Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Oscar in for a beating?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

I started to laugh after reading all these threads because I remember reading the same threads back in 2003 when Vernon Forrest had just come off of two wins vs the previous p4p champ Shane Mosley. Everybody felt as though Vernon was one of the best boxers in the world and they gave him 7-1 odds in beating Ricardo Mayorga. What Happen? He got his ass knocked out in the third round. Why? Because he was in there with a stronger more determined fighter who he felt he could slug with and he was wrong. Vernon Forrest came back for another fight and what happen? He changed his strategy up from brawler back to his strategic boxing using his job and he got his ass beat for the first six rounds in a brutal manner with his legs looking like jello 50% of the time. The only thing that saved him from another knockout was Mayorga was winded and not use to being a late round fighter. I see the same thing happening to De La Hoya, everybody talking about his extreme boxing skills and ring generalship just like they said about Forrest in 2003. Fact is Mayorga is a bigger stronger fighter than De La Hoya with a stronger will, yes De La Hoya has much better boxing skills but he will have to run away for the first six rounds just to display them. If he can survive the first six rounds I believe he will win a majority decision, especially in Vegas where he has many questionable victories (Sturm, Quartey, Whitaker) Whitaker he clearly lost? Don't expect a knockout from De La Hoya, he does not have the power of Felix Trinidad and he is not a brawler like Felix Trinidad, he only has one knockout out of all his mega fights and that was against Vargas. This fight goes two ways 1. Knockout by Moyarga before the 6 2. UD for De La Hoya.
    I as #1 Mayorga fan on this site must agree. Oscar must box/ run/survive through the storm of the first 6 rounds. But what a storm it will be. One I think Oscar will get blown away by. A hungry, pissed off, focused Mayorga is difficult to OUTBOX. I mean look at Lewis, Forrest, and Picarillo, all tried to outbox the man, and all failed. Mayorga is comin to conquer folks! He gonna SHOCK THE WORLD ONE MORE TIME!!!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Oscar will destroy him easily........... i think the hype has really gone to your heads
    It's not hype,from me,it's hope,that he whoops Oscar but Oscar theoretically should win.
    i dont buy into hope, i buy into realism....

there are many variables at play here.....when did oscar last look good?

how long ago was it anyone?
    this is the same as Vagras-ODH......except vagras is better than Mayorga
    ODH has something to prove come saturday

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    You guy's tend to forget ( or just hate )....This is Oscar De La Hoya!!!!!!....Love him , Hate him or feel in between...this guy is one of the best P4P fighters in the last 20 yrs.....His record speaks for itself....He has only been stopped by Hopkins...Oscar was outsized and out gunned.....Mayorga is a great slugger but nothing more!!!!...De la Hoya has beaten guys 10 times better than him...Oscar also a punch on him ( not one punch power but not a pitty pat guy either) Look at Oscar's resume....Tito beat Mayorga silly....after a long lay off....Oscar has not had as much time off as Trinidad did...C'mon guys go with your knoweldge of the sport not your personal feelings....De La Hoya also has a mean streak in him when he wants
    okay, mayorga will beat delahoya......if im wrong please remind me

im a pretty sound judge....
    oops, miles was typing under the influence last night!!!

damn beer!!

i sure hope mayorga pulls this off....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Oscar will destroy him easily........... i think the hype has really gone to your heads
    It's not hype,from me,it's hope,that he whoops Oscar but Oscar theoretically should win.
    i dont buy into hope, i buy into realism....

there are many variables at play here.....when did oscar last look good?

how long ago was it anyone?
    this is the same as Vagras-ODH......except vagras is better than Mayorga
    ODH has something to prove come saturday
    THAT was nearly 4, count em FOUR, years ago. Time's a makin changes. It is now Mayorga's time. Time for Oscar to pay for beating up on aging champions all those years ago. Time to pay for Chavez, Paez and Camacho. Time to pay for screwing over Whitaker and Sturm. Time to be a stepping stone himself.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayorga WILL drop this fool....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged