Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Getting use to getting smacked.

Is there any other way to get your body use to getting hard hits to it besides sparring? Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting use to getting smacked.

Stand with a partner, and throw a medicine ball at each other's torso, catching it in your hands off the bounce.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not really
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless you just want to stand infront of someone and let him hit you, i don't think theres any other way beside the medicine ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

old school but it works... work on your breathing

if you breathe correctly when you throw any punch you should know to exhale... it helps to tense the abs and also expels as much air as possible so if you do get a gut shot, your not going to be winded....
    This is why you hear boxers sounding like an old steam train, releasing air with every punch

train your abs and obliques, a hard midsection is a solid midsection, a guy with a flabby midriff is going to soak up every shot... i've heard of a guy with a midsection so hard that it hurt the other boxers hand punching it.

When doing ab work, get a 'friend' to bounce a medicine ball off your gut. It will teach you to tense and expel air correctly and after a few times of being winded (when your gassing and form gets sloppy) it starts to resemble a real scenario.

With all muscle workouts, equality and balance is the key, train your lower back (erector muscles) as much as you train your abs. Your lower back has to be in balance as a strong abdominal wall will pull your torso down and can lead to posture/back problems after a period of time.
    By doing exercises as hyperextensions, deadlifts you can balance out and create an ever harder midsection

Exercises for the lower back
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/Wai...#anchor1945210

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright, thanks for the information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you know off hand why you don't lose your wind if you released all your breath prior to the shot? i've never heard that before and i hate getting the wind knocked out of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when you breath in you dont tense your abs, the abdominal wall has to relax otherwise the diaphragm (muscle below the lungs) cannot expand the lungs to take in air.

If your not tensing your abs and you take a shot to the gut, you have no protection in the stomach area...

There are the nerves behind the stomach and the impact causes the pressure to change in the diaphragm, which is the large muscle which divides your stomach and abdomen from your heart and lungs.
    The diaphragm goes into spasm and contracts painfully, making it hard for your lungs to breathe in and out and only once the muscle stops cramping will you able to catch your breath again. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's amazing you know that, but thanks. good to know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be a good fighter you have to learn about yourself first of all... sounds very mystical and ooOoOOo.... but the more you study about the human body, the better you become

finding out what makes the human body fail as a mechanism and applying it to a fight scenario is key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know why everyone is answering it as if he said specifically getting hit in the body.

Well my answer is no there is not anyway to get used to getting hit in the head or the face, but if you pay attention and watch the other guy it will probably hurt less... As a general rule the ones you dont see coming hurt more as you dont expect them.

edit - Sorry im retarded It actually does say "body" .. I suck and am gay etc etc
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Waiting and expecting to get hit is not such a good idea.Throwing, Medicine balls at the body,isnt either.Allit will do, is damage your Liver and Kidneys, which is not going to help

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mBiOkXe08
    Is there any other way to get your body use to getting hard hits to it besides sparring? Just curious.
    say yes when ur GF asks if her ass looks fat in those pants

funny story my ex gf used to get in the habit of smacking me in the back of the head when id say somthin ignorant & id be like ""HEY i dont need help getting brain damage!! ..next time u wanna hit me just remember someone else wioll do it for you!!" ....anyway it was a running joke for awhile

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get hit ever,Its a no no. Listen to a man that knows about these things.I was on the floor that many times,I finished up with a Cauliflower arse

Thread Information