Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JERMAIN TAYLOR TEMPORARILY NO LONGER WBA CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Just a bunch of politics going on. I respect JT, he stood in with bernard for 24 rounds, got the better of bhop in many of those, and he did it with a lame trainer like pat burns. Pat is a great amatuer trainer, but he doesnt have a clue in the pros. Great move by camp taylor to get manny sterwart, smart! Now winky has trouble on his hands, because taylor will be using his jab to perfection to set up the other "power" combos to take wright out. And might I add that JT's jab has KO power also. JT proved by getting hit on the button numerous times by Bhop that he's got a chin. I think Taylors gonna be real dangerous when manny gets done with him. Also, JT wants to give the people what they want. He is the peoples champion. His promoter wanted to take the easy road, but JT threw a damn fit on them. He said, winky wants me, and I want him! They tried to tell JT, take the easy fights for a while. This just made Taylor frustrated because he doesnt want to fight pawns, he wants the best that the middleweights can offer. Some people after the hopkins fights had the wrong idea about jermaine. He is a gentleman who respects all people. He also dodges no-one which sturm will find out after JT KO's winky wright. The problem with the other fighters is that they dont bring the "potential" KO power that taylor does. You get caught looking away with JT and "?BAM?" , you could be on your back looking up. Hopkins was cautious, very cautious. He got caught a time or two and he didnt like the power he felt. JT nearly KO'd him with a jab in the second fight. With manny as the trainer, its looking like JT could be champ for a long time. As far as the belt stripping going on, JT aint worried about that, he knows it takes more than a belt around your waste to make you champion.
    Apparently you missed Hopkins beating Taylor around the ring & him almost getting stopped in their first fight...it was when Taylor was be pressed backwards from about the 10th on.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Just a bunch of politics going on. I respect JT, he stood in with bernard for 24 rounds, got the better of bhop in many of those, and he did it with a lame trainer like pat burns. Pat is a great amatuer trainer, but he doesnt have a clue in the pros. Great move by camp taylor to get manny sterwart, smart! Now winky has trouble on his hands, because taylor will be using his jab to perfection to set up the other "power" combos to take wright out. And might I add that JT's jab has KO power also. JT proved by getting hit on the button numerous times by Bhop that he's got a chin. I think Taylors gonna be real dangerous when manny gets done with him. Also, JT wants to give the people what they want. He is the peoples champion. His promoter wanted to take the easy road, but JT threw a damn fit on them. He said, winky wants me, and I want him! They tried to tell JT, take the easy fights for a while. This just made Taylor frustrated because he doesnt want to fight pawns, he wants the best that the middleweights can offer. Some people after the hopkins fights had the wrong idea about jermaine. He is a gentleman who respects all people. He also dodges no-one which sturm will find out after JT KO's winky wright. The problem with the other fighters is that they dont bring the "potential" KO power that taylor does. You get caught looking away with JT and "?BAM?" , you could be on your back looking up. Hopkins was cautious, very cautious. He got caught a time or two and he didnt like the power he felt. JT nearly KO'd him with a jab in the second fight. With manny as the trainer, its looking like JT could be champ for a long time. As far as the belt stripping going on, JT aint worried about that, he knows it takes more than a belt around your waste to make you champion.
    Apparently you missed Hopkins beating Taylor around the ring & him almost getting stopped in their first fight...it was when Taylor was be pressed backwards from about the 10th on.

Looking back at it now I would liked to have seen BHop walk away with the win in their 1st fight simply because he finished like a champion... but in the rematch I believe there was a changing of the guard. We just gotta agree to disagree on this one

Great point jman, Taylor has shown us his character by stepping up to fight Winky when advised against it. So many boxers these days hide behind their promoters ie. Cotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the first fight with bhop, taylor had to learn the hard way. I will say, I've watched the fights many times, I have never seen either boxer seriously hurt or in trouble. I think some of JT's retreating was pat burns fault. He in no way had JT prepared for either fight. I am glad to see the addition of manny sterwart to JT's corner. Hopefully, he'll teach jermaine how to actually use his skills to take his opponent out and not the crap that burns yells like, ok jermaine your scoring, keep touching him and scoring, you did good that round JT, you scored a lot of points. JT would say, I want to ko someone and pat would reply, No JT, you just score points. Thats why manny made the comment about JT being amatuerish. Screw points, in the middleweight division, you need to be taking somebody down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got tickets...i better get a good fight for all belts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BHOP won first fight easily but got robbed by judges what a shame,second time around Taylor won. Winky will beat Taylor by UD and we will have new champion

Thread Information