Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Oscar in for a beating?

i mean the second guy to stop oscar there......oops....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

doesn't matter what you mean Oscar will wipe the ring with Mayorga Youll see, it won't even be a fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    doesn't matter what you mean Oscar will wipe the ring with Mayorga Youll see, it won't even be a fight.
    , oscar will be shaken big time, trust me....

mayorga is gonna stop oscar.....its not going to be the expected comeack...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never heard you sounding so assertive Mr.Miles,your usually a it could be this guy winning but on the other hand it could be the other guy winning....Whatever the case,I hope you are right!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Never heard you sounding so assertive Mr.Miles,your usually a it could be this guy winning but on the other hand it could be the other guy winning....Whatever the case,I hope you are right!
    i need oscar to get back into promotion...he has no business in the ring anymore....

yes, miles, is on edge here....mayorga will beat him....

oscar knows he doesnt need boxing and after the third round then he will know it....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm,interesting,I like your thinking but Oscar comes across to me as the type of guy who does not want to go out on a loss so even if he does lose,do you not think that he may actaully have ANOTHER match?? As horrible as that sounds,I think it is a possibility!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no, oscar is a sound business man. promotion is his realm after boxing. and he will be fine at it.

whats your prediction, the game?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"mad" mayorga or Oscar?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said,I realllly want Mayorga to win but in all honesty,I can see Oscar winning via UD,unless Oscar's lost it DRAMATICALLY and Mayorga has worked out amazingly on his stamina etc. He does seem to have had a good training camp but I think De La Hoya still has enough left in the tank to beat him,hopefuly you're right though and after a few rounds,Oscar thinks,after this match,it's on to promoting and promoting alone for me!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

20 months is a terribly long time....

i cannot wait for this one...i think mayorga wil beat him and openup the entire division....

l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guy's tend to forget ( or just hate )....This is Oscar De La Hoya!!!!!!....Love him , Hate him or feel in between...this guy is one of the best P4P fighters in the last 20 yrs.....His record speaks for itself....He has only been stopped by Hopkins...Oscar was outsized and out gunned.....Mayorga is a great slugger but nothing more!!!!...De la Hoya has beaten guys 10 times better than him...Oscar also a punch on him ( not one punch power but not a pitty pat guy either) Look at Oscar's resume....Tito beat Mayorga silly....after a long lay off....Oscar has not had as much time off as Trinidad did...C'mon guys go with your knoweldge of the sport not your personal feelings....De La Hoya also has a mean streak in him when he wants
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the thing I most dislike,it's as if Oscar can call allll the shots and I hate that!! That is another reason I want Mayorga to win,Floyd will have to fight Tony/Hatton but someone dangerous,Mayorga can whoop as much ass as he likes and Oscar can stick to promoting PERMANENTLY! At this stage in their careers,I'd rather see ayorga sticking around than Oscar,I like Mayorga's character more whereas Oscar does not appeal to me as the "Golden Boy" anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    You guy's tend to forget ( or just hate )....This is Oscar De La Hoya!!!!!!....Love him , Hate him or feel in between...this guy is one of the best P4P fighters in the last 20 yrs.....His record speaks for itself....He has only been stopped by Hopkins...Oscar was outsized and out gunned.....Mayorga is a great slugger but nothing more!!!!...De la Hoya has beaten guys 10 times better than him...Oscar also a punch on him ( not one punch power but not a pitty pat guy either) Look at Oscar's resume....Tito beat Mayorga silly....after a long lay off....Oscar has not had as much time off as Trinidad did...C'mon guys go with your knoweldge of the sport not your personal feelings....De La Hoya also has a mean streak in him when he wants
    I agree which is why i said that Oscar will probably win but I HOPE Mayorga wins!!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    okay, mayorga will beat delahoya......if im wrong please remind me

im a pretty sound judge....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is... if Mayorga does beat DLH, FLoyd will probably just fight him..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started to laugh after reading all these threads because I remember reading the same threads back in 2003 when Vernon Forrest had just come off of two wins vs the previous p4p champ Shane Mosley. Everybody felt as though Vernon was one of the best boxers in the world and they gave him 7-1 odds in beating Ricardo Mayorga. What Happen? He got his ass knocked out in the third round. Why? Because he was in there with a stronger more determined fighter who he felt he could slug with and he was wrong. Vernon Forrest came back for another fight and what happen? He changed his strategy up from brawler back to his strategic boxing using his job and he got his ass beat for the first six rounds in a brutal manner with his legs looking like jello 50% of the time. The only thing that saved him from another knockout was Mayorga was winded and not use to being a late round fighter. I see the same thing happening to De La Hoya, everybody talking about his extreme boxing skills and ring generalship just like they said about Forrest in 2003. Fact is Mayorga is a bigger stronger fighter than De La Hoya with a stronger will, yes De La Hoya has much better boxing skills but he will have to run away for the first six rounds just to display them. If he can survive the first six rounds I believe he will win a majority decision, especially in Vegas where he has many questionable victories (Sturm, Quartey, Whitaker) Whitaker he clearly lost? Don't expect a knockout from De La Hoya, he does not have the power of Felix Trinidad and he is not a brawler like Felix Trinidad, he only has one knockout out of all his mega fights and that was against Vargas. This fight goes two ways 1. Knockout by Moyarga before the 6 2. UD for De La Hoya.

Thread Information