Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FAO People Who Train Regularly

I was hoping you could help me!

Im average weight, around 5'10, but I burn off weight too easily, I have always played Football (soccer) but always been into boxing.

I would really like to put a bit of muscle on or at least tone up, im not skinny but not big either, I was wondering if someone had some kind of plan, what to do each day, and also the best things to eat.

What time scale would i be looking at and tips to help me along the way

I would be very very greatful!?

Thanks to anyone with some advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FAO People Who Train Regularly

these are just my views, i'm not a pro trainer nor a health expert nor a doctor but someone who has trained for years and played football ( soccer) and boxed, lifted weights

food is very importent so lets start with that

WAKE UP, protein shake + glass of water

BREAKFAST, porridge, 4-8 eggs, 4-6 toast, oatmeal, orange juice + glass of water

MID-MORNING, protain shake + glass of water

LUNCH, meat, fish, tuna, chicken + glass of water

MID-AFTERNOON, tuna, chicken or egg sandwich + glass of water

DINNER, same kind of stuff as from LUNCH menu + glass of water

BEFORE SLEEP TIME, protein shake + glass of water

good training technigues are very important, if you cheat you only cheat yourself

LEGS, never neglent leg work. it will increase your overall body mass. SQUATS: 3 sets of 8 reps. Leg PRESSES: 3 sets of 8 reps

BACK, barrbell rows or lat pulldowns 3 sets of 8. chins 3 sets of 8. t-bar rows 3 sets of 8. deadlift 3 sets of 8

CHEST
    bench press, incline bench or incline dumbell press

SHOULDERS
    overhead dumbbell or bar bell press, shrugs

TRICEPS
    tricep pushdowns

BICEPS
    barbell or dumbbell curls

CALVES
    calf raises

like i said at the top i'm no expert. this is a basic routine, have 4 weight training days, working every body part twice do your cardino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow thanks m8 that is a great help.

What kind of time scale should I start seeing results?

Im willing to put the work in and I know its not going to be easy....

But im determined to do, some people say 6 months some say more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your trying to lose weight (which in boxing the lowest weight possible is your most successfull)

make sure u get ur daily vitamins take a pill or somthin..eat eggs or somthin simple as soon as u wake up

stay hydrated & then reyhydrate some more

keep your foods un proscessed like a can of tuna is better than fish sticks etc.

eat salad and steak and make sure u have some pasta type stuff for energy once a week and eat your vegtables like your mom always told you

...ive alwasy had a fairly muscular build and if anything over weight was my problem and teh thinner i got the more buffed out i looked ..so if your trying to pack muscles on this may not be the one for you but this is what boxers who need to healthily cut 15 lbs quickly do they just change there habits of eating and excercise dramaticly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks means

i dont need to lose weight i want pack a bit of muscle,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I don't recommend protein shakes or atleast how they instruct you to use them. They definately help but when you're drinking 3 a day thats alot of fake bulk that won't be near as effective as the real thing. The second you stop lifting/drinking the shake you deflate like a balloon. Not saying don't drink them at all, but limiting yourself to only using it after workouts is much better. Also some shakes are strictly protein, some incorporate alot of vitamins so be looking out for that.

This is all if you're wanting to tone up of course, 3 shakes a day and alot of lifting is more than toning up

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you tried asking in the training forum?

few things... whats 'average weight'? how old are you? When you say your into boxing do you want to gain muscle to box or are you just making idle chat?

You need to be more focused on what your goals are? Are you basically wanting to develop size and defined muscle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno if you're into motocross, water skiing, or jet skiing (hard hard riding though), anything like that

But I've found alot of my upper/lower body strength came from those activities, it's like lifting a weight except you have the adrenaline pumping so you're not getting tired. Basically you're working out more than you'd normally be able to but you're having so much fun it's easily ignored. Of course this is just a longshot, not everyone has those toys. Another great way to get overall body strength is surfing, but not everyone lives by the water

Damn all these variables

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    Honestly I don't recommend protein shakes or atleast how they instruct you to use them. They definately help but when you're drinking 3 a day thats alot of fake bulk that won't be near as effective as the real thing. The second you stop lifting/drinking the shake you deflate like a balloon. Not saying don't drink them at all, but limiting yourself to only using it after workouts is much better. Also some shakes are strictly protein, some incorporate alot of vitamins so be looking out for that.

This is all if you're wanting to tone up of course, 3 shakes a day and alot of lifting is more than toning up
    thats not really true of 'protien powder' are you talking about creatine shakes which cause some water retention, or that anabolic garbage out there. Protien powder is just protien, its either shat back out or turned into fat... as far as muscle growth is concerned your just growing lean tissue. on top of a normal diet though is 3 a day really needed... I know every (what should I call them... not exactly bodybuilders) weight lifter seems to drown them selfs in them now days but theres more to muscle growth then just spamming your body with protien.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as far as 'muscle toning' goes lads... theres no such thing... just a clicky word that trainers in health gyms like to chuck around. muscle is muscle. Its all down to how much fat you carry.

If you want to grow muscles and define them you have to do it in two stages: 1 the 'bulking phase' eat more calories than you are using during the day, don't go nuts but eat a lot of 'clean food' complex carbs lean meat etc. the second phase is dieting to loose the excess fat you gained whilst gaining muscle... you can't gain muscle whilst burning fat/maintaining your body fat % unless you're very fat to begin with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with the weight training, push hard and at the start of each week add a bit more weight to your sets not much eg if your pushing 100kg on the bench press dont try and jump to 120kg next week, ad 2.5 - 5kg, just go 1 step up.

don't get into the habbit of looking at yourself everyday and saying " i don't seem to be getting anywhere, this is a waste of time "

give yourself 3-6 months of hard training good eating and rest and you'll see good results

REMEMBER MY FRIEND ITS MOTAVACTION WHICH GETS YOU TO THE GYM AND HABBIT AND DEDICATION WHICH KEEPS YOU GOING BACK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just speaking from experience, I went psychotic on a protein diet a couple of years ago, using a regular protein powder and alot of lifting. My body changed dramatically within a few months and the second I quit taking the supplements, drinking the shakes, and doing the heavy lifting it all went away - even though I was still training in martial arts. Have had much more success with light lifting, some protein, and cross training. What I have now won't deflate. Hope not anyway

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't need to go overboard on protein 1.5 grams to pound of bodyweight is fine.

Any more and you're body can't process it and it will simply be stored by your body as fat.

A decent quality whey protein powder is the best supplement you can get. Just have a drink with milk after each workout.

Drinking loads of mega mass 2000 or the equivalent will not pack on loads of pure muscle like they claim. Your body can only process so much protein in one go.

You will gain weight but it won't be sustainable. You don'y want to have to spend £100's of pounds on drinks as a long term replacement for healthy food.

Just make sure you get the daily requirements for proteins. Eat lots of starchy carbohydrates for energy, switch to brown bread, brown rice, wild rice, brown pasts etc.

Ditch all the S*** like white bread, normal pasta, white rice, chips, processed food etc.

Also make sure you eat a varied diet. Loads of eggs, cans of tuna and steak every day was how bodybuilders used to train 20 years ago but there are better alternatives now.

Whey protein is brilliant, soya, nuts and seeds are good alternative protein sources for a varied diet

And look into creatine, a great supplement for building size and strength.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@

I was hoping you could help me!

Im average weight, around 5'10, but I burn off weight too easily, I have always played Football (soccer) but always been into boxing.

I would really like to put a bit of muscle on or at least tone up, im not skinny but not big either, I was wondering if someone had some kind of plan, what to do each day, and also the best things to eat.

What time scale would i be looking at and tips to help me along the way

I would be very very greatful!?

Thanks to anyone with some advice!
    Oh one more thing, how old are you?

Trust me when you are young you wish you could put weight on more easily but once you hit 30 you'll be wishing you were like you used to be, Trust me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i myself have tryed many different training styles eg, heavy weights low rep, mid weight mid rep, with 1,2,3,4,5 sets per move 1,2,3,4,5,6 excisizes per body part with all the diff types of diets and diff supplements ( but never steriods or such products )

in the end its what works for you best, what works for your mate may not work for you. its all about geting into the gym and finding whats best for your body

Thread Information