Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default aggresive fighters

hey guys

i had my first sparing match today at my gym against someone with a little more experience in fighting, but we have been at the gym the same amount of time (if that makes sense).

we have very different styles. i like to move from side to side a lot and occasionally step in throw some punches and step back out. i guess i outfight a lot.

this other guy is the exact opposite. he charges in throwing punches leaving me to block them as well as i can but i usually end up getting cornered and busted up pretty badly. i try to dodge his punches but he gets so close before he throws them that i dont have time to judge where its going.

i guess its good that im being exposed to this different (opposite) fighting style from mine, but i need some tips on how to either counter this or keep him at his distance.

any ideas?

thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: aggresive fighters

utilize a sidestance and lean a little towards him, that way you can pull back further without moving your feet, and when you do jump back youll get even further away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you have to try and tie him up quickly, slide out of the corner by ducking, weaving and quickly moving out....But also, you could fight him inside abit so that you earn his respect.
    And when your on the outside, try more punches to keep him away....a jab and a few right hands are not going to be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doubling up on the jab helps a bit. Also, don't foget to plant and deliver every now and then. Make him earn his way inside. You'll never hurt him if you are constantly throwing jabs on the move. Always circle, dont let yourself get cornered. If he gets too inside, just tie him up
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3 words....jab, jab, jab
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mahoney
    hey guys

i had my first sparing match today at my gym against someone with a little more experience in fighting, but we have been at the gym the same amount of time (if that makes sense).

we have very different styles. i like to move from side to side a lot and occasionally step in throw some punches and step back out. i guess i outfight a lot.

this other guy is the exact opposite. he charges in throwing punches leaving me to block them as well as i can but i usually end up getting cornered and busted up pretty badly. i try to dodge his punches but he gets so close before he throws them that i dont have time to judge where its going.

i guess its good that im being exposed to this different (opposite) fighting style from mine, but i need some tips on how to either counter this or keep him at his distance.

any ideas?

thanks

Theres all kinds of little twists and pivots that you can do when he starts to charge but any one that trys to teach you through typing is crazy or has a lot of time on his hands because you can write a book, sorry.
    The best advice I could give is sometimes you gotta make the man respect you by toeing up with him laying down some power. If you do this he wont be so anxious to rush in; he'll think about it and take more time to set it up.

You want to be seen as a guy that can move around and control the fight at will, but one that is more than willing to brawl his way of the ropes and corner if he has to.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try moving less. Really. Don't start out moving here and there. Let him come to you then take the most direct route around him. When he gets set to punch move a step to your right. When he punches get in tight and grab him- your left shoulder in his chest-by his left elbow or arm, to pin it to his body so you can pivot around him.

Thread Information