Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do ya think of this fighter?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what do ya think of this fighter?

ya think he has a chance to be something big? he is in the welterweight division but he is 31 yrs old. He is 7-2. 1 loss was crazy cus suppposbly he headbutted the guy, and the other my friend got headbutted n never recovered n got knocked out.

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=235960

he fights friday the 28th here in houston against a guy who is like 8-22. A guy with that kind of expirience would look great on my friends record in my opinion. So be honest and tell me what ya think

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what do ya think of this fighter?

He's 31 years old with a 7-2 record. He's lost to fighters with records of 5-8-3 and 2-9-4. Truthfully I think your friend should find another line of work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 31 with 7-2 record and the two losses coming from two below par fighters, he chances are not that good. At best probably a good club fighter, but good chance of not going above that. The biggest thing going against him is his age. Not many people are going to look his direction with that record. Not to discourage him or you, because you never know. In boxing sometimes its more of who you know and not how good you are.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys suck! you guys are mean hello!!! dont u remember when like a kid in high school says i have this friend who has this problem he's really talking about himself. so he's talking about himself. so be nice! so in the words of WATER BOY: "U CAN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

or in the words of nike, "just do it". or adidas, "impossible is nothing".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was once welterweight champion of themexico back in the early 90's but then stop fighting from like 98-03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately, there are many guys with similar records that are known locally, than retire. End of story. But like posted above, impossible is nothing. Just very improbable
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks all 4 honesty, really appreciate it. The two losses were flukes, the 1st was that he got headbutted, n the guy got a point taken away but my friend didnt recover. The other one i dont get. I wasnt there, They told me the ppl who were there, that my friend hit the guy with a left hook and cut his eye, but seconds later he also headbutted the guy. IN the final round, round 6th, the doctor stopped the fight, and instead of going to the cards the referee gave the fight to the other guy, and said it was a intentional headbutt. The 2nd one seems a little confusing. But tonight he will fight and i will post what happened. O and the 1st guy who beat my friend fought twice with Marteze Logan, Beating him once and losing once, Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    you guys suck! you guys are mean hello!!! dont u remember when like a kid in high school says i have this friend who has this problem he's really talking about himself. so he's talking about himself. so be nice! so in the words of WATER BOY: "U CAN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!"
    lol na im only 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TaxanBaller
    thanks all 4 honesty, really appreciate it. The two losses were flukes, the 1st was that he got headbutted, n the guy got a point taken away but my friend didnt recover. The other one i dont get. I wasnt there, They told me the ppl who were there, that my friend hit the guy with a left hook and cut his eye, but seconds later he also headbutted the guy. IN the final round, round 6th, the doctor stopped the fight, and instead of going to the cards the referee gave the fight to the other guy, and said it was a intentional headbutt. The 2nd one seems a little confusing. But tonight he will fight and i will post what happened. O and the 1st guy who beat my friend fought twice with Marteze Logan, Beating him once and losing once, Lol
    I wasnt trying to be mean in my last post, but your friend has an uphill battle. Good luck to him. Tell him to keep fighting and you never know what can happen.

I am just a little jealous of him. I am the same age and I wish I could take up boxing as more than a spectator. But with going back to college, a wife and 3 kids I got my hands full right now. Besides I am no shape to fight anything right now.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TaxanBaller
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    lol na im only 15.
    haaha i knew that i was just trying to spice it up hahaha. good luck to ya boy tho!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry if i said anything in the wrong way. I didnt take anything offensive, but it is true that he has an uphill battle, thx 4 the luck. He is sparing partners with Juan diaz and Raul Marquez. Thats really whats gets him an edge, since he has a shitty trainer whose gym is the sive of 2 nd a half car garages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be honest, his best days are way, way behind him he has a snow balls chance in hell if he makes any head way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just got back, It was a 4 rounder against http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=60307
    the results arent on boxrec yet.

my friend won a UD, 40-36 40-36 and 38-38
    my friend got headbutted on the forehead and still won.
    his record is now 8-2 5ko's
    lol i got to chill with NABF superfeather weight champ fernando trejo and juan diaz and his brother. They all went in with my friend when the music came on and when he was introduced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thx 4 the support

Thread Information