Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sturm, Storm, Sterm, Stirm, Starm, Styrm

Why isn't this guy's name being mentioned more often? Is he next in line for a title shot after Taylor-Winky?

Can he drop down to 154, and demand a rematch with ODH, or possibly fight Mayorga?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sturm, Storm, Sterm, Stirm, Starm, Styrm

Winky and Taylor would beat Sturm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised Wacko has not posted here yet!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont know if hes next in line
    but i think its bette rfor him to find some other strong opponents first

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO, he's a bit scared. How else can you explain not making anything of his win over DLH? Sure he was robbed but everyone knew that, even the most hardcore DLH fans, and that means a whole lot of people.. In other words, Sturm could have capitalized on that performance and rebounded with another big fight. Instead...He hasn't done shit. NOt jack shit, since DLH.. Now he's asking the WBA to investigate whether they can somehow give him the WBA from TAylor without him having to fight anyone.. That sucks, imo.. and it's about time he put up, or just retire. Harsh as it sounds, and I know he has his fans here, but Id like to here their opinion on why he hasn't fought anyone or even challenged anyone since DLh. I know he had an offer to fight Taylor in his hometown and turned it down, kind of ironic that he is now trying to get him stripped.. Ironic, or chickenshit, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And now Sturm moaning about the World Title!

GRRRRRRR!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i akikways thought it was strum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    i akikways thought it was strum
    Yes he is the action of a guitar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Surprised Wacko has not posted here yet!!
    Shat babe...you knew it was comin.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMix27
    Why isn't this guy's name being mentioned more often? Is he next in line for a title shot after Taylor-Winky?
    If I were Sturm & I saw the Hopkins Taylor fight & the outcomes of each...I wouldn't fight Wright or Taylor in the U.S. ...there's just no way...he beat Oscar...& I'm an Oscar fan who can admit it...I'm also a huge Sturm fan. It wouldn't surprise me if he never fought stateside again...he was really really sore about that shat...& I don't blame him...the revenue from the Hopkins Oscar fight took his belt...not Oscar...& that's a gotdam crime.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMix27
    Can he drop down to 154, and demand a rematch with ODH, or possibly fight Mayorga?
    He's too big to drop to 154 & what's the point...he's been a mid or there around his entire career. I wouldn't rematch Oscar...no point. We all saw & know the outcome. Mayorga? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    People talk defeat a bit too easy regarding fighters that they know so little about. Taylor & Sturm fought in the ams & also in the Olympics. Sturm beat Taylor in the ams & Taylor beat Sturm in the Olympics...it aint that simple.

Wright? Hard to say...but I lean towards Sturm beating Hopkins when talks were bouncing around regarding a match between the two.

Sturm sets a blistering pace & he's got one hell of a jab. It's hard to get around it all night long. Make an effort to find some of his old fights...you'll be impressed.

The Masoe fight was pretty good...but Sturm was coming off of a layoff from a hand injury...& I thought that he looked much better against Sendra, Oscar, Cherifi, Schenk, & Vecchio.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    IMO, he's a bit scared. How else can you explain not making anything of his win over DLH? Sure he was robbed but everyone knew that, even the most hardcore DLH fans, and that means a whole lot of people.. In other words, Sturm could have capitalized on that performance and rebounded with another big fight. Instead...He hasn't done S***. NOt jack S***, since DLH.. Now he's asking the WBA to investigate whether they can somehow give him the WBA from TAylor without him having to fight anyone.. That sucks, imo.. and it's about time he put up, or just retire. Harsh as it sounds, and I know he has his fans here, but Id like to here their opinion on why he hasn't fought anyone or even challenged anyone since DLh. I know he had an offer to fight Taylor in his hometown and turned it down, kind of ironic that he is now trying to get him stripped.. Ironic, or chickenshit, imo.
    Harsh...again...you have to look at the bigger picture. He's been bumped from possible fights several times...he's beaten & ko'd several names after Oscar...Masoe was no easy nut to crack & he was the champ.

Again...the only reason that I can see for what he's done regarding Taylor is to force the fight. Again...would you fight him in his hometown after what happened? Don't think so. I know I wouldn't.

There's nothing chicken shat about Sturm. He took the biggest step up in his career ever after running undefeated in 20 some odd fights to fight argueably one the greatest fighter of our decade. Takes balls to do so...but again...everyone is entitled to an opinion...I just hate to see people condemn a fighter when they don't know 100% of the facts or 80% of the talent that he has beaten...

...that wasn't directed @ you p4pking...it's a broad statement that shouldn't be taken personally.

Everyone rips on Sturm after only seeing 2-3 fights...& that's as wack as Wacko.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But how else are we supposed to see him fight if he doesn't fight anyone known and in Germany? I know I was being harsh on him and obviously he is young and can still be great, but this certainly isn't the way to start. I guess I know what you mean about fighting TAylor after the HOpkins match.. But I didn't hear him calling out Hopkins before that... And it's not exactly like Taylor can fight him in his backyard.. Germany.. lol. If Sturm doesnt want to fight Taylor in the states then he can't just ask for one of his belts to be stripped, because he is the one who turned down the offer, and he never made a better one. Pretty simple imo. Also beating DLH took some balls sure but really, he was the bigger man and obviously made alot of money and gained all of his status from that fight, if anything it was a no brainer for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But how else are we supposed to see him fight if he doesn't fight anyone known and in Germany?
    You do the research before condemning the fighter.

Sturm has beaten several names that were well known credible middle fighters...

I know I was being harsh on him and obviously he is young and can still be great, but this certainly isn't the way to start. I guess I know what you mean about fighting TAylor after the HOpkins match.. But I didn't hear him calling out Hopkins before that...
    He was an option to fight both Tito & Hopkins.

And it's not exactly like Taylor can fight him in his backyard.. Germany.. lol. If Sturm doesnt want to fight Taylor in the states then he can't just ask for one of his belts to be stripped, because he is the one who turned down the offer, and he never made a better one. Pretty simple imo.
    That snake bites on both ends...why Americans & Brits always say shat like that...& I'm a Yank...is beyond me.

All the great champions of late fight only in the U.S. ...so again...that snake bites on both ends.

Also beating DLH took some balls sure but really, he was the bigger man and obviously made alot of money and gained all of his status from that fight, if anything it was a no brainer for him.
    But he beat Oscar & he lost...titles do mean something to the fighters that value them.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar eeked that fight out while in terrible shape with no prep..sturn is highly overrated--taylor would stretch him and winky would embarass him

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it was a close fight at 160 and that DLH was extremely out of shape, his speed was only there for the first half and he didn't move as well as he usually does, so i think that a focused DLH at 154 would pull a UD out or even maybe stop him early, mainly judging by the first round, Sturm seemed to be hurt at the end of the round. Not badly but hurt none the less. But still I think Sturm could beat the likes of Taylor, he has better skills and a sharper defense than Taylor, they both have good jabs but Sturm has better speed and side movement. He's in the top 3 at 160.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    Which is the reason Sturm turned the fight with Taylor down

El Kabong Guest

Sturm will beat Abraham...his defense and 1-2 are too good for Arthur. Taylor has a better pro style though

Thread Information