Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Collazo-Hatton sanctioned by the WBA! and now it's not! WTF!?!?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Collazo-Hatton sanctioned by the WBA! and now it's not! WTF!?!?!

Collazo-Hatton sanctioned!

Wednesday, May 10 2006

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...FyoHtKUap.html

Ricky Hatton co-promoter Dennis Hobson has stated that he has received a letter from the WBA confirming that Saturday's fight between WBA welterweight champion Luis Collazo and Ricky Hatton will be sanctioned by the organization. "We reached an understanding with Sauerland Events, (Oktay) Urkal's promoter in Germany, over the weekend and we've got the letter from the WBA confirming that Collazo vs Hatton is for the world welterweight championship," said Hobson. "We said all along this was the only outcome we anticipated. The WBA is A-OK!" But Hobson admitted the stress of boxing politics has taken a toll. "We've had so many late nights working on this Hatton vs Collazo fight that we're all going in for some plastic surgery. A fellow member of the fight fraternity back in Britain - who's had some nip/tuck work done himself lately - has kindly given us the number of a great surgeon!"
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Collazo-Hatton just got sanctioned by the WBA!

so Hatton's trying to become a 2 division Champ? But he didn't beat Baldomir

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The German fella (can't remember his name) has first pickings in a Hatton defence so i hear!!!
    Good news though if you consider whats been going on.
    THE SHIT Ricky is having to deal with is criminal IMO but he's bullet proof and it will only fire him up
    Hitman within 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys are overconfident......
    shit, im worried for Hatton in this fight...Somebody relieve me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collozo-Hatton update!

Thursday, May 11 2006

By Karl Freitag

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...AnDmbMDjr.html

Ricky Hatton co-promoter Dennis Hobson appears to have jumped the gun in making his announcement that Saturday's fight between WBA welterweight champion Luis Collazo and Ricky Hatton had been sanctioned by the WBA. "As of now (10AM Thursday, German time) no agreement has been reached," Sauerland Event General Manager Chris Meyer told Fightnews.com. "Draft contracts were exchanged among the attorney/parties involved, but nothing has been signed yet. Also the WBA has not yet decided in this matter. They stated more than once that without any agreement in writing and signed they will not give sanction approval for the fight....The paper that Hobson claims gives the sanction approval was "a mistake" by the WBA and did not carry any signatures. It was corrected by WBA only minutes after it was accidently sent. However, we agreed on terms in principle and I expect to have a signed agreement during the course of today. As the WBA is holding a meeting in Aregntina today, I expect them to decide promptly in this matter once they've received the papers."

...and now it's not sanctioned!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Collazo-Hatton sanctioned by the WBA! and now it's not! WTF!?!?!

At this point, who really cares what, if any belt is on the line? Those belts have lost so much value b/c of politics in boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    you guys are overconfident......
    S***, im worried for Hatton in this fight...Somebody relieve me
    Sorry im not really into Relieving Guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BABABOOEY
    At this point, who really cares what, if any belt is on the line? Those belts have lost so much value b/c of politics in boxing.
    You know...you & I don't & most fans don't...but I've begun to feel that Ricky's been on a chain jerking roller coaster ride since he left Warren...& I know I aint the only one that thinks that.

My point is...we the fans don't give a shat about the trinkets...but in the end...the fighters do. They have to. Generally...their either fighting for that or money or namesake...& unfortunately...belts do make names as do the fighters.

I just hope he's got his head on straight & comes correct.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you guys the belts dont mean shit but the belt is "important" in this fight because without Collazos title whats the point in fighting him? Hardly anyone had ever heard of him let alone seen him fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information