0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney

Quote Originally Posted by cityboy
    Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    toney at 190-210 woulda beat ALOT of the older guys ..look at when archie moore fough Marciano ...archie was how old and he got cought but Toney woulda boxed laot like him only a little faster & sharper ....

to be honest i thionk toney coulda beat joe Louis fairly easily ...joe wasnt 1/2 as slick as some people think he was ....(before anyone argues this how many joe louis fights haveu u seen in the entirety?) ..he hit hard but stayed awfully still nd wasnt big on head movement...and had liek 0% foot work...he sure as hell didnt dance ...and the way he dropped his left ALL THE TIME after throwing a punch ...BOXING HAS EVOLUTIONIZED ...we know more nowdays by watching the mistakes made by people back in the day (fighters from the 50's-early 80s were VERY skilled and still had that old fashion endurance

Toney coulda beat Joe louis <---thats what i'll say
    If Toney was at 190 and if he was in form and if he was allowed to use drugs and if and if then he might blah blah blah. There are too many ifs around Toney. The thing is that he has not done everything special in almost a decade.
    i didnt sy IF anything ..Toney at 190 is heavyweight for back then ..Toney at 212 is BEFORE he tested for steroids...did u mean to copy mine?? ...i think what i wrote is simple ...toney that beat jirov & holyfeild would beat joe Loius ?? no IFs about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL remember all yous guys talkin about how Toney would lose to Ruiz ...and that he had no chance lol LOL

i still laugh when i think of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    This has been bugging me, I just want to know who the best all-time boxer is that James Toney could beat at heavyweight?

I think you'd be hard pressed to fight one Toney would beat...definantly NOT Marciano, the Rock put on too much pressure and had too much heart to be stopped by James.

Maybe like a Bonavena or Shavers would be out worked by Toney but I doubt it.
    Absolutely not...Toney doesn't beat any of the elite hw fighters....He cant even beat Rahman for christ sake....Rahman is not an elite hw by the way....would get killed by Wlad.....could beat ruiz(again)..but ruiz is far from an elite hw...just because a hw holds one of the 900 championship belts out there does not make him an elite hw...might as well throw in leaon or michael spinks in the mix....not elite hw...nope..can't do it...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    At Heavyweight, I could see that Toney could possibly beat:

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...
    C'mon Doc are you serious? That's cool my friend I respect you opinions.
    Rahman is probably the best heavyweight right now, which isn't saying much but he probably is, either him or Wladimir. Wlad is pretty good when he tries to be - key word "tries." Now, an in-shape Toney could have beaten Lamon Brewster and Rahman easily. Brewster did beat a lazy Klitschko.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    At Heavyweight, I could see that Toney could possibly beat:

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...
    C'mon Doc are you serious? That's cool my friend I respect you opinions.
    Rahman is probably the best heavyweight right now, which isn't saying much but he probably is, either him or Wladimir. Wlad is pretty good when he tries to be - key word "tries." Now, an in-shape Toney could have beaten Lamon Brewster and Rahman easily. Brewster did beat a lazy Klitschko.
    Rahman the best heavyweight now?

I think that these guys would beat him easily

Byrd
    S. Peter
    Wlad
    Sultan
    SL
    Brewster
    The Big O
    Paolo Vidoz
    Ruslan Chagaev
    Alexander Povetkin
    Denis Boytsov

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Toney at Cruiser...which would have passed for heavy back in the days...I think that there are numerous people that he would have beaten that were HOF'ers.

You have to think of Toney's style vs Ali or Foreman or Marciano or Tunney or Charles or the likes...& that's a broad range...but Toney's style teleported back to the days...

Toney woulda given them all hell...& I don't like JFAT one bit...but he's an amazing tactician on the inside & he woulda confused & befuddled all of the above...had he come in at Cruiser shape.
    The only type of fighter who could trouble Ali was some one who got on the inside with head work (like fraizer) and could punch... toney can't do either at heavyweight... Ali keeps him at range for a comfortable UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fat bitch should retire and go work at mc`donalds
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a few too many of you are jumping on the James To is shit bandwagon.

He had one poor performance against Rahamn, thats all. And evn then he was by far the slicker of the two.How many of you honestly would not pick a fit Toney to have beaten Rahman?

Toney lost to Rahman because of his conditioning no other reason. He was a much better boxer and wasn't hurt at all in the slightest by Rahman.

And to those of you who say he's done nothing in a decade, well was the Ring Fighter of the Year in 2003 following his UD of Jirov. He stopped Holyfield when nobody thought he could, he beat Ruiz with a shoulder injury. Come on on he's done alright. A poor performance against Rahman but he still wasn't beat.

If Toney gets himself fit and lays of the cigars I'd still pick him to beat anyone else at heavy.

Only Wlad has him beat I think and even there I think Toney would do ok. Wlad wouldnt stop him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I think a few too many of you are jumping on the James To is S*** bandwagon.

He had one poor performance against Rahamn, thats all. And evn then he was by far the slicker of the two.How many of you honestly would not pick a fit Toney to have beaten Rahman?

Toney lost to Rahman because of his conditioning no other reason. He was a much better boxer and wasn't hurt at all in the slightest by Rahman.

And to those of you who say he's done nothing in a decade, well was the Ring Fighter of the Year in 2003 following his UD of Jirov. He stopped Holyfield when nobody thought he could, he beat Ruiz with a shoulder injury. Come on on he's done alright. A poor performance against Rahman but he still wasn't beat.

If Toney gets himself fit and lays of the cigars I'd still pick him to beat anyone else at heavy.

Only Wlad has him beat I think and even there I think Toney would do ok. Wlad wouldnt stop him.
    Why do we always need to add if Toney did this and that, then he might blah blah blah blah? That is equal to say that if Wlad had moved his head against The Sniper then he would blah blah blah blah, or if Jeff Lacy had better boxing skills then he would had bashed Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone heard anything about when Toneys next fight is and who his opposition is. I wonder if he's gonna get another title shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he beat Ruiz with a shoulder injury
    Why don’t you mention that Toney used drugs against Ruiz?

Katrina Krabbe was also the fastest women in the world on both 100m and 200m as long as she used drugs. When she stopped using drugs, she was just average….

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No band wagon... I've never rated toney at heavy weight... even when every body had stupid sigs going on about 'the people's champ' and thought he was going to beat Vitali...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he promised to clean out the HW division out in 18 months.....

What happend to that promise? Now it is around 30 months since he started his compaign in HW and he is almost rated lower than when he started....

El Kabong Guest

Yeah that was the most insane thing ever! "Toney will beat Vitali" Vitali would slap that whale around the ring like nobodies business!

Foreman would have wrecked Toney Wacko as would the rest of those guys the Philly Shell has been around for a while and I don't see any of the greats having trouble with it except for the more one dimensional fighters.

Now I don't hate on Toney's skill, at 168 he'd beat a lot of guys. Toney-Hearns would have been a bad ass match up!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cityboy

Why do we always need to add if Toney did this and that, then he might blah blah blah blah? That is equal to say that if Wlad had moved his head against The Sniper then he would blah blah blah blah, or if Jeff Lacy had better boxing skills then he would had bashed Calzaghe.

Well give me one example of a heavyweight right now that you don't need IF's for? Wlad is the best out there IF he can overcome his weak chin. Brewster can win a title again IF he can get in a big punch. Valuev can hold on to his title for a year IF he decides not to defend it.

Lets move on to other weights, Joe Calzaghe can win a title at light heavy IF his hands hold up.

ODH can beat Mayorga IF he can overcome 2 years of ring rust and IF he has not gotten too old.

Coralles can beat Castillo IF he can resist fighting inside where he is going to get killed.

In fact can you give a single example of a fight where IF does not play a big factor.

Moron!

Thread Information