175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CounterPunching: right hand counters v. straight left leads

Once again I'll be brief.
    1)By Parrying
    *parry to the inside with the right glove, then drive str right to his chin.
    *cross parry with your left hand, drive the straight to his side
    2)By Slipping
    *slip to the inside and hook to the heart
    *slip inside and drive a str right to the heart.
    *slip to theinside and fire str right to the chin
    *slip inside and cross a right to the chin

Once again, detail of each move will be gladlyprovided, and all the side-step counters will be posted together. Some questions about certain move- "WTF is a cross-parry?"for example-can be foundin earlier posts. I would suggest re-reading the posts on the str right hand and the basicdefenses for example when reading this current cluster of posts, as it all goes together. I tried to highlight parts in each post that would show the relevant connections fromoffense to defense and punching to defending. At least I planned to; if I idn't get at me for explanation.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CounterPunching: right hand counters v. straight left leads

Slipping to the inside ,you would have to watch his right hand very close and have his rear right arm covered and or fully checked with your left.(their left isnt a worry as its already spent and over your shoulder,
    and you would be even more open cross checking their left with yours.So it would pay to practice the next move into saftey while attacking ,Yes?

For a very committed straight left:
    What do you think about pulling your lead foot back behind your rear foot as you check their straight left with your rear right hand ?
    (which gets you also out of reach ,specially if its a lunging shot), maintain contact with your right
    and extend your right foot out to the outside of his left arm and attack over or under his left to suit his reaction to you going there, with either of your arms as you step in further as his left retracts,now your in south stance but up on the outerside of his left arm in saftey and you can attack with both arms but he cant until he moves.(of course you plan for that too and have him on the turn ).
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Covering, or stopping, his right with your own left is a good practice. It should be practiced most every time you slip to the inside. I wonder, though, how legal that would be in amateur boxing? I'm not very familiar with the specifics of the amateur rules..

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would imagine it would be a real fine line between obstruction / wrestling or grappling if you actually held but differnent when pushing an arm into a position;
    for either a reaction from him or to get it somewhere else to create your opening.
    Im not sure
    With amature rules ,you would think not many would care if he on his back or realing from the move, comming off of a leagal punch within the next second or so.

I have always wondered how you would go professionally also if you came over the outside of someones arm and hit him high and low at the same time, liver and temple shot, double hit simultanously moving through exploding the power in two different directions.
    The move is there for the taking but only occasionally like when your stuck on the ropes and you duck and weave out ,right then, you feel his arm follow you and you go for it as he turns to you.

What say ye Ref ?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information