http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...howtopic=58897

Pacquiao arrogant’

By NICK GIONGCO

Ask Oscar Larios about his recent visit to the Philippines and he’d tell you how nice and warm the people are except for one fellow who definitely got under his skin.

That guy was no other than Manny Pacquiao.

During the press conference formally announcing their July 2 battle at the Araneta Coliseum, Pacquiao gave Larios a look then the Filipino icon walked past him as though the Mexican was just a wall décor.

Larios, who was here from April 26 to 29, described Pacquiao as being plump, short and arrogant and he promised to put on a show when they lock horns.

"He is underestimating me," Larios told the Mexican media upon returning to his native Guadalajara to begin the first phase of his training for what would be the biggest fight of his life.

"I am convinced that I can beat him because I have the physical attributes and the technique," said Larios, who has began likening himself to Pacquiao when the Filipino was revving up to face Marco Antonio Barrera in late-2003.

"When Pacquiao fought Barrera, nobody thought Pacquiao would beat Barrera but he ended up winning by knockout. Now I am in the same situation," boasted Larios, whose views were echoed by Jose "Olivaritos" Morales, the father and long-time trainer of Erik Morales.

"Larios is a boxer who can spring a surprise," said the elder Morales. "He has the style to win against Pacquiao even in his (Pacquiao) territory no doubt about that. Nothing is impossible and he has what it takes to get back to Mexico with the victory (over Pacquiao).

Morales also revealed that HBO has already come up a date – Nov. 18 – for the much-awaited, big-money third fight with "El Terrible".

So concerned is Morales about the outcome of the Pacquiao-Larios match that in the event Larios emerges triumphant, he would arrange that his son be matched against Juan Diaz for the World Boxing Association lightweight title or against Jesus Chavez in a rematch with the International Boxing Federation lightweight crown on the line.

For the Larios fight, Pacquiao will spend three weeks in Los Angeles and should be back in the Philippines on June 3, while Larios will train in Guadalajara and Tokyo before flying to Manila five days before the fight.