Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JOEY "THE KO KID" SPINA... GAME FIGHTER? OR JUST HYPE

IM FROM RHODE ISLAND, USA... WE SEEM, IN THE SMALL NEWENGLAND AREA, TO SPAWN SOME PRETTY GOOD DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS. JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD... ROCKY MARCIANO(BROCKTON), MICKY WARD(LOWELL), FREDDY ROACH(DEDHAM), PETER MANFREDO JR. AND SR.(PROVIDENCE, RI), VINNY PAZIENZA(PROVIDENCE, RI) AND MANY MORE THAT I JUST CANT THINK OF... WE SPAWN BOXERS WITH BALLS... THEN THERE IS JOEY "THE KO KID" SPINA FROM PROVIDENCE... HAS ANYONE HEARD OF HIM? HE IS A SMW WHO IS FIGHTING WITH MANFREDO JR. FOR THE LOCAL HERO BADGE. I KNOW HIM CUZ I SEE HIM AROUND THE CITY BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHO HE IS OUTSIDE OF HERE. THE KID IS 17-0-1. FOUGHT A BUNCH OF TOMATO CANS UNTIL HIS LAST 3 OR 4 FIGHTS... JUST BEARLY SQUEEKED BY JOSE SPEARMAN WITH A DRAW TO RETAIN HIS BELT... HE'S TAKING JESSE BRINKLEY OF THE CONTENDER FAME ON, ON THE 10TH. I DONT PERSONALLY LIKE HIM AND JIMMY BIRCHFIELD PICKS AND CHOOSES (MORE CARFULLY THEN NORMAL) HIS OPPOSITION. HOPE BRINKLY POUNDS HIM
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JOEY "THE KO KID" SPINA... GAME FIGHTER? OR JUST HYPE

SO I TAKE IT NO ONE KNOWS WHO THIS KID IS?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Pride..
    I know em, back when I was hanging around Cranston (had a gf there at the time) I used to go to a gym called Ballettos Boxing on Elmwood Ave(Gary’s gym) I didn’t want to become a professional, I just wanted to box to get into shape. Well, while being there and seeing who comes and goes
    like Gary balletto (Great guy and Great boxer) Najee Shaheed (quiet, but respectful, went there to get his workout, and that’s it) and Spina . I got to talk with Spina a few times, he’s a good guy. He has a punch that could hurt a heavyweight too, If you haven’t seen him spar or fight in person, I suggest you take the trip to foxwoods and watch it, ill be there. A funny story, if I was to box professionals I would be a heavyweight (no doubt) I stand at 6’1, 250 (235 my goal). And one day Spina was there, I believe (been like 4 years since this happend) his sparring partner didn’t show up (don’t blame em lol). Well, to make a long story short, to give Spina some ring time, and for me to see what I could handle, I jumped in there for 3 rounds. Worst three rounds of my life lol, he hit me hard, and at will. But he was holding back more than he was hitting. And that was the scary part. 3 rounds later, he didn’t even break a sweat, and I felt like I was ready for a toe tag. Obviously the sparring wasn’t for any type of competition, it was just to keep Spina warmed up for the rest of his work out for the afternoon. I have seen him fight numerous times, he hits HARD, simply said, he hits very hard.

As for fighting tomato cans, he is 17-0, and from New England. Did you expect world title defenses already? Whether people realize it or not, the first half of your career is just about learning. Learning your strong points and weak points, what weight to be at, what style you are Etc..

As far as fighting brinkley, I don’t blame him for taking on a contender guy, success in boxing is all about promotion, and publicity. Don’t kid your self, TALENT ALONE DOESN’T GET YOU TITLE FIGHTS UNTIL YOUR PAST YOUR PRIME!. No one wants to fight the kid, so he takes on a person who was on TV, who made it pretty far into the contender tourney. Spina is making the right moves to get recognized, he moved to Vegas, got a world class trainer, and is fighting a lot.

"Personally don’t like the guy"? None of my business, but is it because of him as a fighter? Or did you ever meet him in person and have a conflict. Because for the time that I knew him, I never get a bad vibe from the guy, so I’m curious why you would want a local guy to get beat on TV someone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    IM FROM RHODE ISLAND, USA... WE SEEM, IN THE SMALL NEWENGLAND AREA, TO SPAWN SOME PRETTY GOOD DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS. JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD... ROCKY MARCIANO(BROCKTON), MICKY WARD(LOWELL), FREDDY ROACH(DEDHAM), PETER MANFREDO JR. AND SR.(PROVIDENCE, RI), VINNY PAZIENZA(PROVIDENCE, RI) AND MANY MORE THAT I JUST CANT THINK OF... WE SPAWN BOXERS WITH BALLS... THEN THERE IS JOEY "THE KO KID" SPINA FROM PROVIDENCE... HAS ANYONE HEARD OF HIM? HE IS A SMW WHO IS FIGHTING WITH MANFREDO JR. FOR THE LOCAL HERO BADGE. I KNOW HIM CUZ I SEE HIM AROUND THE CITY BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHO HE IS OUTSIDE OF HERE. THE KID IS 17-0-1. FOUGHT A BUNCH OF TOMATO CANS UNTIL HIS LAST 3 OR 4 FIGHTS... JUST BEARLY SQUEEKED BY JOSE SPEARMAN WITH A DRAW TO RETAIN HIS BELT... HE'S TAKING JESSE BRINKLEY OF THE CONTENDER FAME ON, ON THE 10TH. I DONT PERSONALLY LIKE HIM AND JIMMY BIRCHFIELD PICKS AND CHOOSES (MORE CARFULLY THEN NORMAL) HIS OPPOSITION. HOPE BRINKLY POUNDS HIM
    Man seriously, people dont like reading all caps posts, just hit your caps lock button and people might bother to read your posts.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BEING FROM THE AREA I KNOW A GIRL WHO IS ACTUALLY HIS FIANCE'S SISTER WHO SAYS (AND THIS IS NOW... I KNOW U SAID 4 YRS AGO SO HE MAY HAVE CHANGED...ALOT) HE'S ALL INTO COKE AND IS ALWAYS SWEATING AND WHAT HAVE U. I HEARD HE TURNED INTO A REAL DIRTNECK... HEARD OTHER STORIES ABOUT HIM AND THROWING A BRICK @ A WINDSHIELD AND HITTING A GIRL IN THE FACE BY MISTAKE... NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT WHEN THE GIRL'S BROTHER CAME CALLIN HE HID SO AS NOT TO HAVE TO CONFRONT HIM
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    Man seriously, people dont like reading all caps posts, just hit your caps lock button and people might bother to read your posts.
    IM @ WORK AND MY SYSTEM DOESNT ALLOW ME TO... I WORK FOR A BANK AND IT WORKS OFF OF AN AMAI SCREEN THAT DOESNT ALLOW IT. NEVER MIND THE FACT I HAVE TO TOGGLE BACK AND FORTH... SO SORRY BUT IF U DONT WANNA READ IT , DONT
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen a few interviews on boxingtalk. I heard he should have lost his last fight but I still fancy him to beat Brinkley.

Brinkley is a bum, one of the worst on the Contender show in my opinion. He got pasted twice by K-Mart guy Bonsante and only won the first through a lucky punch. I reckon Alfonso would have stopped him had their fight been longer than 5 rounds.

I think Brinkley has power but he has no ambition or desire. Just a quick look at his wife demonstrates that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I've seen a few interviews on boxingtalk. I heard he should have lost his last fight but I still fancy him to beat Brinkley.

Brinkley is a bum, one of the worst on the Contender show in my opinion. He got pasted twice by K-Mart guy Bonsante and only won the first through a lucky punch. I reckon Alfonso would have stopped him had their fight been longer than 5 rounds.

I think Brinkley has power but he has no ambition or desire. Just a quick look at his wife demonstrates that!
    I THOUGHT THAT WAS HIS HUSBAND
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, brothers, uncles, sisters, nephews babysitter told me that mike Tyson likes cheerios. lol
    Sorry man, was wondering why you dislike him, not why others do. As far as his fiances sister... don't know her, never met her so i don't know anything about that.. but people talk about other people for silly reasons. And knowing Joe and how he is, i don't think he hid from anything or anyone, but thats besides the point. But if that was the reasons for your dislike, that answers my question.

Anyways, Joe spina wins by stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That draw against Spearman was a gift decision. Spina lost that fight. Let him get in the ring with the best in New England, Duddy, and he'll hit the canvas fast. Spina is a good local fighter, but he's not future champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    That draw against Spearman was a gift decision. Spina lost that fight. Let him get in the ring with the best in New England, Duddy, and he'll hit the canvas fast. Spina is a good local fighter, but he's not future champ.
    ABSOLUTLY
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we'll see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, the fight has come and gone, And when it goes in the books..Spina Knocked the Fake Contender Out. Behind on all scorecards, and with an injured hand with no sparring 3 weeks before the fight(just shadow boxing). Joey the "KO KID" spina Blasted a cut over jesse's eye in the 7th. Then sent him to the canvas in the 11th with a brutal body shot, that left brinkley looking very confused and trying to pull his boxers/and gear away from his abdoman, then spina went in for the kill, sending brinkley to the canvas. After getting up, he was looked at by the doctor, (checking his eye) AND HIS CORNER GIVING HIM WATER!!!! which they cannot due for a knockdown!!! (i was upset that the ref let that go on) the doctor asked if he was Ok, and if he wanted to continue, and brinkley just shrugged. (like sayin..yea, i guess lol) and as soon as the fight continued Spina went in and continued to hurt the body, right and a left..then a left hook to the head that sent brinkley walking in the opposite position, and the ref decided that brinkley had enough.
    Fight stopped,
    TKO,
    Late stoppage.
    and still SMW USWBC champ JOEY SPINA!
    Sorry Jesse, NEXT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

U CALLED IT... NICE
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey pride...
    Peter Manfredo SR was in Brinkleys corner as a co trainer..did you know this?
    i was alittle worried when i seen him, Sr is a good trainer, and he studies the competition very well.

Thread Information