Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default next season

Ive just been told im looking good to fight for our club next season, does anyone have any advice on a training program for through the summer to ensure being sharp and absolutley fight ready by next season. I train 3 tmes a week at the boxing gym, and want to make sure mt training away from the gym is top notch.
    thanks gurs gally.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: next season

Heres what I'm doing: I've fought and trained through most of this season, all of prior to this season and before that I had a hefty work/training schedule... so its time for a bit of a break...

I took part in a 13 mile run with my gym a week ago.... since then I've not really done anything and this week I'm not doing much either.

end of next week I should have all of my college work out of the way and the training for next season starts, gonna be doing a shit load of training till about 1-2 weeks prior till the start of the season so my body can catch up with its self.

during this period I (and you should to) am going to be doing a lot of sparring.

the mistake I made this season was that when I didn't have a fight scheduled I was training to imrpove my fitness level and when I did I was training to reach a peak... you keep doing that 356 days a year (I'm counting the training period before the season where I had no light weeks when I should of... ) and you find it harder to stay motivate and at a peak. you need to slow down and play catch up, its not the bouts them selfs which take it out of you its peaking for them.

My advice would be to get to a point where you feel rested, train during the off season period then lower the intensity slightly before the start of the next season then plan your training from there, bout by bout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc for that Adam
    we should all post how our training is going in the off season.
    and post upcoming bouts and strenghts and weaknesses, maybe we can all learn a thing or two from each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im doing an 8 mile run soon adam well about a month away how should i train for this so far iv run a few times averaging about 3.5 miles in 25 mins im gonna start building up my distances soon though

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc back gally.

Hitman, just makes your runs a bit longer. If your trying for a good time aim for about 6 miles with a few sprints. I do 4.5 miles with a shit load of hill sprints and it was only after about the 9th mile that I began to feel my legs stiffen. Thats the only problem you'll have really... your legs - amatuer boxing training doesn't really give you outstanding leg endurance (you fight at welter though don't you? 8 miles shouldn't be too hard ) because of the lengths of the bouts... I had the cardiovascular fitness to do the 13 miles but my leg endurance hampered me. was pretty funny though... the propr runners kept over taking me till a hill which I would over take them on.

Its a case of horses for courses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

er no bantum lol

Thread Information