Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MMA bigger than Boxing?

I've actually seen quite a bit of MMA on TV. King of the Cage is being played regularily, and Spike is consistantly playing TUF, UFC Unleashed, UFC All Access, and Ultimate Fight Nights.

Quick tidbit on the brutality aspect:

A lot of idiots find MMA to be brutal and dangerous. Moreso than boxing. However, the reality of it is that boxing is a far more dangerous sport, mainly because you have less options. In MMA, you don't have to stand for 12 rounds and throw punches at one and other. If you feel you're getting hurt bad by punches, you can try and take the fight to the ground, throw kicks, knees, clinche, etc.

In boxing, everything is primarily focused on your head. If you compared a retired boxer to a retired MMAer, the odds are the boxer would have suffered more damage to his head throughout his career, thus causing damage to his brain.

Boxers get hit by 80 huge bombs in every fight. MMAers get hit by, at the most, 80 huge bombs in their entire career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger J
    I've actually seen quite a bit of MMA on TV. King of the Cage is being played regularily, and Spike is consistantly playing TUF, UFC Unleashed, UFC All Access, and Ultimate Fight Nights.

Quick tidbit on the brutality aspect:

A lot of idiots find MMA to be brutal and dangerous. Moreso than boxing. However, the reality of it is that boxing is a far more dangerous sport, mainly because you have less options. In MMA, you don't have to stand for 12 rounds and throw punches at one and other. If you feel you're getting hurt bad by punches, you can try and take the fight to the ground, throw kicks, knees, clinche, etc.

In boxing, everything is primarily focused on your head. If you compared a retired boxer to a retired MMAer, the odds are the boxer would have suffered more damage to his head throughout his career, thus causing damage to his brain.

Boxers get hit by 80 huge bombs in every fight. MMAers get hit by, at the most, 80 huge bombs in their entire career.
    I agree with the brutality issue, but I was getting more at what the networks will allow on TV. As for Spike, where I live, Spike is a cable network, being that you have to pay for it. I've never seen MMA on ABC, NBC, FOX, or CBS. I've seen boxing on most of them, which everyone gets those stations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Took the words right out of my mouf.
    Tell me about it bro that was the easiest post I have ever answered
    I have trained in both and its funny to read some of this crap sometimes I dont mind answering the popularity aspect and come to terms with it but its these idiotic posts that kill me..

its like remove head from a** then post!!!!
    Well your the fucking idiot on a boxing website with your gay mate jtrock ( jock strap) trying to convince us that MMA is bigger than boxing.
    Any one will tell that your talking crap
    some UFC fights are very entertaining but boxing is a skilled sport.
    Any UFC ive watched it was just a mill up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    I have trained in both and its funny to read some of this crap sometimes I dont mind answering the popularity aspect and come to terms with it but its these idiotic posts that kill me..

Well your the fucking idiot on a boxing website with your gay mate jtrock ( jock strap) trying to convince us that MMA is bigger than boxing.
    Proof that MMA isnt bigger then boxing is what boxers get paid compared to MMA fighters, whens the last time you heard of an MMA fighter getting paid 20 million dollars for one fight?
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well your the F****** idiot on a boxing website with your gay mate jtrock ( jock strap) trying to convince us that MMA is bigger than boxing.
    Larry, he wasn't arguing the fact that MMA is bigger, and if you look through out this thread I think almost everyone is in agreement that Boxing is bigger. All that most people are saying is that MMA is growing fast and it possibly could become equal or bigger. Now the comment about a boxer dominating in a MMA event is pretty absurd. These fighters are well versed any several combat disciplines. They all train in boxing. That doesn't make any of them a world champion boxer, but it gives them enough skill to use their other disciplines to dominate the boxer. Not to mention that I think you'd have to agree that "boxing" and fighting with 4 ounce gloves is not the same.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not by a long shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In case you douche bags havent been reading the entire thread, we covered all those aspects.

So I'll say it once more:

Boxing = Bigger, but plummeting

MMA = Smaller, but rising

Pride's Cro Cop and Fedor are raking in over a million for their fights. No 20 mil, but it's getting there.

As popularity increases, so does the cash money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well your the F****** idiot on a boxing website with your gay mate jtrock ( jock strap) trying to convince us that MMA is bigger than boxing.
    please you are a f%#stick plain and simple we agreed to the fact that boxing is still bigger idiot read!!!!!!!!!!!!!its when a english redneck like you posts ignoranly trying to tell us the dynamics of mma is were the argument starts you know nothing so shut the hell up 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please you are a f%#stick plain and simple we agreed to the fact that boxing is still bigger idiot read!!!!!!!!!!!!!its when a english redneck like you posts ignoranly trying to tell us the dynamics of mma is were the argument starts you know nothing so shut the hell up
    Sorry Jock Strap im not english
    Please piss off to another site like www.askmyhole.com/jtrockisaprick
    You wanna talk about Rednecks
    The guy who runs ur country is a complete dope who doesnt know his own name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHA we got an aussie here, you cant insult us coz we bag out our friends and we can just laugh at anything said to us. Probably why we are seen as laidback
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey

HAHAHA we got an aussie here, you cant insult us coz we bag out our friends and we can just laugh at anything said to us. Probably why we are seen as laidback
    Hey man  all the  insults at least for my part are not malacious digs on anyone, they might get someone all cranked up by design but certainly not to be taken personal its all in jest....yes our president is a fool no doubt...glad to here your australian I like you crazy bastards!!!!! I was thinking of moving to australia and opening up a dentist office....I'd be a gazillionaire you guys think rubbing vegamite on your gums and chewing on rocks will keep your teeth clean LOL!!!!!just kidding 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey

Hey man all the insults at least for my part are not malacious digs on anyone, they might get someone all cranked up by design but certainly not to be taken personal its all in jest....yes our president is a fool no doubt...glad to here your australian I like you crazy bastards!!!!! I was thinking of moving to australia and opening up a dentist office....I'd be a gazillionaire you guys think rubbing vegamite on your gums and chewing on rocks will keep your teeth clean LOL!!!!!just kidding
    Like i said mate, insults dont worry me...and it shouldnt worry many other aussies. We get use to it, we dont have that corny american friend attitude where you just say nice shit about each other all the time (seriously...over here that shit sounds gay ). Personally dont like vegemite...its something you have to be fed when your a baby to really like it and i was never a big fan of it. Your president is a fool....but we have a fool of a prime minister who seems to love your president.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what your saying thing like F$%k you, A$$hole,DumbA$$ are the same as saying "Hi! how are you doing?" in some of my social circles, screw the mushy stuff when its time to talk about contact sports forget the pleasentries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah man im not from Oz either.
    went travelling there for a year though
    cool place

Il keep an open mind from now on about MMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah man im not from Oz either.
    went travelling there for a year though
    cool place

Il keep an open mind from now on about MMA

..Where are you from then ?
    I know what your saying thing like F$%k you, A$$hole,DumbA$$ are the same as saying "Hi! how are you doing?" in some of my social circles, screw the mushy stuff when its time to talk about contact sports forget the pleasentries
    Man thats nothing. Saying fuck you to your mates over here is just like normal talk, we bag each other out about anything. Its no holds barred over here pretty much mate
    Hidden Content

Thread Information