Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Frank Bruno have beat lennox Lewis if frank never ran out of stamina

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would Frank Bruno have beat lennox Lewis if frank never ran out of stamina

Who would have won the fight if frank had prepared himself for alll the rounds.
    remeber frank was winning on points but suddenly ran out stamina or got caught with a good punch, maybe both. frank had lost fight before just because of stamina against tim witherspoon as frank leaded on points, but then beat oliver mcall, this was the first wbc fight when frank never ran out of stamina and won the fight.
    would bruno really hav won if stamina wasn't a problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Frank Bruno have beat lennox Lewis if frank never ran out of stamina

No, that big right hand would have ended the fight at anytime in the fight, even the first round. So i think stamina played less of a role than the big right hand that sealed his faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Frank Bruno have beat lennox Lewis if frank never ran out of stamina

I FORGOT TO GIVE MY OPINION I THINK FRANK WOULD HAVE KNOCKED LEWIS OUT ESPECIALLY FOR CALLING FRANK UNCLE TOM

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bruno was extremely competitive up until that point and seemed to be out jabbing lewis himself....

bruno was a decent fighter but he did seem to falter just at the crucial moments in his big fights...

tyson was the only man to dominate bruno really....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing is for sure Tyson was never the same fighter ever again after Bruno hit him with that right hand in the first round.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    One thing is for sure Tyson was never the same fighter ever again after Bruno hit him with that right hand in the first round.
    i remember that very clearly as a kid of 9....my first clear memory of boxing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lennox lewisreturn
    Who would have won the fight if frank had prepared himself for alll the rounds.
    remeber frank was winning on points but suddenly ran out stamina or got caught with a good punch, maybe both. frank had lost fight before just because of stamina against tim witherspoon as frank leaded on points, but then beat oliver mcall, this was the first wbc fight when frank never ran out of stamina and won the fight.
    would bruno really hav won if stamina wasn't a problem?
    woulda, coulda, shoulda.....Bruno knew it was him weakness and it always got the best of him..or was it lack of heart?,,,this problem always came up in the biggest fights....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry Bruno didn't have the chin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    i remember that very clearly as a kid of 9....my first clear memory of boxing....
    Yeah me too. I stayed up all night to listen to it on the radio. Never forget Harry Carpenter losing it and yelling 'Get in there Frank!'

Awesome partisan commentary from Harry.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    sorry Bruno didn't have the chin
    Didn't have a bad chin, he just had a problem defending punches after being hit on the chin. Look at punches from Lewis, Tyson and Witherspoon that couldn't floor him, he just lay on the ropes getting pummeled. As far as an attacking fighter goes, he was fantastic imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed he just lolled like a baby when he got tagged hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye he didnt go down easy, it was just his legs and arms froze up when he got hit hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lennox lewisreturn
    I FORGOT TO GIVE MY OPINION I THINK FRANK WOULD HAVE KNOCKED LEWIS OUT ESPECIALLY FOR CALLING FRANK UNCLE TOM
    You're a complete and utter wanker but I admire your persistence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc bomp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please no swearin .................bomp..........
    wako don't ban him please
    thank you for ur time

Thread Information