Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default McClellan vs roy jones

if mcClellan and roy jones fought around the time mcclellan got injured how do u think th fight would have gone. we all know that roy jones has not got the best chin, but it would be hard to catch him with a clean shot. personally i think if mcClellan tagged roy on the chin he wouldnt get back up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: McClellan vs roy jones

anyone who thinks Roy was chinny back then hasn't taken their medication for the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TICH
    if mcClellan and roy jones fought around the time mcclellan got injured how do u think th fight would have gone. we all know that roy jones has not got the best chin, but it would be hard to catch him with a clean shot. personally i think if mcClellan tagged roy on the chin he wouldnt get back up.
    RJJ by KO in the 5th...that was easy....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    anyone who thinks Roy was chinny back then hasn't taken their medication for the day
    RJJ was always susceptible to the straight right, IMO.

McClellan/RJJ like Frazier/Norton would of been a pick-em just on the intangible of both knowing each so well, because they were good friends.

I would not like to of called it; so: McClellan at 160: RJJ at 168...this fence is rather comfortable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually when I see McClellan turning up the offense in his fights, he reminds me alot of RJJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RJJ by ko.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McClennan was one dimentional and could be outboxed. Roy should beat him and outbox him. And if Roy had retired after the first Tarver fight there would be no question who would win.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid

McClellan/RJJ like Frazier/Norton would of been a pick-em just on the intangible of both knowing each so well, because they were good friends.

I would not like to of called it; so: McClellan at 160: RJJ at 168...this fence is rather comfortable
    Roy was susceptible to the straight right?!?! Since when? Versus WHO?

Roy would have beat the shit outta G-Man....G-Man was mean but he wouldn't touch up a PRIME Roy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That peice of shit mcllelan wouldnt have came close to RJJ

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones hand speed would get him a points win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones was not susceptible to the straight right... he was hardly ever caught by it. He only had troubles with pressure behind a jab, and even then he didn't really have all that much trouble against it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Roy would have beat the shit outta G-Man....G-Man was mean but he wouldn't touch up a PRIME Roy
    Totally agreed again! Roy was just about touching his prime when Benn beat McClellan and was still knocking a lot of guys out around then. In fact the only people he wasn't knocking out were the likes of Toney and Hopkins who are great defensive boxers and virtually impossible to knockout, anyone who just came forward round after round like McClellan did would have been knocked out as Roy is one of the hardest if not the hardest puncher I've ever seen at middle/supermiddleweight and he was almost impossible to catch cleanly plus when you put his handspeed into consideration there surley can only be one outcome Jones KO.
    Also I knew that McClellan was injured going into the fight with Benn, if I remember rightly he had a blood clot on his brain before the fight (apparently) and it burst during the fight. This travesty should never have happened for a number of reasons and I don't like to hear the G-Mans sisters blaming Benn but when G-Man knocked Benn out of the ring Benn should have been DQ'd because he was helped back into the ring by the ringside observers which is against the rules "Any Pugilist knocked from the ring to the outside must return to the ring unaided" had this rule been followed Gerald may well now be leading a normal life as doctors after the fight should have found the Clot and G-Man would have had to retire.
    Going back to the Jones-Gerald "fantasy match" though, I think I better get in that I know G-Man beat Jones as an amateur when they were kids but believe me he would have had slim to no chance as a pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from a weight drained Toney (Who Stweard admits G-Man owned in the gym) Jones never fought anyone elite so i cant judge.

Id pick Jones to get flashy but get his china rocked late.

G-Man late KO as Gerald actually fought prime elite fighters and did well with them Roy just didnt fight good fighters so one never knows.

Give me 8wks camp and ill look like Muhammad Ali against some of the guys Jones fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Roy was susceptible to the straight right?!?! Since when?"

I agree he didnt look look like he had trouble with the right hand.

BUT........ If you fight part-time teachers and trash collectors 90% of the time you look good.

G-Man would smash that chinky jaw to bits, Jones fought 1 elite in his lkike a drained Toney thats it. G-Man was a warrior dont go comparing Jones fake resume/career to a true greats.

ITS BANNABLE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: McClellan vs roy jones

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

"Roy was susceptible to the straight right?!?! Since when?"

I agree he didnt look look like he had trouble with the right hand.

BUT........ If you fight part-time teachers and trash collectors 90% of the time you look good.

G-Man would smash that chinky jaw to bits, Jones fought 1 elite in his lkike a drained Toney thats it. G-Man was a warrior dont go comparing Jones fake resume/career to a true greats.

ITS BANNABLE!
    What Jones never fought an elite fighter?

Toney
    Hopkins
    Reggie Johnson
    Vinnie Pazienza
    Mike McCallum
    Virgil Hill

Just to mention a few. And who is he fighting next? Oh yes p4p top 10 fighter Joe Calzaghe. I don't know what the writers in the Ring and Boxing news and so on were thinking for almost 10 years when they were regarding him as p4p no1. And then what were they thinking when they awarded him the fighter of the 90s?

Then again MarkusDarkus could you be wrong?

No impossible!

Thread Information