would think nothing of diving neck deep into the trenches.
    He was entertainment and had the heart of a Lion.
    Respect that man so so much...
    When you get two fighters who want it so bad that that they will literally fight to the death is nothing new at all,look back at Lyle/Foreman or Hagler/hearns or Ali/Frazier when they both near on collapsed on their respective stools at the end for proof
    Some of Graziano and Tony Zales fights were fierce to say the least.
    That fight was a throw back to the old days

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubanks and Watson are good freinds Im sure
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank on the bbc website

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4947848.stm

Former world champion Chris Eubank has defended his decision to charge fans to watch his infamous fight which left Michael Watson with brain damage.

He has launched a website featuring footage of the WBO super middleweight bout that has not been seen since 1991.

"It is the greatest performance of his life and the greatest performance of my life," Eubank told BBC Radio Five Live.

"There is an agreement I give Michael 50% of the proceeds and we are fully in agreement the fight should be shown."

Poignant end to Watson's journey

Watson collapsed after the fight was stopped in the 12th round, spent 40 days in a coma and had six operations to remove a blood clot on his brain.

Despite being told he would never walk again, Watson has since become an inspirational figure, completing the London Marathon and raising thousands for charity.

Fourteen million viewers saw the fight on ITV, which had not been seen in full until a news conference on Tuesday.

"I said to Michael, 'how do you feel about the fight and the fact it's never been acknowledged?' said Eubank.

"And he said, 'it's wrong'. The public have been deprived of this contest for long enough.

"I take full responsibility for what happened on that night and I've been with him from the time it happened."

If you put it this way it seems allright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I in no way begrudge Watson the money but...

There is something very very wrong in watching a fight, in which you know the loser is going to get very badly hurt.

But then I like a sport, where the idea is to knock your opponent out, so perhaps I should get off my

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is fencing with fists... thats why the rules say "in the event of a knock down" or "incase of a knock down" the goal is to outpoint your opponent.

Thread Information