Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight132
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy
    But i do know for a fact that marijuana is by far less harmful than cigarettes
    Not true, marijuana is alto harsher (one spiffy is equal to about five fags) on your lungs and it kills brain cells, and slows reaction time (not just when your smoking it), theres more stuff it does too that smoking doesn't. Also you will have cigarette Baxy in the spiffy anyway (unless its a blunt), which makes it even worse.
    but Ive never heard of anyone getting cancer or emphysema from marijuana i think the media just says that to get people to stop. As far as brain cells the drugs the doctor gives you kill them too, Even if its acne medicine it still has a small affect on your brain because its a foreign chemical.
    Well, on the one hand I have mates who's personalitys have been drastically been changed from smoking it over a prolounged length or time and even when there not stoned its like being with cheech and chong... I've taken hay fever tablets for about 5 years but they haven't exactly turned me into cheech and/or chong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every time i see my cousin hes always talking about starting boxing and wants me to show him some moves. Sometimes hes set on extra stupid and wants to sparr me. I tell him i wont show him anything nor will i suggest he joins a gym until he decides what he wants to do, smoke marijuana or box because you cant do both.

I was wondering if im being a little harsh

Are there any boxers out there that smoke and if so, are they any good
    It's a bit judgemental, seeing as we've all got stuff in our past that merits horrible things to happen to us. Not one of us is innocent of that, and I'm sure you yourself have done worse than smoke pot. Being able to tell your cousin no and shove him off to the side so easily is alot worse than smoking a joint. In a way it implys you're better than him, so not true

We're all equally shitty my friend - even if you can kick his ass (although being able to kick his ass counts for somethin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy
    But i do know for a fact that marijuana is by far less harmful than cigarettes
    Not true, marijuana is alto harsher (one spiffy is equal to about five fags) on your lungs and it kills brain cells, and slows reaction time (not just when your smoking it), theres more stuff it does too that smoking doesn't. Also you will have cigarette Baxy in the spiffy anyway (unless its a blunt), which makes it even worse.
    but Ive never heard of anyone getting cancer or emphysema from marijuana i think the media just says that to get people to stop. As far as brain cells the drugs the doctor gives you kill them too, Even if its acne medicine it still has a small affect on your brain because its a foreign chemical.
    yes but as someone else said, most the time you smoke weed with tabacco mixed with it, so your getting the "worst of both worlds".

Saying that though, 1 spliff a day or every 2 days is alot better than smoking a pack of cigs a day imo.

didnt think about that thank you for hitting me with knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    Every time i see my cousin hes always talking about starting boxing and wants me to show him some moves. Sometimes hes set on extra stupid and wants to sparr me. I tell him i wont show him anything nor will i suggest he joins a gym until he decides what he wants to do, smoke marijuana or box because you cant do both.

I was wondering if im being a little harsh

Are there any boxers out there that smoke and if so, are they any good
    It's a bit judgemental, seeing as we've all got stuff in our past that merits horrible things to happen to us. Not one of us is innocent of that, and I'm sure you yourself have done worse than smoke pot. Being able to tell your cousin no and shove him off to the side so easily is alot worse than smoking a joint. In a way it implys you're better than him, so not true

We're all equally shitty my friend - even if you can kick his a** (although being able to kick his a** counts for somethin)
    Enlightening!! Good One! it deserves a cool point. Well one of the reasons i do this is because i use to play baseball and so did he growing up. He got lucky enough to grow 6'0" and become a badass ball player with a full paid scholar ship to UT when he graduates this month.

Hes always saying that hes a better ball player than me and I always say that ill knock him out.
    We constantly debate over which sport is more demanding..........we all know fighting is the ultimate sport.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course what I said was assuming he was just some innocent little stoner. If he's a prick then mention atleast 5 times a day that you can knock him out, and that you're not gonna teach em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started smoking weed again and i finally noticed how much of a difference it had with me and training. I used want to train hard wen i didnt smoke that much but now it took all the motivation out of me to start boxing. but sometimes it makes me feel so good that it makes me want to work out, but im gonna stop a little and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all smoking is bad for any aerobic exercise, even weightlifting... its all about the amount of oxygen the lungs can put into the blood stream to fuel your muscles.

A tar ridden lung reduces the effeciency of oxygen getting into the blood stream and also raises the carbon monoxide levels reducing endurance.

1 joint is the same as 4 ciggerettes i heard in terms of tar

El Kabong Guest

Yeah but you aren't gonna smoke a WHOLE joint just by yourself (most times). Bowl hits are better than a cig every 30 minutes.

Cigars are also better for you, you don't inhale them like cigarettes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all comes down to moderation really. If once a month you smoke a joint with some buddies, you won't be worse off then someone who doesn't smoke at all. It will have no effect on your training whatsoever.

Make it a habit and see what happens. The same would go for making drinking a habit. Drinking may actually be worse because it may also put the pounds on.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

Cigars are also better for you, you don't inhale them like cigarettes.
    Shit eh, no wonder I didnt like em too much all those years ago.
    I hear women sit around puffing them now, even supermodels.

Gunja and other drugs make you think in the 'Now' moment; thats why it feels so nice. you havent the mental power to hold your mind for as long in the future or the past ,which is where All of our thought problems exist mentally, guilt from the past or fear of the future or hope for changes all trap you into not living in this moment.(which is the only one that actually exists)!
    Its also why we like to get caught up in things that take our whole attention as some sports do ,some women,some drugs, etc ,it frees us from our minds that have taken over our NOW moment ; some peoples egoic sides have taken over them completley to the extent that they cant think out of what they think they are!

You can have this all for free and break any habit,by simply (practicing) observing your thoughts more often, watch them all the time, You become the observer.You watch but dont allow emotions to follow them.You just say to yourself,"hmm thats an interesting thought" and leave it.
    You become seperate from your thoughts.
    Thus your egoic brain no longer has a hold over you.
    You cease to belive that you are what you think.
    It allows you to be in NOW moment or the zone in what you do better than you could before.
    You do get re attacked by that part of your mind and there is pain involved in that change over period but once gained even some health issues no longer have grounds to exist within you.

Drugs get you there,but at a cost. There is a hidden price thats paid later when you feel all is too late for you.Some pay that with their whole life,some escape but never are the same for it.

Freedom is living/thinking in your now momment fully.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A study has indicated that a user’s risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana’s effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/...marijuana.html

A new study shows that blood flow to the brain in people who smoked marijuana remained altered up to a month after they last smoked pot. Researchers say the findings may help explain the problems with memory and thinking found in previous studies of chronic marijuana users. Herning, R. Neurology, Feb. 8, 2005; vol 64: pp 488-493. News release, American Academy of Neurology
    Long-term marijuana users gradually become worse at learning and remembering things. New Scientist - 18 March 2006

It is estimated that 10% to 14% of marijuana users will become heavily dependent. More than 120,000 people in the US seek treatment for marijuana addiction every year. Because the consequences of marijuana use can be subtle and insidious, it is more difficult to recognize signs of addiction. Cultural and societal beliefs that marijuana cannot be addictive make it less likely for people to seek help or to get support for quitting. http://www.brown.edu/Student_Service.../marijuana.htm

Marijuana abuse and addiction has increased markedly in the last decade even though its use has not, reveals a new study New Scientist - 04 May 2004

Long term chronic use of marijuana has been established in anecdotal reports to contribute to anxiety, panic disorder, psychosis and schizophrenia. http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit...arijuana_2.asp
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-244X/5/17
    http://www.schizophrenia.com/New/Oct...kecannabis.htm

A median of 41.5% of adult male arrestees and 28.4% of adult female arrestees tested positive for marijuana at arrest http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/...sht/marijuana/

An average marijuana cigarette contains 30 nanograms of the carcinogen benzopyrene, compared to 21 nanograms in an average tobacco cigarette (Marijuana and Health, National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine report,1982). This potent carcinogen suppresses a gene that controls growth of cells. When this gene is damaged, the body becomes more susceptible to cancer. This gene, P53, is related to half of all human cancers and as many as 70% of lung cancers. marijuana smoke has 50 to 70 percent more known carcinogens than tobacco. smoke.http://www.medmjscience.org/Pages/hi...erreports.html

For 15 years, Donald P. Tashkin and colleagues at the University of California-Los Angeles have probed the respiratory systems of hundreds of long-term, heavy marijuana smokers. Their conclusion: Puff for puff, smoking marijuana is even harder on the lungs than smoking tobacco http://www.medmjscience.org/Pages/hi...erreports.html

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks

cc

Bottom line is though that any one who wants to take boxing seriously shouldn't smoke/drink/take a thing...

Thread Information