Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield II

Who would have won if Tyson hadn't got himself disqualified ?

Holyfield was ahead after first two rounds, clinching and butting once again and picking punches when possible. Tyson fought a good round three and looked like he finally had something to offer. The general consensus is that Tyson, realising he was going to lose, bit Holyfields ear as a way out. However I don't think this is true, if Holyfield hadn't butted Tyson at the end of the second round (cutting Tyson's eye) then I don't think Tyson would have bitten him.

Holyfield looked physically unbelievable at this time, like an immovable object, I've never seen a set of traps look like that, but who knows what would have happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield II

I've tried to look at that fight from many different angle and I still come out with the same verdict...HOLYFIELD..
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy was coming in with his head and Tyson never knew how to deal with getting butted or hit with a good punch. He was very easily frusterated so i think Holyfield would have beaten him again reguardless. Some guys got into Tysons head just like he got into the heads of all the guys he KOd.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think anyone should complain about holyfields butting coz i just watched a special on tyson and in alot of fights when tyson got in close he would throw an elbow under the opponents chin. So what goes around comes around.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone place a video of that fight?
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive not watched that fight in an awfully long time myself actually....from memory tyson did seem to come back very well in the 3rd. he was pumped and angry. whether he could have sustained that over 12 rounds is another matter though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

over the years tyson has been a dirty fighter, how mant times have we seen him follow through with the elbow of the hook and how many times did he go into a clinch head first i'll tell you, every fight that went past the second round

everyone hates being out played at there oen game which is why tyson was geting so worked up, evander was just to cunning for him and wasn't intimitated by iron mike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield was well onto his way to winning it and I think everyone could see that including Mike . Evander started faster in the rematch and had worked on leg strength so he was pushing Mike back from the get go . Tyson was immediately at a disadvantage mentally and physically .

At the end of the second round a discoraged Mike was cut , felt the ref was against him and was behind so to stop the rot he gave it his all in the 3rd . Holyfield absorbed the assult and kept coming so Mike was in trouble . I beleive at 1st that he bit out of anger but the 2nd and 3rd attempt at bites were clear signs that he wanted out . Had it gone on and he stuck to the rules , he wouldnt have made it past 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no way. i got the fight on a dvd and have seen it shit loads of times. tyson came back at the end of the second and looked a lot like his old self in the third and had success. he was frustrated cos he was cut and his old tricks wer'nt working, and plus the real deal kept on swinging that big head all over the place. in the end i think the outcome of the fight would have been a UD to holyfield but it wouldnt have gone the same way as the first meeting where evander was the boss from the first bell. i just dont think tyson had the answers when his tactics wern't working.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    no way. i got the fight on a dvd and have seen it S*** loads of times. tyson came back at the end of the second and looked a lot like his old self in the third and had success. he was frustrated cos he was cut and his old tricks wer'nt working, and plus the real deal kept on swinging that big head all over the place. in the end i think the outcome of the fight would have been a UD to holyfield but it wouldnt have gone the same way as the first meeting where evander was the boss from the first bell. i just dont think tyson had the answers when his tactics wern't working.
    Ive seen it loads too and Yes Holyfield was using his head but he is less blatant than Tyson who was cheating infront of the ref . Evander did it on the blind side . Also when he rammed his forearm into Holyfields neck he didnt care about gettting caught . He also tried to break his arm but Holyfield fought him off and pushed him back . The bully was getting bullied

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield would of still won

El Kabong Guest

The main reasons Evander beat Tyson are as follows.

1. He was taller and had the better jab
    2. Better defense
    3. Worked harder on the inside

Tyson would have had a problem with him at any point of his career

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    The main reasons Evander beat Tyson are as follows.

1. He was taller and had the better jab
    2. Better defense
    3. Worked harder on the inside

Tyson would have had a problem with him at any point of his career
    I also thought mental strength played a huge part . Also tactical awareness . Ricthie Giachetti got it badly wrong for the rematch I believe and in the first fight Jay Bright had no tactics whatsoever . He just felt Tyson could walk through Evander .

Don Turners strategy was to place Evanders left foot in the middle of Tysons stance and push off from his back foot forcing Tyson back every second . Therefore his power would be ineffective and without that Tyson is lost .

I also reckon that the Tyson camp felt that superior fitness for the rematch would see him through . He came in lighter but was trying to box to a plan but IMO they got it badly wrong . He needed to get Holyfield out of his comfort zone and that wasnt the way to do it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

u guys are all nutz-----tyson was on his way to knocking holy TFO b4 he bit him.........at the end of the second round is when tyson just said "fuck it" and started to finally fight and he was getting thru and hurting holy....he just took his anger too far and bit him like a dumass...........make no mistake about it, had it not been for that momumental lapse in judegement--tyson would have kayoed him............

never mind the late eighties even early nineties--tyson would have destroyed him inside 5 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    u guys are all nutz-----tyson was on his way to knocking holy TFO b4 he bit him.........at the end of the second round is when tyson just said "fuck it" and started to finally fight and he was getting thru and hurting holy....he just took his anger too far and bit him like a dumass...........make no mistake about it, had it not been for that momumental lapse in judegement--tyson would have kayoed him............

never mind the late eighties even early nineties--tyson would have destroyed him inside 5 rounds
    You cant be serious. Tyson wouldnt of stayed at that pace the whole fight, evander would of stopped him again. Bottom line is mike was a bully his whole career and he met a bigger bully in holyfield who showed tyson that he was incharge and he was not scared of tyson. Holyfield was too much of a warrior to lose to tyson, tyson would of been stopped in the later rounds.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information